Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL customer service the best

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL customer service the best

Old 08-07-2003, 12:45   #1
imback
Inactive

imback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enough
NTL customer serivce the best

Posted at .com so thought it should be here too.

Yep you read it correct, in an independant survey conducted by the Daily Mirror, about hold times and customer service, NTL were the only company to get 5 stars.

They answerd the phone in the 2nd fastest time, sky were the fastest but charged 8ppm and had no hold music so only got 4 stars.

The companies on test were, NTL, Sky, BT (BT didn't hold up too well - 9min 16secs - given just 2 stars,and highlighted in the text, as one worse cases..) Orange, Vodafone, Powergen, easyjet, 02 and the HSBC.

I havent got a link sorry.
imback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2003, 13:10   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
See? We've never had it soo good!
Old 08-07-2003, 13:13   #3
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
Well I have always waited about 50 mins for Customer Service at various times through the day. Quickest is faults only ever wait a few mins. I think my biggest annoyance is after waiting so long I have been rushed off the phone, once or twice. Its all pressure to keep call waiting down but I don't like people when they are abrupt.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 15:22   #4
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/f...&siteid=106694

Link to story.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 15:57   #5
imback
Inactive

imback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enoughimback will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by dezzo
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/f...&siteid=106694

Link to story.
Nice one.
imback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 16:17   #6
BubbleGum
nthw.member

BubbleGum is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by imback
Yep you read it correct, in an independant survey conducted by the Daily Mirror, about hold times and customer service, NTL were the only company to get 5 stars.
Good job the survey didn't include any questions because no way on this earth is ntl #1 for customer service

Nobody has to look far to see how brilliant ntl customer service is. I saw this post on limboland earlier. What a bunch of bafoons to treat a customer like that
BubbleGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 18:52   #7
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
They waited 1 min and 4 seconds!! I'm Seeing it in black and white and still can't believe it.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 19:17   #8
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
having rang NTL a few times in tech and CS departments just recently i can say there pickup time was instant or a few mins dont know if i was lucky i dont ring them often though
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 19:20   #9
Defiant

B@LLOCKS,

We all know their's area's in this country were the people have to think what their name is on the phone so I'm betting they got through to those sort of people
Old 08-07-2003, 19:22   #10
Stephen Robb
Inactive

Stephen Robb is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Stephen Robb Send a message via MSN to Stephen Robb Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen Robb
Quote:
Originally posted by kronas
having rang NTL a few times in tech and CS departments just recently i can say there pickup time was instant or a few mins dont know if i was lucky i dont ring them often though
Well there you go!Said it in one!
Stephen Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 19:29   #11
Defiant

Anyhow their callcentre's are not linked up, They work in district's so one area can be better than other's. I bet the welsh area is the best though !