Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] ntl: 50Mbps Coming Soon?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] ntl: 50Mbps Coming Soon?

Old 15-09-2006, 22:06   #1
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
[Merged] ntl: 50Mbps Coming Soon?

ntl: 50Mbps Broadband - December 1st 2006 (RUMOUR)

I've posted this as a RUMOUR because no one is 100% sure till a press release is put on ntlworld, even if one of the big boys in ntl say so.

SO, i got told by a friend who is a broadband tech that ntl will offer:

- Up To 50Mbps Broadband
- From 1st December 2006
- £54.99 per month

Do you think any of this is true, i also saw something simular to this on ntl hell website.

Start discussing
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2006, 22:09   #2
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star
Re: ntl: 50Mbps December 1st 2006

Say goodbye to any other speed you were thinking of receiving from your service
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 22:10   #3
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
Say goodbye to any other speed you were thinking of receiving from your service
What do you mean exactly?

You think this is untrue?
Old 15-09-2006, 22:13   #4
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
What do you mean exactly?

You think this is untrue?
I don't think it's untrue, i just think there is no way their network can cover 50mb users without killing off every other user at the UBR at the same time.

An interesting point would be the upload speed with this as well...
Old 15-09-2006, 22:14   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

NTL's Network in it's current state will break and fall with 50MBit usewhores, plus it will require a new Modem standard to be implemented over their network AFAIK. I personally can't see it, but time will tell.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 22:24   #6
Zee
Inactive

Maybe is untrue for the date i was told, but if you've checked ntl's status page in the last month till now and beyond its been jam-packed with network upgrades ...
Old 15-09-2006, 22:33   #7
kibblerok
Inactive

Services: V+ HD, 20mb
kibblerok is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Maybe is untrue for the date i was told, but if you've checked ntl's status page in the last month till now and beyond its been jam-packed with network upgrades ...
To be fair though, it always has been.

It is pretty jammed at the moment in a lot of areas. The upgrades at the moment will probably just bring it back to what it should be.

Its a possibility in the future, but for the 1st Dec 06.......
kibblerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 22:40   #8
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibblerok View Post
To be fair though, it always has been.

It is pretty jammed at the moment in a lot of areas. The upgrades at the moment will probably just bring it back to what it should be.

Its a possibility in the future, but for the 1st Dec 06.......
Year: 3006
Old 15-09-2006, 22:50   #9
Bill C

OMG i hope this is NOT true. There is no way a ubr will handle this in their present form.

There is no way i want someone like me to have 50 meg download.
Old 15-09-2006, 22:51   #10
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

It's "coming soon"!!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 22:53   #11
Bill C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
It's "coming soon"!!
So is the tooth fairy and that's a fantasy as well
Old 15-09-2006, 22:53   #12
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

well, I have heard mutterings
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 22:57   #13
zing_deleted

Its to expensive and besides on 10 meg dvds come down in an hour im happy with 10 but I may sample it for a month lol lol
Old 15-09-2006, 23:00   #14
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

well why has everyone dismissed it ? for the past few months i have noticed alot of works going on, on the status page, now it might not be anything but it is possible, just because NTL have not announced anything does not mean its not happening, imo its too early for 50mbps

if it is 50mbps and i can sustain it transfer wise using diffarent methods then sky broadband can go jump
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 23:02   #15
zing_deleted

but over 50 quid a month theres just no need