Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Customer - What Do You Recommend!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Customer - What Do You Recommend!

Old 26-03-2007, 23:03   #1
LiamTG
cf.addict

Services: TV XL Sky Movies Internet XL Unlimited telephone
LiamTG is infamous around these partsLiamTG is infamous around these parts
New Customer - What Do You Recommend!

Hi all,

Had TV for nealry a year. Now decided to take internet and tel from VM.

Thing is atm I am with BE (whom have been brilliant and yes fast!) Thing is I got a great deal from VM!!

Any hows, I want to be able to use my lappy wirelessly as well as connect it via LAN (Binaries don't ya know!) and XBox Live. SO can you guys please advise as to what the best router is that will take the new 20meg speeds that I can also connect to via LAN when I want to hammer my newsgroups?

Thanks in advance!

LTG
LiamTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2007, 23:06   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New Customer - What Do You Recommend!

to Cable Forum

Until recently I would have suggested the Linksys WRT54G series routers. But they do have some weaknesses with the standard firmware. Install third part firmware and they can be great.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007, 23:52   #3
mant1s
Inactive

mant1s is an unknown quantity at this point

Id give up now Virgin support and customer service are rubbish
mant1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 00:58   #4
martin_messom
Inactive

Services: Free Broadband - who doesn't love wi-fi?!
martin_messom is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to agree with Rob,
Linksys WRT54G are decent, cheap and reliable, although my home Belkin 54G router (the one with diversity antennae) has been rock solid for two years now.

IPCop anyone?! (the bad packets really do stop there!)
martin_messom is offline   Reply With Quote