Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cable Forum Launches ntl Responsetek

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cable Forum Launches ntl Responsetek

Old 20-06-2005, 15:15   #1
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Cable Forum Launches ntl Responsetek

Today we launch the ntl responsetek tool †“ A feedback facility that lets users send their thoughts directly to ntl. As visitors and members of Cable Forum may remember †“ At the beginning of this year, we contacted ntl chief executive officer, Simon Duffy, to discuss the issues of the ntl customer experience.

Simon Duffy invited Cable Forum team members to meet up with him and Peter Wilcock, MD of ntlââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s Customer Operations and Business Improvement division.

In April, myself and team member Simon (Nemesis) held a meeting with Simon Duffy and Peter Wilcock. In this meeting we outlined several key issues that customers experienced generally with customer services.

Since the meeting in April, we have been working closely in the background with ntl, providing feedback and fast tracking serious issues and problems customers post on the site back to ntl for immediate resolution and there is more happening, to better explain it, Peter Wilcock, MD of ntlââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s Customer Operations and Business Improvement division writes to Cable Forum.

†œHaving read Cable Forum recently Iâ₠™ve been watching the thread Customer Service: Your personal experience get bigger and bigger. The amount of interest is amazing †“ over 20,000 views of a thread with over 586 replies!

As the person responsible for ntlââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s customer operations, naturally Iâ₠™m also keeping a close eye on the poll at the top of the thread. This morning it stood at roughly 48% for †˜generally OKâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ or †˜never had troubleââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢, 20% for †˜very hit or missââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢, while 32% voted for †˜normally mess upâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ or †˜completely awfulÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢.

Over the last year, we have done a great deal but as the poll shows, we have more to do across our business. Iâ₠™d like to reassure you that we are investing time, money and effort to make sure that 2005 will show a significant enhancement. I hope the poll is repeated in 12 monthsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ time.

Internally at ntl we track every aspect of our customer service. After 12 months of major changes I know that in the first months of this year we have moved in the right direction.

Today, activities across ntl are taking place to ensure we deliver the service you deserve. For instance, you asked us to open on Sunday and in June we opened our Sunday Service for faults. This has been a great success. We have just completed stage one of a major programme to cut the amount of spam and viruses entering our network. The feedback from customers was that this is a major issue. Weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re dealing with it, but the implementation takes time. By the end of this year the programme will be complete.

We also want to listen more. As a result we are delighted that Cable Forum has agreed to launch ResponseTek. Youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll be able to log onto ResponseTek in the same way as you can on ntlworld.com and ntl.com at Cable Forum (Click the image below) This link offers the same functionality for passing comments back to us †“ quickly and directly. We hope youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll use the service. Your feedback will be read daily and where we can take action quickly we will do so. By making it easier for you to feedback comments, we will be able to better plan and implement the business improvements you really want.

We want to provide a customer experience that is second to none. I hope that youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll take part and help us. Iâ₠™ll write again next month with initial feedback and more information about what we plan for this year.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2005, 15:20   #2
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Cable Forum Launches ntl Responsetek

Once again cable forum have done good
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 15:24   #3
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

i think this is a step in the right directon, who reads this feedback ?
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 15:25   #4
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis

Since that original meeting with Simon Duffy and Peter Wilcock we have achieved:
  • Removal of misleading ntl tv advert
  • Changes to Terms and Conditions regarding Box returns
- http://www.home.ntl.com/page/termsresidential (Section 19.5)
- http://www.home.ntl.com/page/equipmentreturns
  • Resolution of 13 customer problems
  • ntl revising Sunday CS opening
  • Usage of Responsetek software
... and we hope that the level of interaction we have recently enjoyed will continue ...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 15:26   #5
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

will there be a new poll on this, and if so, when do your experiences taken from.

this will have to be made clear as it is not what has happened in the past, but more of a what is your view as of a certain date.

this will make the poll more constructive.

well I hope they do improve customer service, and bring the jobs back here. I have had plenty of bad experiences not only with just NTL with having people from abroad deal with my problems/account.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 15:27   #6
Nemesis
Inactive

Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
i think this is a step in the right directon, who reads this feedback ?
ntl do, and Cable Forum will be receiving stats on a monthly basis.

We will get to know that problems have been resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius
will there be a new poll on this, and if so, when do your experiences taken from.

this will have to be made clear as it is not what has happened in the past, but more of a what is your view as of a certain date.

this will make the poll more constructive.

well I hope they do improve customer service, and bring the jobs back here. I have had plenty of bad experiences not only with just NTL with having people from abroad deal with my problems/account.

ik
Sorry Ik, Poll on what ?
Old 20-06-2005, 15:27   #7
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I have filled it in
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 15:28   #8
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

This is an excellent, excellent, example of how collaboration between the Cable Forum Team and NTL is steadily improving things for all of NTL's Customers, not just for the members of this site.

I applaud wholeheartedly the positive, and bold, steps that NTL are taking towards the improvement of their Customer (and other) Services.

I would like to thank, Mr Duffy and Mr Wilcock for their continued involvement with Cablr Forum, and also the Team for all the hard work that they continue to put in on our behalf.

I hope that "responsetek" is the start of a new era of Customer Satisfaction for NTL's Customers.

Well done to all involved.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 15:44   #9
zing_deleted

^^^^ what he said with bells on. Well done team
Old 20-06-2005, 15:58   #10
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

This is a briliant idea.
It is great to see Cable forum and NTL working together, and excellent that NTL is taking a greater interest in their customors now.
I am sure this new feature will be great. So thank you team members for making it possible and to all at NTL.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 16:06   #11
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

This looks like a great move in the right direction. As things improve a little at a time this feedback ability could really speed things along.

Great work Cable Forum and many thanks all at NTL who have worked on these resolutions.
Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 16:08   #12
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
Today we launch the ntl responsetek tool †“ A feedback facility that lets users send their thoughts directly to ntl. As visitors and members of Cable Forum may remember †“ At the beginning of this year, we contacted ntl chief executive officer, Simon Duffy, to discuss the issues of the ntl customer experience.

Simon Duffy invited Cable Forum team members to meet up with him and Peter Wilcock, MD of ntlââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s Customer Operations and Business Improvement division.

In April, myself and team member Simon (Nemesis) held a meeting with Simon Duffy and Peter Wilcock. In this meeting we outlined several key issues that customers experienced generally with customer services.

Since the meeting in April, we have been working closely in the background with ntl, providing feedback and fast tracking serious issues and problems customers post on the site back to ntl for immediate resolution and there is more happening, to better explain it, Peter Wilcock, MD of ntlââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s Customer Operations and Business Improvement division writes to Cable Forum.

†œHaving read Cable Forum recently Iâ₠™ve been watching the thread Customer Service: Your personal experience get bigger and bigger. The amount of interest is amazing †“ over 20,000 views of a thread with over 586 replies!

As the person responsible for ntlââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s customer operations, naturally Iâ₠™m also keeping a close eye on the poll at the top of the thread. This morning it stood at roughly 48% for †˜generally OKâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ or †˜never had troubleââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢, 20% for †˜very hit or missââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢, while 32% voted for †˜normally mess upâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ or †˜completely awfulÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢.

Over the last year, we have done a great deal but as the poll shows, we have more to do across our business. Iâ₠™d like to reassure you that we are investing time, money and effort to make sure that 2005 will show a significant enhancement. I hope the poll is repeated in 12 monthsÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ time.

Internally at ntl we track every aspect of our customer service. After 12 months of major changes I know that in the first months of this year we have moved in the right direction.

Today, activities across ntl are taking place to ensure we deliver the service you deserve. For instance, you asked us to open on Sunday and in June we opened our Sunday Service for faults. This has been a great success. We have just completed stage one of a major programme to cut the amount of spam and viruses entering our network. The feedback from customers was that this is a major issue. Weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re dealing with it, but the implementation takes time. By the end of this year the programme will be complete.

We also want to listen more. As a result we are delighted that Cable Forum has agreed to launch ResponseTek. Youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll be able to log onto ResponseTek in the same way as you can on ntlworld.com and ntl.com at Cable Forum (Click the image below) This link offers the same functionality for passing comments back to us †“ quickly and directly. We hope youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll use the service. Your feedback will be read daily and where we can take action quickly we will do so. By making it easier for you to feedback comments, we will be able to better plan and implement the business improvements you really want.

We want to provide a customer experience that is second to none. I hope that youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ll take part and help us. Iâ₠™ll write again next month with initial feedback and more information about what we plan for this year.ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â
the line bold in red Simon.

I took the questionairre, and I must say it is in depth. I did not hold back, but was honest in my comments.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 16:12   #13
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

I hope everybody is saying 'would you like faster internet access' - yes
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 16:14   #14
Nemesis
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius

the line bold in red Simon.

I took the questionairre, and I must say it is in depth. I did not hold back, but was honest in my comments.

ik
k, gotcha now .... I'm sure we will redo the poll, as this is being used as a yardstick.

As for the comments, please be as brutally honest as you can be, if you are not, then how can things change.
Old 20-06-2005, 16:19   #15
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Yep, if you don't tell them where you think they are screwing up then they will just carry on without changing anything.
Mentioning things like mis-selling of services by stating that things like caller ID were ready to use on your network and then you find out it's not and probably will not be for many years might help clarify problem areas lol
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote