Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2010, 18:19   #1606
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionatthepc View Post
Why is men & motors coming off? Is it being scraped alltogether?
Men and Motors owner ITV are axing M&M so they can use it channel number to broadcast ITV1 HD on Sky.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 14-03-2010, 18:45   #1607
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

17th. Ideal World is being repackaged from TV size M to Free Access.
Don't care in the slightest about the channel itself, but I'm intrigued to know what "Free Access" means? I thought M was free anyway? Maybe the encryption will be removed to give people with dodgy boxes something to watch after Nagra 3 comes in
Old 14-03-2010, 19:16   #1608
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Thumbs down Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
Great news for all us vm customers
Well not quite all...

NI & Scotland being shafted over itvHD.... a tad disappointing if only for a bit of footie...

Is this likely to change?

I'll complain on itv.com
Old 14-03-2010, 20:05   #1609
lemarsh
cf.geek

lemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of lightlemarsh is a glorious beacon of light

think the problem is that ITV in Scotland & NI want to be seperate, and ITV plc is a completly different company, covering England & Wales.
Old 14-03-2010, 21:13   #1610
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

So we have had some great news in the last few weeks so I thought I would put a list together of what HD Virgin media offer/will be able to offer soon. What it can still get and what other HD service locked up by Sky and looking further afield what HD channels may launch this year in the UK.

Broadcasting on Virgin Media/Soon to be broadcasting

BBC HD
C4 HD
Discovery HD
ESPN HD
FX HD
MTV HD
Nat Geo HD
Living HD
Film4 HD
E4 HD
Europsport HD
ITV1 HD
Sci Fi HD

Still a possibility:

Crime and Investigation
History HD
Bio HD
Luxe.tv HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Rush HD

Rumours circulating that a deal is done (though I have no inclination to believe this)

Sky Arts 1 HD
Sky Arts 2 HD
Sky Real Lives HD
Sky 1 HD

Pending OFCOM investigation outcome

Sky Sports
Sky Movies

Status unknown:

Disney Cinemagic HD - although Virgin did sign a new deal with Disney last year which included mobile and internet TV rights
MGM HD - No SD version to be covered by the rate card, 98% owned by BSkyB

Channels (rumoured) to be launching soon, have HD versions in Europe or are most likely to launch a HD version of a existing channel:

ESPNA HD
Animal Planet HD
Fashion TV HD
Sky Sports News
Sky News HD
Sky2 HD
Good Food HD
Five HD
CNN HD
Hallmark HD

Anyone any idea where Disney stand? They only seemed too pleased to deal with VM for ESPN.
Old 14-03-2010, 22:07   #1611
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
A lot of people don't want the hassle of Love film though. You have to wait for the film to arrive and post it back afterwards. It may be cheap but it's a lot of hassle. Whereas Sky movies you can just surf through your epg, see what's there and watch it. If you miss it, you can almost guarantee it will repeat within 24 hours lol.
Since when is waiting a day or so and putting a DVD in the post 'a lot of hassle?' Post boxes aren't exactly hard to find.

As for the waiting, Lovefilm is already creating apps for Samsung TV/Blu Ray DVD players and god knows how many other TV/Blu Ray manufacturers, so for Sammy TV owners, we won't even have the wait (and it will be damn-sight cheaper than Sky Movies, you're only paying for the films you're actually watching).
Old 14-03-2010, 22:56   #1612
jst
Inactive

jst is on a distinguished roadjst is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Well not quite all...

NI & Scotland being shafted over itvHD.... a tad disappointing if only for a bit of footie...

Is this likely to change?

I'll complain on itv.com
Can there be another way to see itv1 hd. In Scotland we watch channel 853 itv AD rather than channel 103 STV to see the itv network.
Old 14-03-2010, 23:00   #1613
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yes, via channel 119 on a Freesat box or channel 178 on a Sky box. ITV1-HD via satellite is discussed in more detail in this thread:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...l#post34980408
Old 14-03-2010, 23:29   #1614
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Carrying on from what zantarous posted, I suppose live PPV events in HD on SKY Box Office will be one of the last things they will give to Virgin Media customers

Old 14-03-2010, 23:31   #1615
jst
Inactive

jst is on a distinguished roadjst is on a distinguished road

Sorry I meant on Virgin Media!
Old 14-03-2010, 23:38   #1616
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

In that case the answer is 'no'. VM decides what will be available on the cable that comes to your house; if it decides not to include ITV1-HD then there's nothing you can do about it.
Old 15-03-2010, 07:52   #1617
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Howell View Post
Since when is waiting a day or so and putting a DVD in the post 'a lot of hassle?' Post boxes aren't exactly hard to find.

As for the waiting, Lovefilm is already creating apps for Samsung TV/Blu Ray DVD players and god knows how many other TV/Blu Ray manufacturers, so for Sammy TV owners, we won't even have the wait (and it will be damn-sight cheaper than Sky Movies, you're only paying for the films you're actually watching).
Sounds interesting Chris. I agree as well about their postal service. I was on it for a while and it was excellent.

Old 15-03-2010, 08:36   #1618
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Big Red posted on Friday (The day when Virgin Media did an deal for ITV1 HD)

Quote:
Big Red said...
Its really good news that these will be added at no extra cost either - well XL TV goes up by £1.50 from April.

I'm going to put my neck on the line and state Sky1 HD will be announced by end of the month.

A deal is really close.
(6th one down on link) - https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...82830169737784
Old 15-03-2010, 08:44   #1619
matt_home1
Inactive

Services: XL TV L Broadband Phone
matt_home1 is on a distinguished roadmatt_home1 is on a distinguished road

I noticed on the latest coming soon, the ITV2 + channels etc, any news on the ITV+1 getting anywhere closer?
Old 15-03-2010, 09:02   #1620
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: More info on Sky Movies on Virgin TV from March 26th.

I have now got more info on Sky Movies on Virgin TV from March 26th.

As well as rebranding and moving some channels about on the Virgin EPG Virgin Media are also moving some channels about on the Sky Movies Packages.

Sky Comedy will become part of both Sky Movies packs (i.e. A or B). It is currently only available in Sky Movies A.

Sky Drama & Romance will move from Sky Movies B to Sky Movies A.
Closed Thread