Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Old 19-01-2010, 14:29   #76
Forcefire
Inactive

Forcefire is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Welcome to the forum

Did they say that was a national thing or just your area which is Wales (judging by your location).

I'm going to give them a few days and drop them a call, makes you wonder why they are doing all the phone interviews now if the assements locations aren't even sorted, by feb poeple could have found other jobs so it does seem odd do do all the phone interviews straight away.
Forcefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2010, 15:39   #77
piggo68
Inactive

Services: VM VIP
piggo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

She didn't say , I suppose it depends how many interviewees there are at the moment.
piggo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 16:14   #78
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Perhaps there are not enough applicants at this stage to warrant booking an assessment date.

Still not heard about passing my 2nd interview. Perhaps you could confirm the contact number I have is right Forcefire? The last 4 numbers are 1472.

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 17:47   #79
Forcefire
Inactive

Dropped you a PM mate with the full number I got.
Old 19-01-2010, 18:10   #80
bart man
Inactive

bart man is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone know anything about the assessment day. i'm guessing the colour blindness test must be first. would be pointless doing anything else if your colour blind!
bart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 23:03   #81
Dukefever
Inactive

Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart man View Post
anyone know anything about the assessment day. i'm guessing the colour blindness test must be first. would be pointless doing anything else if your colour blind!
Hi bart man

Check this thread out for basic info of assessment day. There is a little info.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...interview.html

Regards

Duke

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefire View Post
Dropped you a PM mate with the full number I got.
Thanks man

Duke
Old 20-01-2010, 20:18   #82
niallharper
Inactive

niallharper is an unknown quantity at this point

Weird things are going on with my application. I still havent heard back from them about my first phone interview but today i looked at my application on their jobs site. I have been withdrawn from the south london apprenticeship. Also, the north london apprenticeship (i applied for both north and south london apprenticeships) has been changed to field service technician (17k - 22k). Anyone have any clue whats going on?

Maybe my CV was just so good that they have put me in for the Field service technician? lol
niallharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 23:03   #83
JayJay
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, XXL BB, XL TV, XL Telco 3x Cisco HD
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

Can someone please PM me with the number you was provided with? Thanks very much
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 21:23   #84
niallharper
Inactive

Phoned Virgin today to enquire about why the job i had applied for has changed. They had cocked it upand have changed it back. I also found out that i did the interview for Service field technician and passed!! Well chuffed. Just got to wait now and see when my next interview is (or by what she was saying on the phone, i get invited to the open day)
Old 21-01-2010, 21:39   #85
Dukefever
Inactive

Good news Niallharper, well done.

Duke
Old 22-01-2010, 20:32   #86
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by niallharper View Post
Phoned Virgin today to enquire about why the job i had applied for has changed. They had cocked it upand have changed it back. I also found out that i did the interview for Service field technician and passed!! Well chuffed. Just got to wait now and see when my next interview is (or by what she was saying on the phone, i get invited to the open day)
What they want are people who are customers focused,flexible,work hard,(like any company) has initiative, customer focus,fun,enthusiastic,customer focused. Really push this on all contact you have with VM.

Supposed i'd better leave VM after writing that then!
Old 22-01-2010, 21:17   #87
Dukefever
Inactive

[QUOTE=Supposed i'd better leave VM after writing that then![/QUOTE]

Lol, have you been there too long?

Duke
Old 22-01-2010, 23:04   #88
Forcefire
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
What they want are people who are customers focused,flexible,work hard,(like any company) has initiative, customer focus,fun,enthusiastic,customer focused. Really push this on all contact you have with VM.

Supposed i'd better leave VM after writing that then!

In speaking to them and doing the phone things I get the impression they are customer focased, maybe after all the years of bad rep cable companies have gotten they are trying to turn it around.

I must admit a team made me laugh recently, one of my neighbours was getting cable installed and a van turned up, an older bloke and a young lad were in it, while the older bloke was inside the young lad was stood by the van hitting himself on the head with some cable. I stood laughing untill the older bloke came out and saw this and gave the young lad a real yelling at which made me laugh even more. The sight of this lad hitting his head with cable still makes me laugh when I think about it.
Old 26-01-2010, 20:38   #89
Dukefever
Inactive

Hi all,

I have been successful with my second interview and I am just waiting for a date for the assessment. Looking good so far, very pleased.

Will keep you posted about the assessment day.

Duke
Old 26-01-2010, 20:46   #90
niallharper
Inactive

Glad to hear duke. I myself am waiting for a date for the interview day so no doubt we will bump into eachother. Think they do one every month and I believe that
Januarys one wad the 19th. Getting impatient now! Nervous to hear what's happening with my application.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Glad to hear duke. I myself am waiting for a date for the interview day so no doubt we will bump into eachother. Think they do one every month and I believe that
Januarys one wad the 19th. Getting impatient now! Nervous to hear what's happening with my application.