Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Budget, March 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Budget, March 2012
View Poll Results: What do you think of this years Budget?
It's great, I am better off! 8 14.81%
Utter Tosh, losing out again! 19 35.19%
Neither gaining or losing (What the chancellor has given with one hand has taken with the other hand) 17 31.48%
I'm Unsure 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2012, 14:24   #106
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: The Budget, March 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Milband's response to the budget was the strongest I have seen him yet since taking leadership of the party. Asking the front bench how many of them would benefit from the top-rate tax cute was good tv as well his comment, directed at the Prime Minster, that he could now afford his own horse.

Shame he is utterly ineffective the rest of the time. His failure to capitalise in any way whatsoever on the government's unpopularity, the slower than expected recovery and dalliance with another recession and the Lib Dem support utterly deserting them in mind boggling. If they can't capitalise now, at the presumed height of the current governments troubles, then they really are screwed in the general election.
By the looks of things, even the Tories and Lib Dems look like they are not going to do well, remember what Mervin King said...

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
If you were in power we would be in serious trouble and i predict a quick assassination of the person in power

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Well i am sure it will not be long before your away again
Thanks for telling me, I will put extra security!

Nice to see you again NOT!

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
One things Osbourne should considered before dropping 50% who these people where. I bet lot prem footballers laughing at payrise wont put into businesses.

Film stars, pop stars how many these was bank bosses, council bosses. Ours earns above this threshold he just been given nice payrise by the move. All these wont re-invest as they dont own businesses.

How many these 50% earners are actually business people who in position to re-invest.
Those business people are tax exiles anyway

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Sadly, this is all the Tory party is all about, he has helped the rich, but not the poor worker on the street, or the OAP's.

Smokers and beer has been hit, The Tories are not stupid, they will hit what makes them money, It won't effect anyone who is earning 100.000's a year, its just peanuts, people that buy houses that are worth millions.

What they should have done was to reduce fuel duty to help those who run haulage companies, people that need there cars for work etc. They should have given OAPs decent pensions to live on.

It makes me laugh on tv just now, Cameron has said that he has frozen his wages for this party, but l forgot his wages must be six figures, plus gets expenses, free perks, and goes on two months hold in the summer, with bodyguards paid by the taxman.

What about the poor worker. What he could have done is most of British Lorry drivers drive products that we use on the road, he could have helped them.

Most foriegn drivers that bring products from abroad should pay tax when they arrive in this country as they are on BRITISH SOIL.
The PM also gets a few free homes, free air travel (with leased BA jets), free cars and even his own train (the Royal Train)

I am also thinking he gets "paid" for his PM and MP roles

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
But we already have a low corporation tax.

Australia 30%
Germany 30%
Denmark 25%
France 33%
India 33% (and massive growth)
Japan 40%
New Zealand 28%
Norway 28%

most of the countries with lower rates are ones with higher crimes, more social disorder etc. are we competing against the likes of afghanistan?

Big corp companies are not job creators, small firms are.
I know, why don't businesses and rich people move to Somalia, becuase of a lack of law and order, no tax has to be paid, just paying for security (or paying the millitants off)

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
what's wrong with the fourth most attractive country in terms of corporate tax ?.I notice you have tried to justify high corporate tax because India has "massive growth" ,India has some of the lowest wages in the world which more than of sets the high tax
Indias wages are low becuase of low labour standards and a weak currency, remember also that they have rather high inflation!

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
So the millions of the poorest in society that now won't be paying income tax and the general reduction in income tax for lower and middle classes obviously passed your blinkers by.

Those same blinkers that conveniently forgot about GB's removal of the 10% rate when Labour clobbered the poorest.
At least they invested into the NHS for example
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2012, 14:52   #107
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Todays Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
So am I. I pay £42.50 every 5 weeks to Trev

How many grams is the £6.50?
50g turner from Dave

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Quote:
It seemed like only yesterday
You realise that we have loads more of this twoddle to come, as he catches up with a fortnights posts

Old 16-04-2012, 15:40   #108
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post

You realise that we have loads more of this twoddle to come, as he catches up with a fortnights posts
Dont remind me please, At least we know his next holiday will be longer

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 16-04-2012, 15:44   #109
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Budget, March 2012

Ah nice, my income tax bill has gone up again.

With withdrawal of child benefit once that kicks in that's well over a thousand quid worse off, and since the 'Conservatives' came in that's me over 4k down on income tax alone, ignoring the VAT rise and child benefit removal.

Cheers George, that's the way to get demand for goods and services up attacking people's disposable income, I'm sure the corporations you've handed tax cuts to will enjoy adding it to their 756bln GBP cash pile and investing it elsewhere.
Old 16-04-2012, 15:44   #110
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
My mother always said. if you don't like your greens then don't keep prodding at them and just ignore them or I'm gonna get the strap out
Old 17-04-2012, 12:42   #111
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
I was not on hloiday, I was suspended
Old 17-04-2012, 12:45   #112
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I was not on hloiday, I was suspended
Please view my warning here and consider that your next suspension is likely to be permanent:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...l#post35414953

Thread closed.
Closed Thread