Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 31-03-2008, 15:59   #121
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
I have done one of the dealership races but cant remember which one. I have all gold but 1 silver in C now. I have gold but 2 silver in B I think and I have 2 golds 2 silvers and a bronze in A still with around 5 races to play yet.

I stated using the Chevrolet Corvette Z07 on the A class and its been helping me out alot.

Glad to hear that you destroyed london with the Honda Integra. That car really just does eat the track up
Which part of the menu do you do the dealership class?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2008, 16:51   #122
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Which part of the menu do you do the dealership class?
You go into each dealership and next to the option for showroom there is a dealership event.
Old 31-03-2008, 16:57   #123
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
You go into each dealership and next to the option for showroom there is a dealership event.
I didn’t notice that, but will look out for it.

Thanks
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 18:28   #124
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Seriously, buy the Ferrari F430 '06. That car goes like there's no tomorrow. Good accelaration. The only downside is keeping control of it on tight corners.

Buying a Dodge Viper or Ford GT next. Was doing the 5 lap race all afternoon, the first race you get in A class. Earned loads of cash at 20,000 credits per race. Yes a bit boring, but needs must.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 18:45   #125
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Seriously, buy the Ferrari F430 '06. That car goes like there's no tomorrow. Good accelaration. The only downside is keeping control of it on tight corners.
Just bought that now lol. Aint tried it yet because I need to take a bit of a brake from it before My eyes melt out and my fingers become burnt lol.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 20:06   #126
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

By the way

Spoiler: 
The Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 is pants

Old 01-04-2008, 01:32   #127
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Ok am going nowere now in the A class. I cant use the fast cars. I have 1 of 2 problems. I either go to fast and spin-out or I go right but cant get the acceleration out of the corners. Am really not going anywere fast.

I have 2 gold 1 silver and 2 bronze and thats it I cant do any of the other races lol.

I got the Ferrari F430 '06 But am useless with it. I just cant control the car at all TBH. Cerberus you said the Ferrari F430 '06 was good didnt you ? What driving setting's are you using m8. I'll cry if I cant progress any further.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:31   #128
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Ok am going nowere now in the A class. I cant use the fast cars. I have 1 of 2 problems. I either go to fast and spin-out or I go right but cant get the acceleration out of the corners. Am really not going anywere fast.

I have 2 gold 1 silver and 2 bronze and thats it I cant do any of the other races lol.

I got the Ferrari F430 '06 But am useless with it. I just cant control the car at all TBH. Cerberus you said the Ferrari F430 '06 was good didnt you ? What driving setting's are you using m8. I'll cry if I cant progress any further.
My advice:

Turning off all your driving aids is an absolute must. You should have them turned off anyway, traction control especially will slow your acceleration.

Also, slipstreaming is another absolute essential, in case you're not aware, you can tell you're in the slipstream of another car because the wind noise dies down and it goes earily quiet.

Slipstream for as long as you can behind each car before overtaking to try and gain as much momentum as possible, overtake quickly and then tuck in behind the next car immediately.

Will have a look at my full settings and post ehre tomorrow for ya!

BTW: Forget the Ferrari. Use the Ford GT '06. It's like poop of a stick! I did the Gran Turismo Series final race on the Fuji Speedway and that's got some tricky corners and bends. It ate them up like no tomorrow.

It's late now, off to bed, been gaming too much tonight already!

Will post you my settings tomorrow, but turn off traction control!
Old 01-04-2008, 18:21   #129
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
My advice:

Turning off all your driving aids is an absolute must. You should have them turned off anyway, traction control especially will slow your acceleration.

Also, slipstreaming is another absolute essential, in case you're not aware, you can tell you're in the slipstream of another car because the wind noise dies down and it goes earily quiet.

Slipstream for as long as you can behind each car before overtaking to try and gain as much momentum as possible, overtake quickly and then tuck in behind the next car immediately.

Will have a look at my full settings and post ehre tomorrow for ya!

BTW: Forget the Ferrari. Use the Ford GT '06. It's like poop of a stick! I did the Gran Turismo Series final race on the Fuji Speedway and that's got some tricky corners and bends. It ate them up like no tomorrow.

It's late now, off to bed, been gaming too much tonight already!

Will post you my settings tomorrow, but turn off traction control!
Cheer's m8. I dont use the driving aids anyway. I will try some slipstreaming. Its just with the twisty tracks its not easy with the Ferrari. I will do a couple races again and buy the Ford GT. Gotta use the Ferrari on the 1 lap race so will have to try gettin used to handling it.
Old 01-04-2008, 18:36   #130
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Can you use the cars you get, credits, licences etc on the real game when it arrives then
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 18:44   #131
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Nae bother. That one lap race with the Ferrari is a right pain in the jacksy. It's going to take me a while to do. I only have that race left. Stick with the Ford GT for the American Muscle Car and Gran Turismo race series. Get a NSX for the Japanese Series and don't bother with Subaru Impreza WRX STI (18inch BBS Wheel Option) '07, it's pants. Have patience with the Ferrari, like I said it's a right pain. Slipstream and cut the odd corner when you can and avoid the gravel and grass when cutting corners!

Let us know how you got on!

Also try using the Ferrari on the Daytona Road Course in Arcade mode. You can get used to handling it and practice cutting corners on the course etc...

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Can you use the cars you get, credits, licences etc on the real game when it arrives then
Possibly, but there is nothing concrete. I am not sure (memory is bad) whether or not you could do that with previous versions of Prologue.
Old 02-04-2008, 16:19   #132
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Manufacturers races are a complete pain. This is what bugs me the most.

Inserted spoiler tags, just incase!

Spoiler: 
Take a slight short cut - 5 second penalty.
Bang into another car whilst braking to take a corner or whilst braking - 5 second penalty.

Yet when another car 'accidentally' bangs into you - nae penalty!

Hows that realistic? Another slight downside to the game.

Oh and the Daihatsu one make event race is a total pain. I'd go quicker in a pair of roller skates.
Old 02-04-2008, 19:42   #133
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
From what I understand is you complete, A,B and C and that unlocks S class which is the tuning class. You can't tune in any other class still.
Now this does contain a spoiler! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO!

Spoiler: 
You can quick tune in all classes once you have completed A,B & C classes. It unlocks S class, Quick Tune 9in any class) & The End Credits in GT:TV

If you've read it and have the game, then enjoy and keep working at it, if you haven't already!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:16   #134
icestar2
Inactive

Well it looks like we may be getting the damage in GT5 and in GT5:P as a download.

Quote:
How soon is "soon"? Well, sooner than we expected. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be getting a vehicular damage model, according to a new interview with IGN. This long-awaited feature will be made available as a download and could be available as early as this fall. Polyphony's Yamauchi said that, "maybe by Fall we'll be able to implement it."
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25   #135
icestar2
Inactive

Love the Ford GT omg what a car !!! Best I've used in the game by miles. Oh and the sound of it is just something else. Nice spot Cerberus m8. It like's to growl at you but it does the job like no other lol.

Just gotta do that Ferrari race now. I just cant get to grips with that car at all. Most i've got up2 is 8th place lol. I start doing well then spin out or take the corner to slow lol gonna have to work on them corners.

EDIT**

Just done the Ferrari Race. Only came third but was very close to the leading two. Couple better corners and I may have taken Gold. Thats A class done now. Guess its just Tune and cleanup now