Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 23-10-2012, 15:13   #1051
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Isn't that going to be open to abuse, undermining now TV?
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2012, 15:43   #1052
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If this post is to be believed Sky are set to allow Sky Go users the ability to download content to portable devices real soon along with the ability to add a further 2 Sky Go devices to the amount for £5.00.
How can Sky get away for charging you a fiver just to allow Sky Go on 2 more devices. Didn't they decrease the amount of active devices when they launched Sky Go?
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 15:46   #1053
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

My guess is that 2 devices is connected to the content licensing deal. Needs to be 3 as standard.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 19:51   #1054
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

If anyone heard the presentation today then you would have heard Neil Berkett confirming that the Sky basic channels will be available on the app. As for the premium he said they hope to get them too within the next 6 months when they renew the carriage deal for the Sky premium channels.
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 11:27   #1055
totalsmith
Inactive

totalsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

One for the testers.. Can you have the app on an ipad without conecting to your tivo.. For example, i want to put it on my daughter ipad but do not want her to be able to mangage the tivo.. I would only want her to access the streaming channels
totalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 12:41   #1056
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalsmith View Post
One for the testers.. Can you have the app on an ipad without conecting to your tivo.. For example, i want to put it on my daughter ipad but do not want her to be able to mangage the tivo.. I would only want her to access the streaming channels
Do you have a second device you plan on controling the box with? If not, just don't plug your TiVo into your network.
Old 24-10-2012, 12:51   #1057
totalsmith
Inactive

No i have a ipad too.. I want to control the box.. Just wondering if she can just use the tv anywhere part.
Old 24-10-2012, 18:44   #1058
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalsmith View Post
No, there is no way to not manage the TiVo.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 19:10   #1059
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
No, there is no way to not manage the TiVo.
This is an assumption as I've not tried the VM version, but I think there should be.

For the US version you have to put in the Media Access Key before it'll access the TiVo box - so if you don't put that in, then app won't manage the box. However, if the VM app is anything like the existing VM Player, then the On Demand access will be via the My VM Username/Password
Old 27-10-2012, 09:15   #1060
totalsmith
Inactive

All gone a little quiet. No news is bad news. Anynchance of any more videos or information we don,t already know
Old 27-10-2012, 11:05   #1061
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Retentions told me they just had an email through this morning saying it would be released in November. They are really struggling to sell Virgin now that Sky have added most of the features that Tivo has. I said I would wait and see what the app is like as long as it comes out at the start of November.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 11:16   #1062
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
Retentions told me they just had an email through this morning saying it would be released in November. They are really struggling to sell Virgin now that Sky have added most of the features that Tivo has. I said I would wait and see what the app is like as long as it comes out at the start of November.
Well the retentions department are probably a bit like the customer services department in that never believe things until it actually happens.
Old 27-10-2012, 11:22   #1063
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well the retentions department are probably a bit like the customer services department in that never believe things until it actually happens.
Oh yes I don't fully believe them. She did start reading out features of it in marketing speak and not just something she would have picked up off the web.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 11:27   #1064
SuperHighway
Inactive

SuperHighway is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the retentions Dept offer any other incentive to stay other than wait for the app it will be great? My contract's up in Jan and may well return to Sky if the half price offer is available.
SuperHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 11:27   #1065
LozW
Inactive

LozW is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a quick look at Sky last week as I'm missing Martin Brundle. Quite competitive and their sky go, or whatever it's called, looks quite good. Thought I'd wait and play around with the TiVo app for a bit so I can compare them properly, so staying put for now. Oh yes, CS switched my broadband from 10Mbps to 20 FOC too, which was friendly.
LozW is offline   Reply With Quote