Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 21-08-2012, 18:23   #676
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Looks like they did not like us using the app
Or it may have just been some code that makes it no longer compatible - I shouldn't think they care about us using the US version...

Really bad timing for me... I've tried the iPhone version but just around the time I got an iPad, I got updated to 15.3 Beta :p I still haven't played with it
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2012, 13:34   #677
chrisidaho
Inactive

Services: Triple XL Virgin Media and TiVo
chrisidaho has a spectacular aura about themchrisidaho has a spectacular aura about themchrisidaho has a spectacular aura about themchrisidaho has a spectacular aura about them

Just had a nosey in What Hi Fi? October edition in ASDA. 2 page (sort of) "spread" on the Virgin TiVo iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch app. Doesnt really give much away that wasnt already out there. I am writing this from memory so please do not take this as gospel, but the main points i recall are:Virgin aim to release it in the Autumn of 2012. The app will work similarly to the US version so you can view schedules, set recordings, manage recordings and carry out search without interupting your TVs picture. You will be able to watch channels on your subscription directly through the app although i think it hinted that there may be an issue with Sky owned channels (surprise, surprise). They are aiming to bring an android version out in 2013. They also hope to add in the ability to play programmes recorded to your Tivo by streaming to your i device in a future build...

I had thought about buying the magazine but there really didnt seem much point as none of this felt new to me. There were a couple of pics of the app but again nothing radically different to the pictures that were used months ago.
chrisidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 22:26   #678
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Quote......" I'm using the TiVo US app for now. "

I would like to be able to use that, is there any way you could post a link to it, or give me an idea as to how to get it?

Much appreciate that.
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 22:42   #679
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

The 15.3 update rendered Us TiVo app dead, for me anyway. If you've got the update and the app's still working, I'd love to know how? If you've got a work around I'd especially like to know?

Cheers.
dwarfofpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 11:19   #680
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Its embarrassing to say the least that it has taken nigh on 2 years for this app and its still not appeared
Looks like Sky are to update theirs again at some point

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1150.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 11:34   #681
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Looks like Sky are to update theirs again at some point

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1150.html
Yeah, it was mentioned in What HiFi.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisidaho View Post
Just had a nosey in What Hi Fi? October edition in ASDA. 2 page (sort of) "spread" on the Virgin TiVo iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch app. Doesnt really give much away that wasnt already out there. I am writing this from memory so please do not take this as gospel, but the main points i recall are:Virgin aim to release it in the Autumn of 2012. The app will work similarly to the US version so you can view schedules, set recordings, manage recordings and carry out search without interupting your TVs picture. You will be able to watch channels on your subscription directly through the app although i think it hinted that there may be an issue with Sky owned channels (surprise, surprise). They are aiming to bring an android version out in 2013. They also hope to add in the ability to play programmes recorded to your Tivo by streaming to your i device in a future build...

I had thought about buying the magazine but there really didnt seem much point as none of this felt new to me. There were a couple of pics of the app but again nothing radically different to the pictures that were used months ago.
Here is the full What HiFi article:

Virgin is taking the battle to SKY and looking to free further your TV from your living room with the launch of its TV Anywhere service. The new service will deliver live TV and video-on-demand content, and it will give you the ability to manage your set-top box in the form of a new look website and a brand-new app.

The app aims to bring the Virgin TiVo experience to your smartphone or tablet, allowing you to browse the EPG, manage your recordings and change channels without affecting the image on your TV screen. And if you can't agree on what to watch, you can stream content straight to your portable device for a multiscreen experience.

Due to launch in Autumn 2012, Virgin TV Anywhere is free and, theoretically, available to all Virgin customers. While any Virgin customer can access the new look website, the live TV and on-demand content that you can access will depend on your choice of Virgin TV package. The added extras via the website, such as setting your box to record, managing your recordings, and social aspects such as liking certain content will also be exclusive to Virgin TiVo customers.

The New Virgin TV Anywhere app will also be for Virgin TiVo customers only, bringing the sort of functionality familiar to SKY customers with the SKY Go app to Virgin TiVo users. The TV Anywhere app will launch on iPod touch, iPhone and iPad in Autumn 2012, though an Android app is in the pipeline for 2013. You'll need a wi-fi connection to watch content, though a 3G offering is on the wish list.

Also on the to-do list is the ability to watch your own personal recordings stored on your TiVo box on your tablet or smartphone. Clever.

It's a big push for Virgin in to the mobile TV domain, and the company is bullish about the advantages of its own service when compared with SKY's. Virgin has been doubling its customers' broadband speeds. Fibre optic network speeds of up to 100Mb help ensure stable streaming to other devices in your home, while the TiVo box has its own dedicated 10Mb connection for streaming content, ensuring it won't throttle speeds elsewhere. Exciting times for TV, then - and wherever you want to watch.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 11:56   #682
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

That article refers to the initial Sky+ app upgrade Chad that brought remote control features similar to the TIVO iPad app , this forthcoming update allows you to view the On Demand catologue and push requests to your planner from your iPad.

It certainly seems a good time to be a tablet owner if you have VM TIVO or Sky+HD.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 12:05   #683
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That article refers to the initial Sky+ app upgrade Chad that brought remote control features similar to the TIVO iPad app , this forthcoming update allows you to view the On Demand catologue and push requests to your planner from your iPad.

It certainly seems a good time to be a tablet owner if you have VM TIVO or Sky+HD.
Oh, I didn't realise that!

You are 100% correct, SKY and Virgin customers have plenty to look forward too. I Wonder if BT Vision or Talk Talk will ever offer TV on the go?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40   #684
Kaizer83
Inactive

Kaizer83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've missed the US Tivo app greatly since the 15.3 update broke it. Hopefully not long until VM launch the official one now we are in September.
Kaizer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44   #685
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer83 View Post
I've missed the US Tivo app greatly since the 15.3 update broke it. Hopefully not long until VM launch the official one now we are in September.
VM will say "It's coming soon"
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 23:14   #686
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Not sure what VM have done with 15.3 but even with the new version 2.0 of the TIVO app in the US app store the app won't communicate with the TIVO
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 00:11   #687
Jameseh

If the app does any less than the US version they can go fly.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:51   #688
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
If the app does any less than the US version they can go fly.
It won't.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:54   #689
Jameseh

I'm referring to the one day old TiVo 2.0 app with stream(ing) capabilities.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:01   #690
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I'm referring to the one day old TiVo 2.0 app with stream(ing) capabilities.
You mean the update that requires extra hardware to do the streaming?

Quote:
However, with TiVo in the States jumping ahead of the bunch, Pocket-lint asked Virgin Media whether it was looking to bring the TiVo Stream to these shores to work with the company's TiVo-powered set-top-boxes.

"We're investigating this type of functionality for our customers, but nothing confirmed as yet," we were told by a Virgin Media spokesperson.

One thing the service provider did confirm is that the US TiVo Stream will not work with a UK TiVo box, so there's no point importing one to try out.