Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 27-03-2012, 18:32   #526
neilcoburn
Inactive

neilcoburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by foddy View Post
Because your TiVo is wired, and the iPad wireless, it's up to the wireless router to bridge the traffic between the two networks. In particular, the discovery protocol relies on multicast which may get blocked - or equally, there may be a setting on your router for it.

Do you have the latest firmware? It mentions "improved multicast function".

http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/do...el=TL-WR1043ND
Many thanks for the thought. I'll upgrade. In the event, another round of reboots sorted it!
neilcoburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2012, 16:18   #527
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Can't help thinking VM missed a trick with the delay in the iPad app , it could have been a massive selling point. It looks like Sky's already got their companion app in development
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4537...-experience-tv
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 16:38   #528
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Can't help thinking VM missed a trick with the delay in the iPad app , it could have been a massive selling point. It looks like Sky's already got their companion app in development
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4537...-experience-tv
Yet again, I've got to agree with you MM.

The US TiVo app I used whilst still a TiVo customer was absolutely fantastic. The problem is that 18 months after it appeared in the states VM are still holding it back whilst Sky keep going from strength to strength in this area!

By the time VM actually get it out in to the app store I honestly believe they'll have thrown away what could have been an 18 month lead on Sky and instead end up playing catch up from day one. With Sky already having plans in place to let subscribers watch their personal recordings from with in the app I'm afraid VM customers will end up second best again!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 18:36   #529
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Yet again, I've got to agree with you MM.

The US TiVo app I used whilst still a TiVo customer was absolutely fantastic. The problem is that 18 months after it appeared in the states VM are still holding it back whilst Sky keep going from strength to strength in this area!

By the time VM actually get it out in to the app store I honestly believe they'll have thrown away what could have been an 18 month lead on Sky and instead end up playing catch up from day one. With Sky already having plans in place to let subscribers watch their personal recordings from with in the app I'm afraid VM customers will end up second best again!
That is why VM have held the app back, to get this enabled from day 1.
Old 27-04-2012, 18:40   #530
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That is why VM have held the app back, to get this enabled from day 1.
Ahh, that's great news Stephen. Last I heard it was delayed to add some mystery features.

Like I said above, the US TiVo app I used for a month or two was really impressive so VM subscribers are undoubtedly in for a treat once the app is finally launched.

I hope someone is kind enough to post a video & some pictures to so I can see what i'm missing out on.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:50   #531
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Ahh, that's great news Stephen. Last I heard it was delayed to add some mystery features.

Like I said above, the US TiVo app I used for a month or two was really impressive so VM subscribers are undoubtedly in for a treat once the app is finally launched.

I hope someone is kind enough to post a video & some pictures to so I can see what i'm missing out on.
It will be worth the wait.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 21:07   #532
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Is it going to be the same as the Sky app?

When we were with Sky we could watch TV on my I-Phone or my wife's I-Pad in real time, as well as other things.
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 20:35   #533
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post
Is it going to be the same as the Sky app?

When we were with Sky we could watch TV on my I-Phone or my wife's I-Pad in real time, as well as other things.
Probably, but by that time sky will have an app that makes you a brew, your tea and does the ironing for you whilst you watch the football.
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 20:42   #534
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki007 View Post
Probably, but by that time sky will have an app that makes you a brew, your tea and does the ironing for you whilst you watch the football.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10   #535
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Every time I see this thread bumped I keep thinking today is the day.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:56   #536
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Every time I see this thread bumped I keep thinking today is the day.
Your hoping for a miracle

Old 07-05-2012, 12:04   #537
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

I can't get over how long this is taking to deploy, it's becoming a bit of a shambles IMO!
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 13:28   #538
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
I can't get over how long this is taking to deploy, it's becoming a bit of a shambles IMO!
Becoming ?

Old 07-05-2012, 18:43   #539
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
It's not a shambles at all. VM had the app created and tested but then decided to hold off releasing it until they could add the extra functionality. Doesn't make it a shambles to me, but planned.
Old 07-05-2012, 20:25   #540
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It's not a shambles at all. VM had the app created and tested but then decided to hold off releasing it until they could add the extra functionality. Doesn't make it a shambles to me, but planned.

Spot on reply..
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote