Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media prices are going up again...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Old 30-09-2017, 18:49   #136
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

It's not really the speed increases that have required the new equipment, it's the increase in usage per customer. That's something that can't be avoided by holding tiers down.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2017, 14:52   #137
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

After ringing to complain about this, a member of staff was rude to me.

They are going to deal with him and his attitude and i've been given next month for free by way of an apology. The £3.99 per month price increase won't now apply to myself for six months either (no new contract).

At that point we will revisit the situation and can cancel with no penalty if no agreement can be reached.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 14:53   #138
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

In what way were they rude to you?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 15:14   #139
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

He outright refused to supply information to me in a specified format, even though I stated that this was a formal disability access request. He then refused to escalate this to a manager or instigate the formal complaints procedure when instructed to.

On top of this his whole tone/attitude was disrespectful and unhelpful.

After listening to a recording of the call, VM have apologised profusely and are to provide him with appropriate training and discipline him, so I have agreed to settle this informally and accepted their gestures of goodwill on this occasion.
Old 05-10-2017, 15:22   #140
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
He outright refused to supply information to me in a specified format, even though I stated that this was a formal disability access request. He then refused to escalate this to a manager or instigate the formal complaints procedure when instructed to.

After listening to a recording of the call, VM have apologised profusely and are to provide him with appropriate training and discipline him, so I have agreed to settle this informally and accepted their gestures of goodwill on this occasion.
I suppose the gesture of goodwill is a price reduction as usual.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 15:37   #141
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Thank you for the clarification - much appreciated.

Can I ask what format you requested the information in?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 19:06   #142
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I suppose the gesture of goodwill is a price reduction as usual.
Yes, as per post #137.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Thank you for the clarification - much appreciated.

Can I ask what format you requested the information in?
Via a letter or email as opposed to verbally- the youth simply could not be bothered and developed an attitude when facts were spelled out to him. They think that they're invincible at that age and that disability won't ever affect them or their loved ones.

Edit: Ofcom were made aware of this treatment of the disabled; i've just received an email from them to say that they are going to tighten up the requirements for companies to treat disabled and vulnerable customers properly, particularly with regards to complaints, billing and debt collection.

This will apply to telephone and broadband, but curiously not TV!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 05-10-2017 at 19:31.
Old 06-10-2017, 17:51   #143
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

As stated above, I have been cushioned from the further increase to prices, so will no longer be leaving for at least 6 months.

Thought I'd post my findings for those not so fortunate. My research showed the best deal for standard broadband/phone is EE.

The broadband in the package is 'free', but still cheap after paying the line rental. It's an 18 month contract and you can either pay £300 upfront or you can pay £18.50 a month.

Once signed up, you can claim a prepaid MasterCard with £100 on it for you to spend as you wish.

Taking this into account, broadband/line rental works out at a fantastic £200 for a year or £11 per month!

https://shop.ee.co.uk/broadband/ee-r...tsrc=Affiliate

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 06-10-2017 at 17:57. Reason: Added link.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:24   #144
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Price changes again?; https://www.choose.co.uk/deals/virgi...ost-speed.html
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:47   #145
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
Only for new customers.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 21:29   #146
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

So, they expect to lose customers by increasing bills again by between £1.99 to £3.99, so are trying to entice new customers by discounting a sum of £6!!!
Old 08-10-2017, 06:38   #147
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
So, they expect to lose customers by increasing bills again by between £1.99 to £3.99, so are trying to entice new customers by discounting a sum of £6!!!
It looks to me like they are referencing the earlier price rise and not a new one ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:47   #148
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Churn is around 10-15 per cent, so let's say they expect to lose 1 in 8 existing customers each year. If they sign up an equal number of new customers at the new discount, they are still quids in with 7 in 8 customers potentially* paying increased bills.
* Obviously retention deals play a part here, so it's very unscientific!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 15:12   #149
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Yes, I think it's the retention deals that are losing them money. Sky started this off, I think, and the whole thing has got out of hand.

If they stuck to one price for everyone, and Sky did the same, I'm sure their revenue would increase.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 18:37   #150
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I think it's the retention deals that are losing them money. Sky started this off, I think, and the whole thing has got out of hand.

If they stuck to one price for everyone, and Sky did the same, I'm sure their revenue would increase.
So much for your free market economics as that would be classed as a cartel OB in what you are suggesting?.