Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin superhub + ps3 connection problem's

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

virgin superhub + ps3 connection problem's

Old 18-03-2011, 23:04   #1
loggo
Inactive

loggo is an unknown quantity at this point
virgin superhub + ps3 connection problem's

Evening, im having strange problem's with my ps3 and the not so superhub. My problem is that sometime's my ps3 will connect fine(wirless) some time's and on other ocasions, i get dns error's or my psn will not load very well and be slow to load. Also when this is happening, game's like cod will lose conection to there server's.

This happen's all time's of the day but somtime's seem's worse at night and i cannie pin point the problem.

Here are some of my superhub setting's, firewall unchecked, ip flood unchecked.
wpa auto,upto 300mps.

Now i have read about putting my ps3 dmz mode but im trying to find a different solution before doing this as im a bit concerned about doing this in case my network become's less secure. Thanks .
loggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2011, 11:02   #2
kangocartman
cf.member

kangocartman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: virgin superhub + ps3 connection problem's

Although I have my ps3 wired you may want to try selecting a channel manually and turning it down to 54mps see if that helps.
kangocartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 11:27   #3
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem and ended up just connecting it to wired so it can take advantage of the full speed.
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 12:04   #4
loggo
Inactive

loggo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok im gonna try turning it down to 145mps. what about dmz? has any one got any views about this?. Also, i played my ps3 last night, for about 3 hour's and she was running fine on black op's with no drop out's. Also neo, i can't hard wire this ps3 as it's my second ps3 and it's in my bedroom + my old flusey aint gonna be happy with me putting more trunking up the wall's
loggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 12:26   #5
kangocartman
cf.member

kangocartman is an unknown quantity at this point

your ps3 has a max of 54mps g wireless but have you thought of homeplugs 200mps are about 50 quid these days smoother gaming I hear too old to play 'em myself
kangocartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 19:49   #6
MrBlond
Inactive

MrBlond is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried using an iPhone or laptop to see what other networks are online when your connection fails. A typical reason why wireless networks fail in the evening is people come home, turn on their equipment and if they are using the same channel as you, it can bump you off whilst your router and theirs continually try to reconnect. You can also get interference from other electrical equipment.

There are only 13 channels available in the UK and I often see interference from other peoples equipment when I am onsite and looking at these kind of problems.

I highly recommend the EoP (Ethernet Over Power) plugs. They are quick and easy to use and Devolo now sell a 500MB version.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Incidentally we have problems with some of NetGear's newer ADSL routers overheating. I am not sure if this applies to the cable units.
MrBlond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 23:07   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

you need to knock the connection speed down to 145mbits and use a wireless channel of 9 or below
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 17:59   #8
robolots
Inactive

robolots is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been pretty cheesed off with having a very incompatible and PS3.
I have got so fed up with it I went out and bought some Netricity 500mps homeplug kit for £69.99 (on special down from £99) from Maplin.

Plugged one in to router and one into ps3 and now works fantastically at around 20mb download speeds.

At least with the £50 credit from Virgin for taking out Tivo it has nearly paid for itself!

I know it shouldn't of come to myself having to go out and pay for another bit of kit-but I thought I would share with you all that at least the netricity homeplug kit works and is a solution if anyone wants to try them.
robolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 14:07   #9
Bullstein
Inactive

Bullstein is an unknown quantity at this point

I put my ps3 in DMZ 2 years ago and never had any problems or disconnects
Bullstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 20:03   #10
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

The superhub didn't exist 2 years ago.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 20:13   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
yes it did, in my worst nightmares
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 20:15   #12
Bullstein
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Duh,

Really?

Did I say I put my ps3 in a superhub DMZ?

I've put it in the DMZ of every router I've had over the past 2 years dimwit, and it's now in my superhubs
Old 13-07-2011, 20:22   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

And every router of yours has what to do with the Superhub?
Old 13-07-2011, 20:33   #14
Bullstein
Inactive

The question of putting a ps3 in DMZ is not limited to superhub.

My reply states that I have been doing that for 2 years

Simples

Same applies to superhub or any other router, your question was dumb and irrelevant really
Old 13-07-2011, 22:50   #15
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Your reply has nothing to do with the actual problem in this thread. The Superhub and its wireless issues have nothing to do with you and your DMZ.

Your responses have all been dumb and irrelevant. You can do whatever you want for your whole damn life. Still won't help someone who has a completely different device to you.