Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What have you just bought?

Old 16-07-2014, 11:11   #1411
tizmeinnit

Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Even the moment you set foot outside the MOT station your vehicle could be in that state. A Safe vehicle is one where the owner actually KNOWS something about their car and fixes problems as they arise rather than an idiot who thinks that just because they have an up to date service record and a valid MOT that they need do nothing more than just drive it.

That is the greater danger IMHO than the presence or absence of a piece of paper.
fair comment

I bought a dressed crab and some whelks. Normally dress crabs myself but they did not have any whole
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2014, 11:17   #1412
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
But they'll never catch you as it's not a prority, ANPR is not set up to catch you and it doesn't raise money for El Gov and even if they fine you its far less cost than actually getting a valid MOT
Pretty sure the fixed penalty for no MOT is £100 now.

Of course if you get involved in a bump that injures someone and during the routine checks it's found you had no MOT stand by for a kicking from the court even if the cars condition had sod all to do with the accident.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 13:18   #1413
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

2 Railway dvd's.
Old 16-07-2014, 13:29   #1414
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I love traditional country music! (70s and earlier)

Ah man..... Conway Twitty,etc........

Today I got 'THE KIDS FROM THE BRADY BUNCH' - It has 11 songs on it that they sung on that show........ I DIDNT KNOW THEY MADE A RECORD OUT OF THEM!!!!!

Very nice
I love all traditional Country Music and Bluegrass, Conway Twitty was excellent . I was lucky enough to see him & Loretta, My favourite is Gene Watson, I have sen him 13 times. Love George. & Tammy, also the great Merle Haggard.
Do not like the modern country at all
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 14:09   #1415
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Box of Lemsip Max

Whoever gave me this cold will pay!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 14:14   #1416
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

are you feeling unwell Peter?
Old 16-07-2014, 14:21   #1417
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Not the best Nash, also supposed to be in Dublin next week on business so not too happy about the gift of someone else's germs.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 14:51   #1418
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l hope you get better soon Peter as its never nice when these colds come along and thankfully so far this year l have avoided those pesky buggers.
Old 16-07-2014, 15:20   #1419
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Box of Lemsip Max

Whoever gave me this cold will pay!
Hope you feel better soon Uncle Peter.

School trousers, shirts and school bag.
Old 16-07-2014, 16:28   #1420
nashville
nashville

Hope you get better soon,
Old 16-07-2014, 17:35   #1421
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Hope you feel better soon Uncle Peter.

School trousers, shirts and school bag.
Must be depressing for kids when they haven't even broken up here yet the stores are doing the "Back to school" promotions.
Old 16-07-2014, 19:09   #1422
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod and 327RC2 grip ball head.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 19:26   #1423
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Not bought per say - but BT are sending me one of their new generation youview+ boxes for free

I have no idea if that means I can have one in the living room and one in my study but I aim to have fin finding out
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 21:17   #1424
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

A Canon EFS 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 21:57   #1425
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

An Xperia Z1 Compact as a present for Mrs G - for no other reason than she's as special today as she was over 25 years ago when we first met!!!

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote