Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2011, 16:10   #2296
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Has anyone got to this stage yet.

That is what i meant when is said that is what the installer wears and it takes so long as they have to get in and out of the house
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2011, 16:11   #2297
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

I think this thread should be archived when people start getting their new Tivo boxes and someone should start up a new Tivo review thread!

Old 15-02-2011, 16:12   #2298
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzy View Post
the trouble with "lifetime" offers is that it depends on who defines what a lifetime is ..
Well "lifetime" offers aren't for the lifetime of the consumer like many people seem to think, or even for as long as the product keeps working, they're for the expected lifetime of the product.

It's not unreasonable to say the lifetime for an STB would be around 10 years, in which case withdrawing the lifetime sub would be easily justifiable.
Old 15-02-2011, 16:24   #2299
davidthornton
Inactive

davidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nice

I've just had a triple TiVo installation done in about 2h 15m. All three went through fine and no problem with the hits (technical jargon). They have replaced three V+ boxes (one which I've had back from the days of the silver TV Drive). I'm a former TiVo S1 owner. It's nice to get back to using the TiVo remote control I so fondly remember.
Old 15-02-2011, 16:31   #2300
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthornton View Post
I've just had a triple TiVo installation done in about 2h 15m. All three went through fine and no problem with the hits (technical jargon). They have replaced three V+ boxes (one which I've had back from the days of the silver TV Drive). I'm a former TiVo S1 owner. It's nice to get back to using the TiVo remote control I so fondly remember.
Oh dear! THREE TiVos, I can see that srirring up a bit of a hornet's nest.
Old 15-02-2011, 16:33   #2301
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
Oh dear! THREE TiVos, I can see that srirring up a bit of a hornet's nest.
We've been through this already. Anyone getting more than one TiVo is paying the full price for them. Even those VIP customers who are getting one free I would assume would have to pay for any additional TiVo boxes they ask for
Old 15-02-2011, 16:41   #2302
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
We've been through this already. Anyone getting more than one TiVo is paying the full price for them. Even those VIP customers who are getting one free I would assume would have to pay for any additional TiVo boxes they ask for
I quite agree. I wasn't having a go myself, mine's getting installed on Thursday, personally I'm a happy bunny. I was just pointing out that there a lot of people still awaiting "the call" who might not be particually impressed at someone getting three installed . Prepare to duck, I feel there may be some flak incoming!
Old 15-02-2011, 16:43   #2303
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Ben's right; been through this before and we've been assured by VM Staff, that having more than one TIVO won't mean anyone being delayed with an install.

Based on that information, I'm considering replacing both my V+ boxes.

@davidthornton: Is it 3 pounds extra per box? Hope not; that would inicate VM are following Sky's thinking!
Old 15-02-2011, 16:48   #2304
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Ben's right; been through this before and we've been assured by VM Staff, that having more than one TIVO won't mean anyone being delayed with an install.

Based on that information, I'm considering replacing both my V+ boxes.

@davidthornton: Is it 3 pounds extra per box? Hope not; that would inicate VM are following Sky's thinking!
They have followed that thinking for ages with additional V+ boxes for non XL customers haven't they?
Old 15-02-2011, 16:58   #2305
davidthornton
Inactive

davidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nicedavidthornton is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
£447.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
As far as I know it's £3 per TiVo, per month on top of the normal cost of additional boxes per month. I'll find out when the next bill comes.
Old 15-02-2011, 16:59   #2306
Cozzy
Inactive

Cozzy is on a distinguished roadCozzy is on a distinguished road

personally i dont have any problems about multiple installs if they have enough boxes to go around ... if your lucky enough to get 'invited to participate' and have the money/willing to pay then go for it

they just need to get the phones buzzing again even if the install dates are weeks away as it seems to have gone all quiet on the "ive just had the offer" postings
Old 15-02-2011, 17:06   #2307
davidthornton
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
I quite agree. I wasn't having a go myself, mine's getting installed on Thursday, personally I'm a happy bunny. I was just pointing out that there a lot of people still awaiting "the call" who might not be particually impressed at someone getting three installed . Prepare to duck, I feel there may be some flak incoming!
Maybe some people will be irritated but as I hadn't really been watching this forum so much, before I received my call (as a former TiVo S1 owner), and the rep who phoned me checked to see if I could have more than one before taking the triple payment, I didn't contemplate it'd be an issue. Since I knew I wanted the product for most of 2010, and had put aside money for the upgrade, it made sense for me to do all three in one go if possible. That way it's three lots of £40 (install cost) saved, and also no need for me to take more time out to have technicians back in for further provisioning since I know I'd have wanted to upgrade the other two V+ boxes as well.
Old 15-02-2011, 17:06   #2308
Marcus125
Permanently Banned

Marcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathers

I've seen a few posts saying someone had a "return path issuse" and the installer forgot the WORK AROUND......

Surely this PREMIUM product deserves to be installed correctly not crowbarred in via a work around.

As you know work arounds are actually problems postponed.
Old 15-02-2011, 17:08   #2309
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus125 View Post
I've seen a few posts saying someone had a "return path issuse" and the installer forgot the WORK AROUND......

Surely this PREMIUM product deserves to be installed correctly now crowbarred in via a work around.

As you know work arounds are actually problems postponed.
If you had read the post it was the installer forgetting to fit the cable to the box which is rather stupid of him but we all learn.
Old 15-02-2011, 17:20   #2310
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Im not bothered whether someone gets 8 so long as someone rings me and arranges mine soon LOL.
Closed Thread