Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 16-01-2014, 18:50   #406
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well the price rises are forthcoming in a couple of weeks and usually Virgin have something up their sleeves to appease customers unhappy at the rises.
I'd like to see proof of that please Den. In triplicate if you would. Signed by Virgins Managing Director...
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2014, 18:56   #407
JustaBloke

Quote:
Sorry Sir but really you need to understand the banter and friendship between the many members of this forum as that is part and parcel of many threads on here and if you don't like that then that's your problem to solve.
Friendship or 'Clique'?...

Old 16-01-2014, 19:02   #408
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pharmacist View Post
I'd like to see proof of that please Den. In triplicate if you would. Signed by Virgins Managing Director...
There is no proof but Virgin track record from the last few years is that they usually launch a few new channels before or just after the price rises.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBloke View Post
Friendship or 'Clique'?...
l will let others answer that.
Old 16-01-2014, 19:43   #409
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Now now Dave you must have a short memory.
To be fair, Den, Dave was in relatively optimistic mode at that time and he was hoping as were the rest of us that BT Sport would arrive. I think he was a bit dubious about it appearing in the XL pack though, but I wouldn't hold that against him!

It was the Bloke who took the stance that it would never happen (see post 1205 on 24 July 2013 (timed at 1719)). Deja vu?
Old 16-01-2014, 19:58   #410
JustaBloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
To be fair, Den, Dave was in relatively optimistic mode at that time and he was hoping as were the rest of us that BT Sport would arrive. I think he was a bit dubious about it appearing in the XL pack though, but I wouldn't hold that against him!

It was the Bloke who took the stance that it would never happen (see post 1205 on 24 July 2013 (timed at 1719)). Deja vu?
Ahh, you can do some research when it suits you then? No matter how irrelevant. How pathetic.

Old 16-01-2014, 20:16   #411
shanewestwood91
Inactive

Services: Virgin media..Tivo..VHD box and Superhub 2...
shanewestwood91 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cscmediagroup.com/contact/
you could contact them on this website i hope they launch though as it would give us customers more music channels and entertainment channels and kids
Old 16-01-2014, 20:29   #412
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Then l hope Dave accepts my apology.
Old 16-01-2014, 20:41   #413
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The only Broadcast article was the one I linked to dated 27 June 2013. (Broadcast Now is the web address not the publication title). I think the trouble was ambiguous dating wording in a forum post which led some to believe there was another article. There wasn't. I'm pretty sure it was more a cock-up as oppose to conspiracy!

It's no big secret what's in Broadcast's archives. This search shows all articles containing Sky Atlantic and Virgin Media, most recent first. And, yes, it's the 27 June article at the top.

The Broadcast article from 27 June was also linked to and reported in the British Blacklist.
Yes Andrew - I appreciate your efforts - thank you.

That is the article that we can all find but MB and OB (?) purported to report an updated article confirming more Sky / Virgin talks - an update to the previous one. That article is MIA!
Old 16-01-2014, 20:44   #414
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Then l hope Dave accepts my apology.
oh course Den mate it just the sky channels I cant see us getting and I have give my reasons on that
Old 16-01-2014, 20:56   #415
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
I think the problem here about SA is that the rumours started..what two years ago? were from 'sources'. These have recently transformed into rumours from those within this community and no recent proof or corroborating evidence for the rumours have been forthcoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
Yes Andrew - I appreciate your efforts - thank you.

That is the article that we can all find but MB and OB (?) purported to report an updated article confirming more Sky / Virgin talks - an update to the previous one. That article is MIA!
There wasn't a second Broadcast article, spanky, that was a genuine mistake. The wording in MB's post was misinterpreted.
Old 16-01-2014, 21:10   #416
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
There wasn't a second Broadcast article, spanky, that was a genuine mistake. The wording in MB's post was misinterpreted.
Spot on! Cock-up not conspiracy
Old 16-01-2014, 21:36   #417
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Whether people like it or not, Sky Atlantic (specifically HBO shows) are a big glaring gap in the line up of a premium pay TV provider.

Therefore, people are going to want to talk about that.

For people who have been members of this forum for a long number of years, this has traditionally been the thread where such things are discussed, and I personally don't see any reason why that should change.

Skip the posts if the ones containing Atlantic discussion bores you.
It does not lead to discussion though, does it? It just descends into farce. We all know a number of people want SA (I am not fussed myself) but what serious discussion can we have about?

I can only think of one direction a discussion would go and it would be something like this:-

Poster #1 - "Anyone know if SA is gonna launch on VM"

Various posters reply - "Nope, not heard a thing"

Dave would of course chime in with - "It's never coming" ( - sorry Dave) and that would be the end of discussion in my eyes.

The only other avenue for discussion regarding SA would be its content, which many people will now know is now available on other legitimate websites, some less legitimate websites or via the DNS foreign Netflix hook-up thingy.

I have no problem with SA being mentioned, and any possible rumoured launch dates (I like the speculation) as long people don't waste pages arguing over it. These last few pages have not been a discussion about SA though.
Old 16-01-2014, 21:48   #418
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
It does not lead to discussion though, does it? It just descends into farce. We all know a number of people want SA (I am not fussed myself) but what serious discussion can we have about?

I can only think of one direction a discussion would go and it would be something like this:-

Dave would of course chime in with - "It's never coming" ( - sorry Dave) and that would be the end of discussion in my eyes.

The only other avenue for discussion regarding SA would be its content, which many people will now know is now available on other legitimate websites, some less legitimate websites or via the DNS foreign Netflix hook-up thingy.

I have no problem with SA being mentioned, and any possible rumoured launch dates (I like the speculation) as long people don't waste pages arguing over it. These last few pages have not been a discussion about SA though.
Spot on, Sir
Old 16-01-2014, 22:07   #419
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post

No one needs to define or be concerned about the form any discussion will take. Those who are interested in the post can read it and respond if they are interested in it and those who aren't can just skip past the post.

A couple of people telling other people what 'they' thought was appropriate to post is what caused this discussion. They should just concern themselves with their own posts and skip ones that don't interest them.
Old 16-01-2014, 22:21   #420
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

A couple of people telling other people what 'they' thought was appropriate to post is what caused this discussion.
Wannabe mods i call them, i know they aren't because the posts aren't in bold
Closed Thread