Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2014, 15:19   #2056
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Remember then we had to have a new thread nearly every month because of all the channel launches?? I wonder what has changed to make virgin media go from 3 channel launches a month on average (mainly rubbish) to literally not launching a single thing since january.

A lot of it has been about "broadband speeds" but considering majority of broadband around the UK has mega utilisation issues (im on 100MB and i can't get 2MB during peak) is this something to brag about? I wouldnt put all my eggs in one basket then a lot of people are very, very angry on the VM official forum about what they're getting. I left a very polite thread over my issues in the L10 area. There is a lot of mega profanity about VM broadband issues. Even more anger over the VM bragging over the telephone service being awarded top in the UK.

Whoever decided to stop launching channels and "content" and start concentrating on "speed" and "internet services" needs to be taken to the hang mans rope. Never concentrate all your service on an area which is really, really struggling.

The fact VM can now go "nahhh dont need anymore channels we're broadband baby!!" shows upper management are so detached from their product it frightens me. I'm being quoted huge reference numbers to call up to get a "refund". i asked why i can't get a refund automatically since VM know im getting dangerously bad broadband speeds. I was told "It hadnt been agreed".

Its a case of the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is talking about. If i didnt despise sky so much i would leave happily now. The fact VM think they're in a position to stop adding channel content really, really annoys me.
Bar the Sky Channels can you name anymore 'Must have' channels?

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

I would 'Like' to have:

CI HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
CI +1
HISTORY HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Lifetime +1
Lifetime HD
BoxNation HD
Pick +1
Sky1 +1 (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Sky Sports F1 HD
Sky Sports 3 HD
Sky Sports 4 HD
Sky Sports News HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Chart Show TV
Blass
Flava
Kix
POP
Pop Girl
Scuzz
Starz TV
The Vault
Disney Channel HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Disney Junior HD
Disney XD HD
Capital FM TV
Heart FM TV
True Drama
True Movies 2
Nat Wild HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Comedy Central Extra +1
More>Movies
Movies 4 Men (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Sony Movie Channel
E! HD
Universal Channel HD
MTV CLASSIC (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland and Smallworld areas right now).
MTV LIVE
MTV +1 (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2014, 16:14   #2057
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

When would you be able to watch all those channels MB?
Old 14-04-2014, 16:26   #2058
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Didn't know about the Warner one am going to give that a try as they offer a 2 week trial. If any good i'll report back.
How did you get on with Warner Archive Instant?
Old 14-04-2014, 17:07   #2059
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Bar the Sky Channels can you name anymore 'Must have' channels?

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

I would 'Like' to have:

HISTORY HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Lifetime HD
Sky1 +1 (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Sky Sports F1 HD
Sky Sports News HD (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland areas right now).
Chart Show TV
Blass
Flava
Kix
POP
Pop Girl
Scuzz
Starz TV
The Vault
Capital FM TV
Heart FM TV
Comedy Central Extra +1
Sony Movie Channel
E! HD
Universal Channel HD
MTV CLASSIC (Broadcasts in UPC Ireland and Smallworld areas right now).
MTV LIVE
MTV +1 (Broadcasts in Smallworld areas right now).
Pretty much all those and my obsession with Fox News which i still want. More +1 channels for me to discover more tv shows. More HD channels for me to finally respect HD. More music channels so when i'm drunk i can listen to more things.
Old 14-04-2014, 18:38   #2060
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Remember then we had to have a new thread nearly every month because of all the channel launches?? I wonder what has changed to make virgin media go from 3 channel launches a month on average (mainly rubbish) to literally not launching a single thing since january.

A lot of it has been about "broadband speeds" but considering majority of broadband around the UK has mega utilisation issues (im on 100MB and i can't get 2MB during peak) is this something to brag about? I wouldnt put all my eggs in one basket then a lot of people are very, very angry on the VM official forum about what they're getting. I left a very polite thread over my issues in the L10 area. There is a lot of mega profanity about VM broadband issues. Even more anger over the VM bragging over the telephone service being awarded top in the UK.

Whoever decided to stop launching channels and "content" and start concentrating on "speed" and "internet services" needs to be taken to the hang mans rope. Never concentrate all your service on an area which is really, really struggling.

The fact VM can now go "nahhh dont need anymore channels we're broadband baby!!" shows upper management are so detached from their product it frightens me. I'm being quoted huge reference numbers to call up to get a "refund". i asked why i can't get a refund automatically since VM know im getting dangerously bad broadband speeds. I was told "It hadnt been agreed".

Its a case of the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is talking about. If i didnt despise sky so much i would leave happily now. The fact VM think they're in a position to stop adding channel content really, really annoys me.
Hopefully Virgin is seeing that the future is streaming and not linear channels with Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Now TV and now Amazon, all of which need broadband

As others have said apart from missing Sky channels, there doesn't appear to be anything worth getting. Extra music channels are not going to set the world alight
Old 14-04-2014, 19:03   #2061
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Hopefully Virgin is seeing that the future is streaming and not linear channels with Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Now TV and now Amazon, all of which need broadband

As others have said apart from missing Sky channels, there doesn't appear to be anything worth getting. Extra music channels are not going to set the world alight
Not disagreeing with you but isn't there an argument that owning content then becomes important as well otherwise your TV revenues all but dry up.
Old 14-04-2014, 19:50   #2062
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
How did you get on with Warner Archive Instant?
I found it very buggy and it just wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't even bother with the full two week free trial.
Old 14-04-2014, 21:55   #2063
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Over the weekend I saw a 'Sky1 +1' sign on Sky1 when watching WWE Superstars.

and telling Virgin viewers to go to virginmedia.com/watchskysports if their want to upgrade to Sky Sports.

also just saw one for virginmedia.com/watchskymoves.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-04-2014, 22:08   #2064
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Quote:

and telling Virgin viewers to go to virginmedia.com/watchskysports if their want to upgrade to Sky Sports.

Could be a sine of the missing channels
Old 14-04-2014, 22:17   #2065
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-SWITCH View Post
Could be a sine of the missing channels
we can hope so but we have heard it before so lets see
Old 14-04-2014, 22:27   #2066
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
It doesn't fit with their business model though, they make money on selling channel packages, if people start reducing their package size and taking out streaming subs revenue will go down.

heck even I for the first time in 17 years am thinking of culling my cable sub and getting some streaming subs. I seem to watch more Netflix then normal broadcast TV and it is more out of convenience, as I can watch on any device I chose where I chose and the content is the same no matter where I sign in.
Old 14-04-2014, 22:38   #2067
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Pretty much all those and my obsession with Fox News which i still want. More +1 channels for me to discover more tv shows. More HD channels for me to finally respect HD. More music channels so when i'm drunk i can listen to more things.
I genuinely do not wish to sound condescending, and I guess you would have already out the option, but you could always listen to some of the many excellent DAB radio stations available in this country bud (digital radios can be bought dirt cheap these days) or failing that the Internet has some equally excellent stations.

If you want videos too though, I can understand your frustration.
Old 14-04-2014, 23:44   #2068
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

Quote:

There is also another tv advert from sky telling Virgin Media Customers to Upgrade to Sky Movies While Showing Sky Movies Super Heroes. I saw it today (14/4/2014) while Watching The Simpsons on Sky 1.
Old 15-04-2014, 01:32   #2069
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
There is also another tv advert from sky telling Virgin Media Customers to Upgrade to Sky Movies While Showing Sky Movies Super Heroes. I saw it today (14/4/2014) while Watching The Simpsons on Sky 1.
The relationship between Sky and Virgin has improved greatly over the last 18 months or so.
Old 15-04-2014, 02:36   #2070
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
Do these adverts look like paid for advertisements by Sky (even though they're on their own channels), or do they appear to be more like a VM barker type thing, as per the type shown on the on demand channels?

Knowing who looks to have instigated these promotions may help us to figure out if this is a good sign or not...
Closed Thread