Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 18:30   #1
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Here is the new 2014 thread for continued discussion of Channels and services confirmed or rumoured to be coming to VM this year.

Please try not to stray from the topic and descend into pointless drivel.

Last years thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...l#post35659222
Old 01-01-2014, 20:01   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV 2014

Hoping we get the last few Sports channels in HD this year. Would be awesome.
Old 01-01-2014, 20:02   #3
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Damn, a new thread already? Let the bickering begin...

Hoping we get the last few Sports channels in HD this year. Would be awesome.
if you mean sky ones very unlikely
Old 01-01-2014, 20:02   #4
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Heres hoping we get all things coming early this year....
Old 01-01-2014, 20:03   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
if you mean sky ones very unlikely
Tell me Dave why is it unlikely?.
Old 01-01-2014, 20:14   #6
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Tell me Dave why is it unlikely?.
as I said before Den the day sky give the withheld channels is the day they start losing customers sky don't want to lose customers
Old 01-01-2014, 20:34   #7
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
as I said before Den the day sky give the withheld channels is the day they start losing customers sky don't want to lose customers
They already are losing customers as are VM. As on demand gets more popular i think both Sky and VM will have to work together in some way.
Old 01-01-2014, 20:48   #8
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
They already are losing customers as are VM. As on demand gets more popular i think both Sky and VM will have to work together in some way.
one would hope so mate but you know what sky like always want over the odds on the channels just cant see it
Old 01-01-2014, 20:49   #9
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

That's par for the course, people change suppliers regularly, it's called churn rate.
Old 01-01-2014, 21:37   #10
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
one would hope so mate but you know what sky like always want over the odds on the channels just cant see it
Skys behaviour will bite them in the butt soon enough, apparantly on old thread someone said Vodafone are looking to take over Sky.
Interesting times ahead mate Liberty Global who own VM are no small fish either.
With Netflix already on the VM platform and Lovefilm set to appear on VM in 2014 things are already looking better for VM customers.

To add i got a reply of MGMHD too.
"Dear <name edited>,
We were alarmed to see that there is a rumour going around that MGMHD will cease broadcasting in the UK in January. First of all allow me to explain what is happening. MGMHD will not cease to broadcast on the Sky digital platform. We are currently negotiating with other providers to make MGMHD available to more people, also we are considering a streaming service too for those who can't or don't want sattelite. We cannot disclose the providers we are in talks with at the moment but let me assure you MGMHD is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Yours sincerly
<name edited>
MGM customer service."
Old 02-01-2014, 01:03   #11
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

<removed>
Old 02-01-2014, 01:15   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Just so everyone is clear on this, there will be no other thread, just this one.

Members acting like children in this thread will be treated as such, being sent to the "naughty corner" for a day (or days) if they cannot behave.

There will be no more off topic posts or debate about this, the thread is here, stick to the topic. You have been warned.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:20   #13
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

It would be wonderful if BT created BT Sports 3 and 4HD free for VM customers but not for Sky. That would be further justice for witholding Sky Sports 3 and 4HD from us.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:31   #14
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

<removed>

On the last thread I said there is now a red button on channel5 for demand5, and asked if this is new?
Old 02-01-2014, 08:25   #15
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Perhaps they intend to go it alone (away from Sky) - but no listings have been released beyond mid-January and the Sky listings website still says:

Please note that MGM HD will cease broadcasting from Friday 17 January. The last program will be ‘A West Side Story: The Film and The Philharmonic’, which ends at midnight on Thursday 16 January.

I would tend to go with what the owner releases rather than somebody in CS says - who also is not too good at spelling. I would have through that Sky pulling out of the channel would be knowledge to staff by now.

How often do CS staff give the wrong info?

Perhaps the staff will not be told until 16th Jan - we know that sort of thing happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
To add i got a reply of MGMHD too.
"Dear <name edited>,
We were alarmed to see that there is a rumour going around that MGMHD will cease broadcasting in the UK in January. First of all allow me to explain what is happening. MGMHD will not cease to broadcast on the Sky digital platform. We are currently negotiating with other providers to make MGMHD available to more people, also we are considering a streaming service too for those who can't or don't want sattelite. We cannot disclose the providers we are in talks with at the moment but let me assure you MGMHD is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Yours sincerly
<name edited>
MGM customer service."
Closed Thread