Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 12-10-2011, 10:15   #91
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Considering the main handsets Virgin sell are Android and BB OS then I have a feeling that Blackberry app will be coming

iOS was because a lot of tech heads got TiVo so will also have iPhones
Old 27-10-2011, 17:25   #92
makitamark
Inactive

makitamark is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have any more information on this App?
I guess we are talking about this:
http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...ad-app-1019063
makitamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 17:34   #93
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by makitamark View Post
Anyone have any more information on this App?
I guess we are talking about this:
http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...ad-app-1019063
That's the app in question.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 17:36   #94
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

iOS App will be released this year
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...te/td-p/791293
Quote:
TiVo App support: We've enabled the connection of your TiVo box to iOS devices through your wireless router to use our fantastic TiVo app, which allows you to control the TiVo box, browse, search and manage recordings all from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
Virgin Media are working on android version for the Tivo Buddy
Quote:
We are working to develop an Android app for the TiVo Buddy as well.
Nick Ontiveros
TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../795685/page/4
The title of this thread should be changed to "Tivo iOS and Android app
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 17:45   #95
makitamark
Inactive

makitamark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
iOS App will be released this year

The title of this thread should be changed to "Virgin Media TiVo iOS app
surely the title of the thread is 'iPad', not Android?
makitamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 10:45   #96
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The title of this thread should be changed to "Tivo iOS and Android app
Until there is actual details of when the Android app will be released I think the thread is fine as it is
Old 02-11-2011, 20:23   #97
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

Am I right in thinking the iPad app will be released at a similar time to the 15.2 upgrade? I haven't read the entire thread so apologies!
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 19:49   #98
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I can see A Windows Phone App coming but not for a good stretch yet, .
Quote:
Hi Nick, what about a WP7 app for this?
Quote:
I'm not aware that one is currently in development at this time unfortunately. Has WP7 had any success in the US?
Nick Ontiveros
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../795685/page/5

Not very successful going by this
http://www.i-programmer.info/profess...uccessful.html
Old 05-11-2011, 20:03   #99
Jameseh

Windows Phone has very few apps, its not going to get this. Its still the best mobile OS though.
Old 05-11-2011, 21:23   #100
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
In the US an Official TIVO Android app has been rumoured for some time so I guess VM could get one at some point.

http://www.androidguys.com/2011/06/2...ndroid-coming/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 21:28   #101
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
In the US an Official TIVO Android app has been rumoured for some time so I guess VM could get one at some point.

http://www.androidguys.com/2011/06/2...ndroid-coming/
It has been confirmed that Virgin Media are working on a Android Tivo Buddy app. Which will be released next year.

Quote:
Nick Ontiveros
Quote:
NickO wrote:

Will this be released this year or next year ?
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../795685/page/4
Quote:
Next year.
Nick Ontiveros
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../795685/page/5
Old 20-11-2011, 20:23   #102
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Does anyone know if the current iPad app in the states allows you to control more than one TiVo?

It would be great being able to set different things to record on different TiVos in order to avoid any clashes etc. Especially with the ability to watch things you've recorded on any TiVo in the home.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 20:51   #103
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I am pretty sure it does as I remember seeing something in a video that showed you had a choice of which Tivo you wanted to connect to.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 07:44   #104
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

That's great news, thanks for that! I've been looking forward to this app for ages now, I just hope it doesn't disappoint!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 09:39   #105
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
That's great news, thanks for that! I've been looking forward to this app for ages now, I just hope it doesn't disappoint!
You won't be disappointed