Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 07-10-2012, 10:26   #766
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
I was told Wednesday just gone, but decided to wait until someone else went first.
I double checked with them, the 15th I will spill my guts on this fantastic app that I have been using (as an Alpha and Beta tester) every day for the last year. It really does completely change the way you use your TiVo!!

Soon my friends, soon.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2012, 10:40   #767
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I double checked with them, the 15th I will spill my guts on this fantastic app that I have been using (as an Alpha and Beta tester) every day for the last year. It really does completely change the way you use your TiVo!!

Soon my friends, soon.

Bet you someone will be on here at 00.01 on the 15th to see what you have to say

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54   #768
clinteastman
Inactive

clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Bet you someone will be on here at 00.01 on the 15th to see what you have to save
HA! Well, don't expect me to announce any new features, just talk about my experiences and how I use the app, how streaming works (it's not streaming from the TiVo for starters).

If you have an IOS device but no TiVo my guess is you will want to get one ordered!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38   #769
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
HA! Well, don't expect me to announce any new features, just talk about my experiences and how I use the app, how streaming works (it's not streaming from the TiVo for starters).

If you have an IOS device but no TiVo my guess is you will want to get one ordered!
I have Tivo, ipad and android

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:09   #770
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
HA! Well, don't expect me to announce any new features, just talk about my experiences and how I use the app, how streaming works (it's not streaming from the TiVo for starters).!
As in its streaming from VM via broadband, like the TV Catchup works now I imagine.

If VM ever get to the point where they want to allow streaming from TiVo (as in, recordings), I suspect they will have to offer the TiVo stream transcoder boxes over here, in order to convert from MPEG 2 to say, MPEG 4 for mobile devices.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:19   #771
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I have Tivo, ipad and android
You're in for a treat then!

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
As in its streaming from VM via broadband, like the TV Catchup works now I imagine.

If VM ever get to the point where they want to allow streaming from TiVo (as in, recordings), I suspect they will have to offer the TiVo stream transcoder boxes over here, in order to convert from MPEG 2 to say, MPEG 4 for mobile devices.
You're spot on with that. Streaming is via the internet (just like the TV Anywhere site). TiVo doesn't have the hardware to encode so video so a external hardware solution would be needed to stream recorded shows, hence TiVo Stream.

One thing to note is that TiVo can stream recorded shows to another TiVo but that is because it doesn't need to decode it first.
Old 07-10-2012, 22:03   #772
Andy1
Inactive

Services: TV XL Tivo and V+. BB L
Andy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enoughAndy1 will become famous soon enough

Hi all - I am also looking forward to finally being able to share my experiences of the app from the 15th. If you have an IPad you are in for a real treat - if not you might want to get one - it's that good!
Andy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 22:13   #773
Jameseh

What is special about the 15th, launch day or just the end of your NDA?
Old 07-10-2012, 22:17   #774
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Ok, those talking about using the app probably still should be keeping it quiet as you are still bound by the NDA.
Old 07-10-2012, 22:21   #775
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ok, those talking about using the app probably still should be keeping it quiet as you are still bound by the NDA.
It all depends on which NDA, some people may have been permitted to talk about certain things. (but not everything)
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 00:06   #776
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Will the app be on iphone?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:29   #777
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Will the app be on iphone?
Yes.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39   #778
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Unless specifically told otherwise.
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:32   #779
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Virgin Media is fully aware of us talking in this thread about the app, we just can't spill the full beans until the 15th.
Old 08-10-2012, 15:26   #780
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Virgin Media is fully aware of us talking in this thread about the app, we just can't spill the full beans until the 15th.
And we have been, or at least I have, been given specific permission to comment in this thread. As long as we dont say too much until the 15th.

Regards

John
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote