Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 06-09-2012, 17:16   #706
Kaizer83
Inactive

Kaizer83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Be careful. That October date has never been released by Virgin. The closet we have got is actually "Autumn".
Thats why i said "According to this"

Also it had been reported that Neil Berkett had said that the app would be released in September.

The official line is now "Autum" but What Hifi are suggesting they have been told it will be October.
Kaizer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2012, 13:10   #707
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...c=rss&attr=all
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 14:40   #708
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Will this also be available for iPhone or just iPad?
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 14:46   #709
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Will this also be available for iPhone or just iPad?
Both.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 17:53   #710
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Live TV should be over 3G as well as wifi as far as I know.

from the following page
http://recombu.com/digital/news/virg...pp_M10112.html
It will be over 3G on my iPad that's for sure!
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 21:35   #711
billy_taylor
Inactive

billy_taylor is an unknown quantity at this point

http://paidcontent.org/2012/10/02/vi...een-intiative/

Billy
billy_taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 21:41   #712
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_taylor View Post
Looks interesting
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 22:35   #713
Kaizer83
Inactive

Kaizer83 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.tqsmagazine.co.uk/virgin-...e-the-lowdown/

3-6 weeks now according to this!

Just release it FFS!
Kaizer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 22:52   #714
tdenson
Inactive

tdenson is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_taylor View Post
That article says that the iPad will not be able to display recorded content. If that is true what an enormous disappointment. I thought the whole reason why VM have taken two years to give us a US app that was already working is because they were adding ability to show programs on the iPad.
tdenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:16   #715
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdenson View Post
That article says that the iPad will not be able to display recorded content. If that is true what an enormous disappointment. I thought the whole reason why VM have taken two years to give us a US app that was already working is because they were adding ability to show programs on the iPad.
Considering TiVo needs extra hardware to do that, and that was only released by US TiVo last month - that was never going to be in the inital release

However Virgin have already said they are looking at TiVo Stream and whether/when they can bring it to the VM TiVo service

Conversely the US TiVo app doesn't do the On Demand stuff the TV Anywhere app will do, so it's not like VM haven't been adding what they can
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15   #716
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

So pleased I took the plunge with a Slingbox months ago as waiting for Virgin to come up with the tech or app to do the same sort of thing is useless.

I only wanted to access recordings while I was away but still in the country so I could spend my evenings watching those rather than stuck with just freeview live tv.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 19:10   #717
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer83 View Post
http://www.tqsmagazine.co.uk/virgin-...e-the-lowdown/

3-6 weeks now according to this!

Just release it FFS!
I wonder if that includes App store approval time, otherwise they could get close to the christmas change freeze and use that as an excuse to not release it until next year.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 21:10   #718
giorgoxxi
Inactive

giorgoxxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
So pleased I took the plunge with a Slingbox months ago as waiting for Virgin to come up with the tech or app to do the same sort of thing is useless.

I only wanted to access recordings while I was away but still in the country so I could spend my evenings watching those rather than stuck with just freeview live tv.
If watching TV remotely is a priority, there is nothing like the Slingbox, and Virgin (or Sky) will never be able to match its functionality (due to content restrictions).

I got the SD version for £50 from eBay and it is one of my best investments gadget-wise.
giorgoxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05   #719
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgoxxi View Post
If watching TV remotely is a priority, there is nothing like the Slingbox, and Virgin (or Sky) will never be able to match its functionality (due to content restrictions).
I didn't think there would be any such problems if Virgin offer the Tivo Stream.

http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-stream/index.html

Main problem with the Slingbox is having to go back to analogue for the connection to the cable box or other video source. There's also the £20 you need to fork out for the IOS / Android apps which haven't been updated in a year. Echostar who own them seem to be more focussed now on other things like their Freeview PVR.
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29   #720
giorgoxxi
Inactive

giorgoxxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
I didn't think there would be any such problems if Virgin offer the Tivo Stream.

http://www.tivo.com/products/tivo-stream/index.html

Main problem with the Slingbox is having to go back to analogue for the connection to the cable box or other video source. There's also the £20 you need to fork out for the IOS / Android apps which haven't been updated in a year. Echostar who own them seem to be more focussed now on other things like their Freeview PVR.
It is not about the technology, its about the legal side of things. Already if you have Sky GO content is limited due to contract agreements that don't allow placeshifting. Also Sky GO does not work outside the UK for the same legal reasons. TiVo Stream will have the same issues (if not worse since we know how much trouble SKY gives to Virgin).

The new Slingboxes (550?) have HDMI in and out. They are very expensive at the moment though. Agree about the apps, they are incredibly overpriced as well, which is why I decided not to pay for them since I thought it was daylight robbery The apps work perfectly however, not sure they need an update.
giorgoxxi is offline   Reply With Quote