Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Old 16-07-2012, 20:33   #601
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

I'm also using Tivo App 1.91, updated it last week. So yes this is the latest version.

My Tivo is running 15.2.1 and everything working ok.
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2012, 20:34   #602
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I never said there wasn't I was telling the poster that he had Tivo and iPad buddy firmware numbers confused.

Although at this rate we might as well say there isn't one.
And I was saying maybe he was right ;-)
Old 16-07-2012, 20:38   #603
tigger2014
Inactive

tigger2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all is anyone able to put together everything needed to run the python scripts on ios, ive tried but not being a coder got a bit lost.
THanks tigger
tigger2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 10:20   #604
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I never said there wasn't I was telling the poster that he had Tivo and iPad buddy firmware numbers confused.

Although at this rate we might as well say there isn't one.
I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not confused!!

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

This article says nothing!!! The first comment is interesting though.

http://paidcontent.org/2012/03/08/41...o-years-later/
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 10:21   #605
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I cannot understand why vm are going out of there way to stop us using the us app

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 10:48   #606
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not confused!! [COLOR="Silver"]
Care to enlighten the rest of us then? Are you a beta tester then for the VM app?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 10:50   #607
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2012, 10:50   #608
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I cannot understand why vm are going out of there way to stop us using the us app
They are?
Old 17-07-2012, 10:56   #609
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They are?

I feel they are as the latest TiVo update stops the us app from working

Old 17-07-2012, 11:04   #610
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Care to enlighten the rest of us then? Are you a beta tester then for the VM app?
If he is then he wouldnt be able to tell you as he would have signed an NDA.
Old 17-07-2012, 11:06   #611
zantarous

zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Does the new version of the Tivo stop the US app form working?
Old 17-07-2012, 11:11   #612
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Does the new version of the Tivo stop the US app form working?
So I have been told by a person on the new update. I have not had the update yet but will be well upset if it is blocked as it makes the TiVo far better to use.

Old 17-07-2012, 11:14   #613
zantarous

Yeah its great for search but has anyone used it to control the YouTube app? The delete and space key don't do anything its really frustrating.
Old 19-07-2012, 22:37   #614
MarkyUK
Inactive

MarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about themMarkyUK has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

This article says nothing!!! The first comment is interesting though.

http://paidcontent.org/2012/03/08/41...o-years-later/
I lol'd @ "In other words, Sky has beaten Virgin to releasing an iPad app for Virgin."

If the iPad app is not COMPLETELY bug free after all this testing, I will be disappointed
MarkyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 06:52   #615
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyUK View Post
I lol'd @ "In other words, Sky has beaten Virgin to releasing an iPad app for Virgin."

If the iPad app is not COMPLETELY bug free after all this testing, I will be disappointed
I lol'd at all of it

Quote:
February 2012

On the first anniversary of TiVo’s UK relaunch, Virgin executives faced questions from curious City investment analysts: Where the heck was the app?

“We’ve got it, it works,” chief operating officer Andrew Barron said. “Ninety-nine percent of companies would have rolled it out by now – it’s stable, impressive – but we haven’t…

“We wanted to make sure … that, when it hits, it goes mass-market quite quickly and is not viewed as some flaky application for enthusiasts but is polished and doesn’t generate calls to support. It shows you our philosophy – we’re a mass-market company.”

If you say so.
Quote:
March 2012

Now, at Cable Congress 2012 in Brussels on Thursday, CEO Neil Berkett gave a revised timeline – the app will finally be out in September 2012, The Register reports.
Quote:
Tortoise and the hare

That is a phenomenally long gestation in a TV world now being disrupted by nimble new entrants, who are increasingly using rapid web development, test and release cycles to get innovative products in to the marketplace quickly, without stopping to ask questions.

The Zeebox startup managed to build an iPad TV EPG with built-in social features, contextual show pages and click-to-buy in a matter of months, earning it a partnership that effectively makes it the supplier for such technology to Virgin rival BSkyB.

One more feature Zeebox users enjoy – an integrated TV controller that works with… you guessed it… Virgin Media’s TiVo….

[/B].
Quote:
In other words, Sky has beaten Virgin to releasing an iPad app for Virgin.

TiVo is a significant leap forward from Virgin Media’s previous set-top box. But Virgin has been remarkably slow to re-skin an already-existing product, and the paucity of TV “apps” available on TiVo boxes suggests more big-company thinking than the “open platform” mantra executives have espoused on their TiVo trajectory.

The lesson here: must be more nimble
It's the app i am waiting for, Its the app that would make me dump my android phone and move to iphone to match my ipad, its the app we need now. I hope and pray that come September they don't suddenly decided it needs more development and not release it..