Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ongoing virgin problems, any advice??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ongoing virgin problems, any advice??

Old 06-06-2010, 13:43   #1
gary36arms
Inactive

gary36arms is an unknown quantity at this point
ongoing virgin problems, any advice??

hi all, i started a £25 a month contract with virgin in december, in 5 months ive had 5 nokia n86's, 3 dodgy earpieces, 1 refurb full of previous owners data, and another one that kept rebooting its self, last week when the earpiece went i thought thats it, no more, so i manage to get them to agree for a handset swap, i was pretty much open to any handset to similar specs as n86, but they offered me rubbish basically, after lots of ranting they agreed the best they could do was a tocco ultra, they assured me it was a good handset,

i recieved it yesterday, it wasnt that bad, not a smartphone which id of preferred but still ok, i properly fully charged it in the afternoon till it was full, used the web for ten mins, battery dropped to 2 bars, i thought maybe needs another good charge, so left it over night, mid day today i do a bit of browsing on ebay, in 5 mins down to 3 bars, 5 mins later down to 2, the thing is basically depleting the battery like no ones business, and i do use mobile web a lot when at work or out so its not going to be ideal i keep this phone, my big problem is where do i stand from a consumer point of view with this, if they gave me the phone as a good will gesture should i just shut up and put up with it or do i have a period of time that i can return it if im not happy with it as when i agreed to have this handset i didnt even know anything about it? i imagine they are gettin the idea that im just a constantly moaning misery arse so i really wanted to keep my complaining to a minimum but ideally i want a different handset again......any advice would be greatly appreciated
gary36arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2010, 14:26   #2
greyfox1974
Inactive

greyfox1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ongoing virgin problems, any advice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary36arms View Post
hi all, i started a £25 a month contract with virgin in december, in 5 months ive had 5 nokia n86's, 3 dodgy earpieces, 1 refurb full of previous owners data, and another one that kept rebooting its self, last week when the earpiece went i thought thats it, no more, so i manage to get them to agree for a handset swap, i was pretty much open to any handset to similar specs as n86, but they offered me rubbish basically, after lots of ranting they agreed the best they could do was a tocco ultra, they assured me it was a good handset,

i recieved it yesterday, it wasnt that bad, not a smartphone which id of preferred but still ok, i properly fully charged it in the afternoon till it was full, used the web for ten mins, battery dropped to 2 bars, i thought maybe needs another good charge, so left it over night, mid day today i do a bit of browsing on ebay, in 5 mins down to 3 bars, 5 mins later down to 2, the thing is basically depleting the battery like no ones business, and i do use mobile web a lot when at work or out so its not going to be ideal i keep this phone, my big problem is where do i stand from a consumer point of view with this, if they gave me the phone as a good will gesture should i just shut up and put up with it or do i have a period of time that i can return it if im not happy with it as when i agreed to have this handset i didnt even know anything about it? i imagine they are gettin the idea that im just a constantly moaning misery arse so i really wanted to keep my complaining to a minimum but ideally i want a different handset again......any advice would be greatly appreciated

they should give you what u asked for in the first plz and the tocco ultra does have some problems i had 1 for a month back in dec and it went tits up on me the lcd went likes 2 weeks after i had it and i have heard the same thing a couple of times by diff ppl
greyfox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 14:56   #3
gary36arms
Inactive

thanks for the reply, id asked for anything other than what i originally had because i was having so many problems, was the battery life that bad on tocco ultra?? its going to be no good for me, i listen to music via bluetooth headphones for more or less 8 hours a day at work, then a bit of web browsing plus loads of texting, the n86 used to last about 2 days with heavy use like that, basically i want a smartphone with good battery consumption and good music/net capability.

edit:after a bit of googling it seems even an hour or two of using the music player will more or less kill the battery, im tempted to call virgin and ask for my buggered n86 back
Old 06-06-2010, 18:00   #4
greyfox1974
Inactive

yes even if you use the gps on it good luck with them muppets i didnt get any joy from them when my veiwty smart started to mess up they wanted to give me a other handset refurb veiwty smart of cos only into the contact 3 months so i had to call it a day
Old 06-06-2010, 18:59   #5
gary36arms
Inactive

you managed to get out of your contract after 3 months? how you manage that? i was with '3' before this and never had no problems in 5 years, 5 months of virgin and im wishing i'd never signed up with them. I just called virgin after fully charging the phone again and trying the web (was having lots of trouble connecting strangely), it lasted 45 mins from a full charge to empty, it was an overseas call center (sounded dutch), the best they could do was offer me a second backup battery but thats not really a solution, i told them i wanted my n86 back, so they did what they ususally do and said we'll get the sales team to call you back within 48 hours, so looks like another n86, if i get the earpiece problem again i shall just keep it, as soon a contract is up, cancel it, i;ll definitely never be reccomending anyone to use them.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:30   #6
greyfox1974
Inactive

i had to pay for the other 15 months of it any 1 can do it i did want a new handset but they wouldnt have it they just wanted to give me a refurb 1 which i wasnt willing to take so in my eyes they just dont care u can use top up's with virgin mob to pay of ur contact i had to pay like £288 and the muppets wouldnt give me a new handset they said they would give like for like well my fone was new n not a refurb and i will never take a other virgin contact