Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Arsenal's Eduardo sick injury

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Arsenal's Eduardo sick injury

Old 23-02-2008, 21:16   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arsenal's Eduardo sick injury

My heart was stunned, when l saw the nasty and sick injury that Arsenal's Eduardo suffered today, against Birmingham City of which Taylor was sent off, the saddest thing about this incident, is that it was an accident waiting to happen.

We have seen over recent seasons in the Premier League, which fouls like this have gone unoticed by match officials, l firmly believe that an offical should be in the stands watching on a tv, so that if he see's a tackle, unoticed by the referee, he should have the right, to advise the ref, and immediate action taking, we have seen fouls of the worst nature, and nothing has happened, so now maybe they might take notice of this problem, Eduardo, is now out for the rest of the season, wether there are any legal implications over this, is something between the clubs, being a Spurs fan, l feel sorry for the lad, so get well soon.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2008, 21:18   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Arsenal's Eduardo sick injury

Moved to sports.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 22:02   #3
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Sickening.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHufZEaFe0
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 22:10   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Even as a Spurs fan thats awefull
Old 23-02-2008, 22:18   #5
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have just seen the tackle, on You Tube, and that was sick.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 22:56   #6
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
My heart was stunned, when l saw the nasty and sick injury that Arsenal's Eduardo suffered today, against Birmingham City of which Taylor was sent off, the saddest thing about this incident, is that it was an accident waiting to happen.

We have seen over recent seasons in the Premier League, which fouls like this have gone unoticed by match officials, l firmly believe that an offical should be in the stands watching on a tv, so that if he see's a tackle, unoticed by the referee, he should have the right, to advise the ref, and immediate action taking, we have seen fouls of the worst nature, and nothing has happened, so now maybe they might take notice of this problem, Eduardo, is now out for the rest of the season, wether there are any legal implications over this, is something between the clubs, being a Spurs fan, l feel sorry for the lad, so get well soon.
The ref saw the foul, and sent the player off. What more can he do? What difference would it make having another referee in the stands watching a video of it?

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

On another note, Taylor should not be lynched over this, despite the frothy-mouthed ravings of Wenger. The tackle was clumsy, and a bit late, but no malicious. It was an accident. Virtually all players will do the same hundreds of times throughout their career but never have the same result.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 23:30   #7
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

My heart goes out to that guy..............................

I'm glad the tackle wasn't replayed.

The only time I was ever able to get a ticket to see my Sky Blues at Old Trafford was the game that wrecked Dave Busst's leg and career and it wasn't an accident............ in '96 I think.

Busst now coaches youngsters in local schools and is a really nice guy.

Edit - there's a utube??? I ain't going to watch.
For anyone interested here's a bit of info - just don't look at the pic:
http://www.360soccer.com/resource/bussted.html
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:53   #8
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
On another note, Taylor should not be lynched over this, despite the frothy-mouthed ravings of Wenger. The tackle was clumsy, and a bit late, but no malicious. It was an accident. Virtually all players will do the same hundreds of times throughout their career but never have the same result.
I agree, it was just a mistimed clumsy tackle and wasn't intentional in my opinion. Wenger has retracted what he said about Taylor which was a bit heat of the moment.

Here's the pictures of the tackle if anyone wants to see it - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34494277-post893.html
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 09:16   #9
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
While his manager Arsene Wenger was quick to blame Taylor - comments which he later retracted - Eduardo admits it was just 'one of those things'.

"It was an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football," he said - but then insisted he was already looking to making his comeback.
Don't often say this about Gooners, but good on him
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 10:39   #10
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

i wouldn't even say it was clumsy to be honest. Eduardo was just too quick no moving away, but not quick enough to get all-the-way out the way!!! in a way, a case of both players being too quick for each other...

As we all know, football is a passionately followed sport, but regardless of who you follow, I'd hope everyone would want to wish him a full and speedy recovery.
Old 29-03-2008, 21:39   #11
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I wonder what Wenger will have to say about the tackle by Diaby this afternoon, thats assuming he saw it of course.

I was watching a video of United's humilation of Arsenal in the recent FA Cup match at a mates last night. There was a late, nasty tackle on Nani that was possibly worse than the one by Martin Taylor, more so because it was clearly intentional, the guilty Arsenal player........Eduardo.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote