Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Smart TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung Smart TV

Old 04-04-2013, 18:24   #1
charleyboy
Inactive

charleyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Samsung Smart TV

Hoping someone can help with a weird networking problem. I had a Samsung Smart TV networking fine via my setup. I'm using a virgin superhub in modem mode with a tplink router. All wireless devices work perfectly, and so did the TV until the last few days. Now, every time I switch the TV off it loses the wifi. If I search for the signal it finds the router and tries to log on, but can't. If I reboot the modem and router then the TV connects, but the whole process must be repeated every time I switch the TV off and back on again. As I say, up until a few days ago the TV connected automatically every time without any hassle.

I've spoken to Samsung tech support but to be honest I would have even better asking my six year old son who would have had a better idea on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.
charleyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2013, 19:24   #2
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
Re: Samsung Smart TV

Won't be much help, as I have my Sammy connected by a network cable, but could the TV be expecting a specific IP address and the router allocating something different?
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 19:49   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The TVs wifi built in or dongle?

I have a Samsung smart TV and haven't encountered this issue.

You could try and set the TVs IP as a static, making sure its nit being used by another system.
Old 04-04-2013, 20:42   #4
charleyboy
Inactive

charleyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just updated the tplink router firmware at it seems to have solved the issue. Got a feeling it was too many wireless devices connected.
charleyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 20:57   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have currently have 7 wireless devices talking to my router, 2 are streaming HD TV

There is a good app called Fing (Android) that tells you what devices are connected to your router.