Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Breaking your contract with VM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Breaking your contract with VM.

Old 13-09-2016, 18:38   #31
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Breaking your contract with VM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The office of the CEO have now acknowledged that there is a "widespread problem" with the TiVo.

It is felt likely that the new TiVo will come out after the window to cancel has expired.

This can only strengthen any case that customers bring regarding the product not being fit for purpose.

I may ask Trading Standards for their view upon a product that broadly works, but not as well as reasonably expected.
no they haven't.

TiVo works, slow it may seem, but it still works and is perfectly fine for use.

That is not a major issue.
Old 14-09-2016, 14:56   #32
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Good grief if you are unhappy with the service VM is providing you can always leave and use another provider using the price rise as your reason instead or pointlessly banging on about bailiffs and not fit for purpose tivos ,get over yourself and ditch them or don't ditch them
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
In the words of the former PM "for heavens sake just go"

Use the contract to get out, don't look back if you want to stay then accept it for what it is, you don't "have to have it" but same time the contract break is not an excuse to hold on to see if new one comes out these are two separate situation price rise and TiVo performance
No, the price rise is the straw that broke the camel's back so they are related.

This post is very muddled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Where did you get the information that the CEO had acknowledged that there is a major problem with the TV service?
From my own communications with them; also someone else posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgem22 View Post
My boxes are very slow samsung 1 tb and samsung 500 gig maybe as has been suggested it is down to over utilisation and not the boxes themselves I dont know. However before the update they were no where near as slow as they are now.

My shows hangs for about 20 seconds when loading and unloading. I do not bother with the apps as my tv is much much faster at loading them but the tv is quad core.

I have spoken in depth to the Ceo office who have said it is a wide spread problem that they are aware off and are working on a fix with the Tivo software people.

Sky is not an option for me and I dont think I am brave enough to ever return to B.T.

The cynic in me says Virgin said lets brick our current boxes so people upgrade (at cost) to our new faster v6 turbo charged box v6 in tuners and v6 in power ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
no they haven't.

TiVo works, slow it may seem, but it still works and is perfectly fine for use.

That is not a major issue.
And how would you know one way or the other?

TiVo was so perfect that you went to Sky
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 15:15   #33
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I would know as I worked for VM for 10 years and was a TiVo alpha/ beta tester for over a year before the public release and for many of the updates and changes after that. Also I still speak to a few people within the company.

That's how I know.

It was mostly the price changes that prompted me to leave
Old 14-09-2016, 18:56   #34
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I would know as I worked for VM for 10 years and was a TiVo alpha/ beta tester for over a year before the public release and for many of the updates and changes after that. Also I still speak to a few people within the company.

That's how I know.

The 3 tivo's i have all work fine, and like you i am thinking of using the price rise as a way to move out of my contract.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 21:57   #35
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

That's how I know.

Clearly, things have changed since you worked there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
The 3 tivo's i have all work fine, and like you i am thinking of using the price rise as a way to move out of my contract.
If yours works ok, why would you need to use the price rise as a way to get out of your contract?
Old 14-09-2016, 22:07   #36
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Quote:
Clearly, things have changed since you worked there.

If yours works ok, why would you need to use the price rise as a way to get out of your contract?
Because, in his opinion, the price is too much maybe?
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 23:05   #37
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Sheesh, just do it.

Does it really need a three page public discussion.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 03:57   #38
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
Maybe, but I assumed he'd get the VM staff discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Sheesh, just do it.

Does it really need a three page public discussion.
Many are finding it difficult to know what to do with the various factors at play.
Old 15-09-2016, 06:20   #39
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:

You answered your own question "price rise". I have had enough of them

---------- Post added at 06:18 ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
You got it

---------- Post added at 06:20 ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 ----------

Quote:

Many are finding it difficult to know what to do with the various factors at play.
I know i am not one of them, if i leave i know exactly why "Price rise"

Old 15-09-2016, 13:42   #40
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Who are these "many"

I've not seen anyone on this forum finding it difficult yet (well, except you ).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 13:59   #41
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Who are these "many"

I've not seen anyone on this forum finding it difficult yet (well, except you ).
Maybe we need a poll to see how many people are finding it hard to work out if they cancel via the price rise or not

Old 15-09-2016, 14:31   #42
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Perhaps many of us have more important life decisions to consider than whether or not to leave VM and pondering over whether the new box will be any good. It's only TV!
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 15:10   #43
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
Perhaps many of us have more important life decisions to consider than whether or not to leave VM and pondering over whether the new box will be any good. It's only TV!
But this is Richard we are talking about. A whole different world.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 15:11   #44
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
I am not interested in the new box, i am interested in if i am getting value for money so i will make my decision at the weekend.

Old 15-09-2016, 16:59   #45
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Who are these "many"

There is life outside this forum you know...

Basically, the problem that people have (who are in contract) is that there is only a limited time window in which to cancel without penalty.

If they don't cancel and then find that the new TiVo is poorly performing too or is too expensive, they remain locked in a contract with a slow TiVo.

An additional problem for me is that I am loathe to do business with Sky and my satellite wiring needs to be replaced.

I like and want to keep TiVo, but I want one that works properly!

The latest details that VM CS staff are giving out is that the new box will be out in November, which is after the window to cancel has expired. Very convenient for VM...

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I am not interested in the new box, i am interested in if i am getting value for money so i will make my decision at the weekend.
Well, if you're happy with the current box, you might as well stick with it.

It says something when even VM staff (if you still receive this) with the discounts that they receive are finding it too expensive!!!

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 15-09-2016 at 16:58.