Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brighton Slow Again

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brighton Slow Again

Old 22-03-2012, 11:46   #166
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Brighton Slow Again

Didn't work.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2012, 12:04   #167
db133
Inactive

db133 is an unknown quantity at this point

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Didn't work.
sorry that was me. I think its working now.

I'll leave it running and will be back later.
db133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 12:09   #168
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Leave it running as a live graph (and thus post it again) then we don't have to wait for you!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 13:20   #169
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

there should be a guide posted on this, every bloody post!

login to thinkbroadband then open this link > http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors.html

your monitor should be up, below the graph it'll have
Edit | Disable | Delete | Show Previous Days | Share Live Graph | Share Snapshot Graph

click on Share Live Graph

it will then say generate link, click on it

copy and paste everything in the Small Graph (500x219 px) - BBCode (for forums; not yet supported on thinkbroadband forums) box - the bottom text box above the pic of your monitor

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

edit your post above mate with the thinkbroadband image in, its got your IP in just remove it and follow the steps above to generate a live link. the generated live link wont show your IP.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 14:12   #170
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's there, it's working, and it's showing moderate to heavy congestion. No surprises there.

And yeah, what thenry said, use the damn share link on the monitor page, don't upload the private image to Photobucket, that's just ...
Old 22-03-2012, 15:28   #171
db133
Inactive

I have followed instructions given and posted below.

Ref : "there should be a guide posted on this," Yes I agree it must be a right pain.
(I fail to understand how some will know what to do without the instructions but never mind !)

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Thanks for your input it is appreciated.

Ref; Changed it to allow ICMP ping (it did not before).
Q; Is it ok to leve it on this setting ?
Q; Do I just leave it running now ?
Old 22-03-2012, 15:40   #172
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

crap but you should be able to max out. keep the monitor running and keep an eye on it during hours you experienced slow speeds.
Old 22-03-2012, 15:49   #173
db133
Inactive

Sorry can you explain 'crap but you should be able to max out' ?
Old 22-03-2012, 15:56   #174
thenry
Inactive

you should be able to use all 10meg

when do your free double upgrades kick in?
Old 22-03-2012, 16:09   #175
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by db133 View Post
I have followed instructions given and posted below.

Ref : "there should be a guide posted on this," Yes I agree it must be a right pain.
(I fail to understand how some will know what to do without the instructions but never mind !)
Seriously? There's a "Share" button right underneath your graph. How is that possibly harder to figure out than downloading the picture, opening a Photobucket account, uploading it to that, and then copy-pasting the link from there?!
Old 22-03-2012, 16:12   #176
db133
Inactive

Ref:when do your free double upgrades kick in?

I have not requested it as I have no use for it. I have not set up the S/Hub either as I understand there is to be an upgrade to the system in the next couple of months. I will wait for that to take place then change over. I do not want to have to do it twice. To be honest if its working as it is now I'm happy but when it drops right down real slow I'm not.

Ref: Seriously? There's a "Share" button right underneath your graph. How is that possibly harder to figure out

Its easy to press the share button I agree. its what to do after that is not explained for the lay person. I was looking for a post to forum or such like the speed test one. Its like a lot of things its easy when you know. Like driving a car thats easy when you can drive one but it has to be learnt and thats not easy is it ? with respect Being shirty or rude does not help the person trying to understand does it ? Why am I always tolerant of others and why are they so in-tolerant of me ? anyway lets not go there please.
Old 22-03-2012, 16:26   #177
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
I never saw this edit. it wasnt a dig at you. rather a dig at their being no guide even though theres a massive thread on pingmonitors and the fact they help solving many issues. again not a dig at you, there needs to be a guide i dont know may be in the first post of the thinkbroadband ping monitor thread!

Quote:
Ref; Changed it to allow ICMP ping (it did not before).
good

Quote:
Q; Is it ok to leve it on this setting ?
yes.

Quote:
Q; Do I just leave it running now ?
yes.

Quote:
I have not requested it as I have no use for it. I have not set up the S/Hub either as I understand there is to be an upgrade to the system in the next couple of months. I will wait for that to take place then change over. I do not want to have to do it twice. To be honest if its working as it is now I'm happy but when it drops right down real slow I'm not.
i didnt mean ask for it early i was asking when the upgrades kick in as its then when upgrades will be made to the network to handle all these speeds. your monitor/graph will indicate network upgrades have taken place. the yellow and blue wont be as high as they are now.
Old 22-03-2012, 17:27   #178
db133
Inactive

it wasnt a dig at you. nor did I take as one ....no probs..u tc.

I'm a bit slow some times (well rather a lot realy !) then i miss bits and forget this or that its old age and abuse.Off track here but it says it all ' Dont compare your life with others, You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Back on topic. monitor/graph. In lay person terms wots wot with it please ?
Old 22-03-2012, 18:36   #179
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Lots of blue means lots of congestion.
Old 22-03-2012, 19:54   #180
db133
Inactive