Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pay frozen for third year running

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pay frozen for third year running

Old 02-03-2012, 19:12   #121
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Pay frozen for third year running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
P.S. I do not want to abolish Capitalism and Democracy, but radically reform it!!!
I agree with that. It's just that the rest of what you have been talking is utter, utter, horsepoo.......but it's given me a great laugh
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2012, 19:24   #122
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
I agree with that. It's just that the rest of what you have been talking is utter, utter, horsepoo.......but it's given me a great laugh

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 22:13   #123
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Your record is stuck
No, the only records that are stuck are you and your friends

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
FOR GOD SAKE I am not talking rubbish, the only ones are talking rubbish are people who defend a failed system

Got any better ideas?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 22:45   #124
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:

Got any better ideas?
The same old record that is stuck.

Old 02-03-2012, 23:01   #125
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Got any better ideas?
Whatever they might be they don't involve a new world order and a single world government
Old 03-03-2012, 01:24   #126
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
FOR GOD SAKE I am not talking rubbish, the only ones are talking rubbish are people who defend a failed system
You are talking complete and utter drivel, and while I have almost split my sides laughing at you and your nonsense, its time to wrap it up and at least try and get this back on topic and sensible.

Time to stop with the rubbish now. If you dont have anything sensible to say, move on to another topic.

(and yes, I/we will decide if what you say is sensible)

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:37   #127
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
You are talking complete and utter drivel, and while I have almost split my sides laughing at you and your nonsense, its time to wrap it up and at least try and get this back on topic and sensible.

Time to stop with the rubbish now. If you dont have anything sensible to say, move on to another topic.

(and yes, I/we will decide if what you say is sensible)
For Goodness sake I am not talking drivel!!!

I can see that you don't agree that we need radical reforms to democracy and Capitalism, but just because I am not agreeing with the "staus quo" does not mean I talk rubbish!!!

I do not think that other CF users the defend a failed system have a right to deiside if what I say is sensible!!!

The only people that are saying rubbish and utter drivel are CR userswho defend a failed economic, social and poltical system
Old 03-03-2012, 18:38   #128
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:

I do not think that other CF users the defend a failed system have a right to deiside if what I say is sensible!!!

They do when they are admin.

By the way you do realise you ARE one of the '%1' don't you?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:41   #129
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
They do when they are admin.

By the way you do realise you ARE one of the '%1' don't you?
Not the 1%!
Old 03-03-2012, 18:43   #130
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Yes you clearly are.

But I digress - I was just pointing out that admin CAN tell you what to do and if you wish to continue posting it would be wise for you to listen.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 18:50   #131
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Yes you clearly are.

But I digress - I was just pointing out that admin CAN tell you what to do and if you wish to continue posting it would be wise for you to listen.
I am pretty well of, but I am not rich or a member of the 1%
Old 03-03-2012, 19:48   #132
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:

The only people that are saying rubbish and utter drivel are CR userswho defend a failed economic, social and poltical system
For goodness sake change the sodding record you have worn your last one out.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:
I am pretty well of, but I am not rich or a member of the 1%
So your a hypocrite as well. Hope you paid your tax

Old 03-03-2012, 20:02   #133
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
For goodness sake change the sodding record you have worn your last one out.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

So your a hypocrite as well. Hope you paid your tax
But I am NOT RICH and I have paid my tax

The only records that worn ours are ones the play a failed system!
Old 03-03-2012, 20:22   #134
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
www.skynews.com Just announced on Sky, that 1.6 million council workers have there pay frozen for third year in a row.

That will also effect myself, what the hell is going wrong with this government, l blaming them for this terrible clamp down on local authorities on the budgets they apply to paying staff.

In my job l have not had a pay rise in three years and been told that from 2013 l will get 1% rise.

We are now struggling to pay bills, which l am now finding financial problems, what is important to pay and what not to pay, you go to car parks, these have all increased, everything has gone up.

This government has no idea on what is happening to the voter, they are forcing to work FREE for there benefit, with some companies pulling out of this arrangement as it is causing tensions.

Electric, water, petrol, coal all important materials that we all use and have to pay for, but pay is frozen - how the hell does the voter survive.
Arthur, looking at the bright side, those 1.6 million council workers may have had a pay freeze, but they have jobs. A lot of people don't.

Not that I am saying everything is all right. It's not. You are right, a lot of big companies are increasing prices to customers, reducing staffing levels, offshoring what remaining staff they can, all while reporting record profit levels (Tescos for instance).

Someone (the Government, presumably) needs to bring these companies back into line. By making it harder to send jobs off shore, and taking action to bring pricing to reasonable levels.

In short, the Government needs to do a lot more to protect the voter. You know, the people who put them in power.. I do think our current Government is failing in that duty, but this isn't a party political thing. I think successive Governments since at least the 80s have failed to do this. I don't know about the 60s or before, but it seemed as though Governments in the 70s also failed to protect the voter in this way, but they favoured the Unions rather than business.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 20:25   #135
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote