Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | STRANGE V+ problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virginmedia TV Listings page down?

Old 13-02-2011, 13:16   #1
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough
Virginmedia TV Listings page down?

Has anyone else tried this today? From the homepage I go through to:
http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/
Then the link at the top for TV Listings:
http://tv.virginmedia.com/vtvapp/epg.do
Then get the following:
HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report
description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.31

Hoping there might be some VM people on here today that might be able to check if it hasn't already been noticed...
tvout is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-02-2011, 13:18   #2
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virginmedia TV Listings page down?

Not working for me either.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:21   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

It is down for me as well.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:27   #4
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

1st link works
2nd link donst work
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 13:28   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
1st link works
2nd link donst work
That is one that we are talking about.
Old 13-02-2011, 13:29   #6
tvout
Inactive

Services: VM L Broadband (10MB) XL TV V+ HD Box Off peak caller phone HTC Wildfire on T-Mobile UK Freeview
tvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enoughtvout will become famous soon enough

Cheers all, as far as I knew that was the best listing to match the VM TV line up, can anyone recommend any alternative listing sites that would cover the XL line up? Most seem to be more optimized for Sky or don't use the VM channel order...
Old 13-02-2011, 13:33   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

I can only find this one http://www.tvguide.co.uk/
Old 13-02-2011, 13:37   #8
tvout
Inactive

Thanks Masque, it'll take a few minutes to select all the VM channels on that one but I could save the details for future. Shame we seem to be losing channels now after they were sold off to Sky (Bravo, Channel One/Virgin One). I guess after the 'trade' we'd never end up with Sky Atlantic (unsure how good that is), was it for football coverage or something?
Old 13-02-2011, 13:39   #9
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvout View Post
Cheers all, as far as I knew that was the best listing to match the VM TV line up, can anyone recommend any alternative listing sites that would cover the XL line up? Most seem to be more optimized for Sky or don't use the VM channel order...
Somebody on another site sugested this. It's meant for mobile though and is probably too basic but you can sign in and it knew I was xl. Radio times lets you select what channels you want to show.
Old 13-02-2011, 14:40   #10
leejordan
Inactive

leejordan is an unknown quantity at this point

This http://www.zingzing.co.uk/tvlistings/ has a great interface, although one or two channels might be missing
leejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 14:48   #11
tvout
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
Somebody on another site sugested this. It's meant for mobile though and is probably too basic but you can sign in and it knew I was xl. Radio times lets you select what channels you want to show.
Cool, cheers. That'll be useful for my mobile too. I got excited when it said 'sign in to record' thinking I could use it to record programmes but then it said it requires the Tivo box not V+

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leejordan View Post
This http://www.zingzing.co.uk/tvlistings/ has a great interface, although one or two channels might be missing
Cool, I'll make a note of that one too, I do like the interface and it does allow you to select the VM package as well. Just need to add one or two channels to the listing.
Old 13-02-2011, 15:36   #12
squirrel1970
Inactive

squirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of light

neither of the two links in the OP work for me and haven't for a couple of days. So I just play it by guesswork or tvcatchup.com.
Glad it's just not me that's affected
squirrel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 15:47   #13
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

I use this - http://uk-tv-guide.com/listings-grid...ry+2011/19:00/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:29   #14
big_dirk
Inactive

big_dirk will become famous soon enoughbig_dirk will become famous soon enoughbig_dirk will become famous soon enough

I was going to post this, glad I'm not the only one. I want to set things to record on my TiVo from it too!
big_dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 16:37   #15
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

I'll get this looked at now, cheers

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Now raised with our IT Team. Thanks
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote