Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 20:11   #2911
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Unless you follow Trump blindly, it makes him more crooked given the fact that they've been charged and not just referred.
If you read the article properly, I know you have issues reading, given you repeat things that people have already posted. It says Senators cannot prosecute, they can only refer Criminal matters to the U.S Department of Justice.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Right. So two actual criminal charges of people on Trump's payroll is not as a bad as two senators requesting that the head of a firm the DNC paid for is charged?

And Flynn was charged for lying. Just as Steele has been accused of lying. Why is that different?

I am all for this guy being charged and prosecuted if he lied under oath or committed some other crime. But the double standard where there is always some excuse or fake news if it's Trump but it's a open and shut case for the democrats is increasingly absurd.

Since the other two have been charged for 'petty' crimes then what has Steel been charged with?
He has not been charged with anything yet, the referral has only just been made.

What part of 'They were fired' did you not understand ? So they were NO longer on his pay roll ?

Are you telling me people who hire people with criminal liabilities are tainted ?

There is no double standards because there is no evidence of Trump paying anybody to get dirt on Hillary, unless you know something the rest of us and Congress and Robert Mueller himself doesn't ?

However, there is documented evidence the Democratic National Committee party did, along with Crooked Hillary, pay in to the coffers of Fusion GPS, for the Russian Dossier on Trump during the 2016 Election.

This is crucial because there is the collusion right there, god help Hillary if she was president, thankfully she isn't but she would be facing certain impeachment proceedings, if she had and this is just the start, the Clinton Foundation is being re-investigated and together with Classified emails of hers being found on Huma Abedin's perverted husband laptop, the FBI investigation of her emails being certainly re-opened, yet again, she would be facing a lot of legal ramifications right now, as president.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2018, 20:23   #2912
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
If you read the article properly, I know you have issues reading, given you repeat things that people have already posted.
I'm in fine company though.
3/1/18 11:24pm I posted Blair's denial
4/1/18 02:01am You too posted Blair's denial
Old 05-01-2018, 20:48   #2913
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You're not though because you didn't understand that GOP Senators can't prosecute, given you were comparing why one vs another had not been charged.
Old 05-01-2018, 20:51   #2914
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Nice hat you're wearing tonight Mick
Old 05-01-2018, 20:53   #2915
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Nice hat you're wearing tonight Mick
No hats. Just facts. Next... ?
Old 05-01-2018, 20:55   #2916
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
What part of 'They were fired' did you not understand ? So they were NO longer on his pay roll ?

Are you telling me people who hire people with criminal liabilities are tainted ?
And nor was Steele employed by the Democrats today. If the Democrats are tainted because somebody they had paid has been charged for lying why isn't Trump tainted because somebody he had paid has been 'referred' for lying?

Quote:
There is no double standards because there is no evidence of Trump paying anybody to get dirt on Hillary, unless you know something the rest of us and Congress and Robert Mueller himself doesn't ?

However, there is documented evidence the Democratic National Committee party did, along with Crooked Hillary, pay in to the coffers of Fusion GPS, for the Russian Dossier on Trump during the 2016 Election.
This alleged crime, we know little about so far, isn't to do with the fact he made the dossier but that is accused of lying to someone somewhere (presumably under oath or to the FBI).

I think if he has committed a crime then he should be invested/charged. If that implicates Clinton or someone else at the DNC they should be charged too. It's little to do with me.

But if you think the Democrats are tainted by this because they had employed him then I can't see why Trump isn't tainted because he had employed Flynn. You believe every accusation levelled against Clinton and none of them against Trump., even when those accusations are very similar.
Old 05-01-2018, 21:27   #2917
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/u...committee.html

I think this sums up the reasons for this.
Quote:
“Publicizing a criminal referral based on classified information raises serious questions about whether this letter is nothing more than another attempt to discredit government sources, in the midst of an ongoing criminal investigation,” said Joshua A. Levy, the lawyer for Fusion. “We should all be skeptical in the extreme.”
It’s a win-win for Grassley and the Republicans - if anything does come out of it, they win; if nothing comes out of it, it’s a ‘cover up’ by the ‘deep state’ and the ‘corrupt FBI’, and they win.

And in the meantime, less focus on what the Committee are supposed to be looking at (congressional investigations into Russian election meddling), and more distraction.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-01-2018, 21:35   #2918
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
And nor was Steele employed by the Democrats today. If the Democrats are tainted because somebody they had paid has been charged for lying why isn't Trump tainted because somebody he had paid has been 'referred' for lying?
Again, they were fired, I don't get why you don't get this, they did something wrong, Trump fired them for doing so. You cannot have a go at someone who took the correct course of action that was only available to him at the time. They lied, he fired them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
I think if he has committed a crime then he should be invested/charged. If that implicates Clinton or someone else at the DNC they should be charged too. It's little to do with me.
When there is documentation that says DNC and Hillary paid or contributed to Fusion GPS, then I would say there is criminal intent. The issue here is is that it is unclear if elements within the FBI also paid Steele for the information, when Deputy AG, Rod Rosenstein was asked who paid for it, he said he knew the answer but wasn't prepared to say either way in a open setting. That to me suggests they did, because someone who is essentially in charge of the FBI, would want to vindicate a department they have dealings in and say no.

Quote:
But if you think the Democrats are tainted by this because they had employed him then I can't see why Trump isn't tainted because he had employed Flynn. You believe every accusation levelled against Clinton and none of them against Trump., even when those accusations are very similar.
The distinction is because the actions Trump took when he learned of their failings. Manafort was fired, as was Flynn because they had lied.

The only accusation so far is Russian collusion and no I don't believe it because there has been no evidence to suggest it happened, only hearsay.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/u...committee.html

I think this sums up the reasons for this.

It’s a win-win for Grassley and the Republicans - if anything does come out of it, they win; if nothing comes out of it, it’s a ‘cover up’ by the ‘deep state’ and the ‘corrupt FBI’, and they win.

And in the meantime, less focus on what the Committee are supposed to be looking at, and more distraction.
LMAO.

Why am I not surprised New York times, would align itself with Fusion GPS and come out with trash like that, NYT is very upset that the party it's aligned with has been caught with it's trousers down. I totally don't feel sorry for those crooks, who were only too happy to leak photos from an active crime scene investigation from my home city days after a Terrorist Attack not that long ago.
Old 05-01-2018, 21:45   #2919
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Again, they were fired, I don't get why you don't get this, they did something wrong, Trump fired them for doing so. You cannot have a go at someone who took the correct course of action that was only available to him at the time. They lied, he fired them.
I do get it. Since the DNC no longer employ Steele then this allegation doesn't require them being fired.

Quote:
When there is documentation that says DNC and Hillary paid or contributed to Fusion GPS, then I would say there is criminal intent.
For what crime? It doesn't appear this 'referral' has anything to do with the creation of the Dossier. They're saying he lied to someone in authority. It's the same as the charge against Flynn not being to do with Russia itself by lying about that to the FBI.

The distinction is because the actions Trump took when he learned of their failings. Manafort was fired, as was Flynn because they had lied.

Quote:
The only accusation so far is Russian collusion and no I don't believe it because there has been no evidence to suggest it happened, only hearsay.
There are plenty of accusations against Trump. From women who allege sexual assault to the collusion. Only one on-going investigation though. Clinton too has plenty of accusations but only one (reopened) investigation too.

I think we should await to see if anyone is actually convicted of anything before calling them crooked or criminals.

Quote:
Why am I not surprised New York times, would align itself with Fusion GPS and come out with trash like that, NYT is very upset that the party it's aligned with has been caught with it's trousers down. I totally don't feel sorry for those crooks, who were only too happy to leak photos from an active crime scene investigation from my home city days after a Terrorist Attack not that long ago.
The New York Times is just reporting on it. The quote comes from a lawyer for Fusion GPS. They're reporting the action from the senators and the reaction from those involved.
Old 05-01-2018, 22:11   #2920
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I do get it. Since the DNC no longer employ Steele then this allegation doesn't require them being fired.
DNC never employed Steele as far as I am aware but they paid for the fake research and I say fake because nothing in the dossier is substantiated or verified.

Quote:
For what crime? It doesn't appear this 'referral' has anything to do with the creation of the Dossier. They're saying he lied to someone in authority. It's the same as the charge against Flynn not being to do with Russia itself by lying about that to the FBI.
It's unclear because parts of the referral have been deemed classified, so there may be more to this referral than is known, other than lying to Federal Agents.

Quote:
There are plenty of accusations against Trump. From women who allege sexual assault to the collusion. Only one on-going investigation though. Clinton too has plenty of accusations but only one (reopened) investigation too.
I guess you missed the story on Gloria Alfred's daughter willing to pay big bucks for women to come forward and accuse Trump of sexual stuff during the election ?

Funny how they all vanished in to oblivion once the election was over and only reared their heads again during the Roy Moore Senate race in Alabama, where he too, was also conveniently facing sexual allegations and yet again, election is over, where are these women who came out in droves accusing Moore ?

Quote:
I think we should await to see if anyone is actually convicted of anything before calling them crooked or criminals.
Well, normally I would agree, but not when the evidence is right there, that was so evidently missed, I mean, look during the Clinton email investigation, people taking the 5th, Clinton's server tech guy using Bleachbit to remove 33,000 emails, Bill Clinton talking with then AG, Lynch on back of a plane for 45 minutes days before Comey cleared the path for Hillary.

However, now we know why she was really cleared, because we had high level folk in the FBI totally biased in her favor, and totally against Trump winning, via that Text message from Peter Strzok to his mistress, discussing an 'Insurance Policy' they spoke of in Deputy Director for the FBI Andrew McCabe's office, did Hillary pay these off too, like she did with the Russian Dossier and Fusion GPS ?

I mean I am no expert investigator but it's not hard to join the dots.

Quote:
The New York Times is just reporting on it. The quote comes from a lawyer for Fusion GPS. They're reporting the action from the senators and the reaction from those involved.
I find it just a tad funny how Fusion GPS go running to NYT, why not AP or any other news outlet, that isn't biased against the Trump Administration?
Old 05-01-2018, 22:12   #2921
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
You're not though because you didn't understand that GOP Senators can't prosecute, given you were comparing why one vs another had not been charged.
Um, you criticised me for posting something that someone had previously posted and I pointed out that you had done exactly the same thing yesterday. I'm not perfect and that makes two of us.
Old 05-01-2018, 22:14   #2922
Mr Banana

Quote:
Um, you criticised me for posting something that someone had previously posted and I pointed out that you had done exactly the same thing yesterday. I'm not perfect and that makes two of us.
No ones perfect Andrew, well apart from Mick and Trump, they are always right.

Old 05-01-2018, 22:14   #2923
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

'Favour' not 'favor' Mick. We're not another state of the US yet...
Old 05-01-2018, 22:23   #2924
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
As I said, no it doesn't because you went off on a tangent about why they had not been prosecuted, I am pointing out to you, Senators don't prosecute, they're law makers, not law enforcers.

BREAKING: GOP aka Republican Party rally around their President tonight... The Reviews of the book are in...

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/949395088735723520

Old 05-01-2018, 22:27   #2925
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
As I said, no it doesn't because you went off on a tangent about why they had not been prosecuted, I am pointing out to you, Senators don't prosecute, they're law makers, not law enforcers.

BREAKING: GOP aka Republican Party rally around their President tonight... The Reviews of the book are in...

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/949395088735723520

Hardly breaking news a GOP tweet.... Desperate times indeed for Trump Inc...
Closed Thread