Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 13:00   #241
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It would have to be if it was to be Sky's new unique selling point!
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2013, 13:04   #242
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I posted on the 1st July 2013:

"I think SKY will make SKY Atlantic available to Virgin in the very near future. However I believe there will be a sting in the tail. I can't confirm how I know but there is a very good chance that prior to the end of 2013 SKY will be launching a brand new entertainment channel exclusive to the SKY platform.

I know that without a source this just looks like me, as a SKY customer trying, to wind people up. If people don't believe me that's understandable."

SKY Bravo is the channel I was talking about! At the time however the name had not been decided but SKY Bravo was the front runner. I would however suggest that, to the best of my knowledge, it's not going to simply be the rebirth of Bravo. The programming will be of a better quality than the original Bravo.
Come on Chad making prediction's and speculating is half the fun and if SA arrives in due course then l will certainly be a happy chappy and more then that my partner will be a happy lady and keep her quieter in the process.
Old 08-08-2013, 13:09   #243
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I posted on the 1st July 2013:

"I think SKY will make SKY Atlantic available to Virgin in the very near future. However I believe there will be a sting in the tail. I can't confirm how I know but there is a very good chance that prior to the end of 2013 SKY will be launching a brand new entertainment channel exclusive to the SKY platform.

I know that without a source this just looks like me, as a SKY customer trying, to wind people up. If people don't believe me that's understandable."

SKY Bravo is the channel I was talking about! At the time however the name had not been decided but SKY Bravo was the front runner. I would however suggest that, to the best of my knowledge, it's not going to simply be the rebirth of Bravo. The programming will be of a better quality than the original Bravo.
come on chad do you really think sky will lower cost of SA to VM no chance they have never ever lowered cost of a channel to another platform SA aint coming anytime soon as I said before only thing SA will go on is now tv not VM
Old 08-08-2013, 13:12   #244
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
come on chad do you really think sky will lower cost of SA to VM no chance they have never ever lowered cost of a channel to another platform SA aint coming anytime soon as I said before only thing SA will go on is nopw tv not VM
The chances are though if sky launch Sky Bravo they will want it to be "exclusive" on Sky, which means it won't be on Now TV, which in turn would make no sense for Sky to launch Now TV entertainment without having the full channel set.

Also I believe Now TV Entertainment would require a TV License as the channels are not premium services.
Old 08-08-2013, 13:19   #245
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
The chances are though if sky launch Sky Bravo they will want it to be "exclusive" on Sky, which means it won't be on Now TV, which in turn would make no sense for Sky to launch Now TV entertainment without having the full channel set.

Also I believe Now TV Entertainment would require a TV License as the channels are not premium services.
you mean like sky sports yes at a rip off price of £9.99 a day
Old 08-08-2013, 13:39   #246
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
you mean like sky sports yes at a rip off price of £9.99 a day
No that is a premium service, if you read the sentence I say "Now TV ENTERTAINMENT would require a TV License"
Old 08-08-2013, 13:49   #247
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Anyone else got one of those stupid books from Virgin in the post? The book of oooh! it is called. Totally glosses over Atlantic and loss of ESPN/signing of BT Sports.
Old 08-08-2013, 13:50   #248
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Anyone else got one of those stupid books from Virgin in the post? The book of oooh! it is called. Totally glosses over Atlantic and loss of ESPN/signing of BT Sports.
Yes l got it last week Mark.
Old 08-08-2013, 13:53   #249
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
why would they mention channels they not got that would make no sense would it
Old 08-08-2013, 14:02   #250
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

What I meant was they totally gloss over the negatives that customers have and put their own positive spin on things. I wonder if Alistair Campbell helped to write the book?
Old 08-08-2013, 14:04   #251
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What I meant was they totally gloss over the negatives that customers have and put their own positive spin on things. I wonder if Alistair Campbell helped to write the book?
all companies do that not just VM to be fair
Old 08-08-2013, 14:10   #252
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
all companies do that not just VM to be fair
But you can only gloss over the negatives to a certain point as customers are not stupid nowadays.
Old 08-08-2013, 14:12   #253
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I think a PR company that put in there "OOOH, Your losing some channels!" wouldn't be in business for very long.
Old 08-08-2013, 14:37   #254
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
One major bonus of joining SKY is there is little to no messing about when it comes to new channels. If a new channel is launching 99% of the time it's available on SKY straight away. Often it's on the EPG weeks in advance of going live so you know that you are getting it prior to any official confirmation.
As far as I'm aware, Sky do not allow channels onto the EPG during their testing period. Only once the channel is ready is it allowed onto the EPG so as to maintain it's integrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
As much as I would like to see Radio Caroline join VM, I can't see an organisation funded by voluntary donations from its listeners and support group having the financial stability to make this happen.
I can't see Radio Caroline being able to afford the fees to go onto cable in Ireland, so I'm wondering if they have been given a reduction or had the fees waived altogether.

If so, we may well find Radio Caroline on VM now Liberty Global are in charge.

Unlike Sky, there is no requirement for VM EPG charges to be fair, reasonable and non discriminatory.
Old 08-08-2013, 15:00   #255
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
As far as I'm aware, Sky do not allow channels onto the EPG during their testing period. Only once the channel is ready is it allowed onto the EPG so as to maintain it's integrity.
BT Sports was on the EPG for around 2 months before it launched.
Closed Thread