Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Game of Thrones : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Game of Thrones : Season 1

Old 19-04-2011, 19:32   #16
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Game of Thrones : Season 1

I really liked the first episode. Definitely going to keep watching.

If there's anyone else like me who felt they could do with more info on the characters & the backstory, but don't want to risk Wikipedia etc. due to spoilers, then have a read of the official Viewer's Guide on the HBO website...Loads of info, without (presumably) giving too much away.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of.../guide/houses/
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2011, 21:27   #17
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I have just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it especially as it was without a single ad break.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 21:29   #18
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I have just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it especially as it was without a single ad break.
Ditto ,shows a lot of promise

and yes much better without the adds
Old 19-04-2011, 22:39   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Looks like something I need to take a peek at.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 22:41   #20
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Looks like something I need to take a peek at.
make sure the kids don't watch it
Old 21-04-2011, 17:40   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

LOL. My kids are all old enough.

Its certainly .... um ... full on.

Interesting first ep, naughty brother eh.

I'll be keeping with it for now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 13:50   #22
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Reminder:

Episode 2 is now available, for those watching in pace with the US.

For those at CF who have Sky Atlantic, episode 2 will be shown tonight.
Old 25-04-2011, 15:58   #23
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Watched about 25 minutes of the first ep so far.

Looks good. Seems like a more adult version of Merlin in some ways, but enjoyable none the less.

Good to see a largely British cast.

Also, the sets are amazing. The music lends it a nicely "Epic film" type feel, and the acting is good.

Nice to see Lena Headey acting as well..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 15:59   #24
Zing

Second episode very good indeed. There really are some nasty slimely charectors.

Difficult to choose a side so far
Old 25-04-2011, 15:59   #25
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Reminder:

Episode 2 is now available, for those watching in pace with the US.

For those at CF who have Sky Atlantic, episode 2 will be shown tonight.
Waiting to acquire my episode without intervals later on.
Old 26-04-2011, 20:28   #26
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Very good second episode. My only issue with the series so far is that it isn't always very clear how much time has progressed. Great cast & sets, though, and an extremely interesting story.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Oh, & the opening titles are brilliant. Really well done.
Old 26-04-2011, 21:29   #27
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Very good second episode. My only issue with the series so far is that it isn't always very clear how much time has progressed. Great cast & sets, though, and an extremely interesting story.

I have my copy ready to watch on my memory stick tomorrow.
Old 26-04-2011, 21:31   #28
Zing

Quote:

Agreed
Old 26-04-2011, 22:56   #29
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

I'm really enjoying this so far. As much as i enjoy high fantasy games, books etc, few TV shows have done anything for me but this has outdone my expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Watched about 25 minutes of the first ep so far.

Looks good. Seems like a more adult version of Merlin in some ways, but enjoyable none the less.

Good to see a largely British cast.

Also, the sets are amazing. The music lends it a nicely "Epic film" type feel, and the acting is good.

Nice to see Lena Headey acting as well..
I found it a little amusing to see a former Hollyoaks actor suddenly pop up as a Dothraki slave.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 21:31   #30
Zing

Really enjoying this now. Last nights/this night episode very good