Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V - 2009 : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V - 2009 : Season 1

Old 10-03-2009, 21:03   #16
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: V (reboot) thread

I just hope she doesn't have short hair in it like in that photo.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2009, 20:40   #17
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Official synopsis, plus some clips & promo images:

http://www.scificool.com/preview-new...ges-and-clips/
Old 19-05-2009, 21:06   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

A few people I know in it ;

Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet in Lost)
Alan Tudyk (Alpha in Dollhouse)
Morena Baccarin (Adria in Stargate)
Laura Vandervoort (Kara in Smallville)
Joel Gretsch (Tom in The 4400)

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 21:08   #19
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

I've been ignoring this thread as I thought it was about the V+ box.

But ooooooh it's about V the tv programme, loved this first time around and will watch a reboot of it.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 21:11   #20
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
A few people I know in it ;

Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet in Lost)
Alan Tudyk (Alpha in Dollhouse)
Morena Baccarin (Adria in Stargate)
Laura Vandervoort (Kara in Smallville)
Joel Gretsch (Tom in The 4400)
Morena Baccarin & Alan Tudyk were also in Firefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningmags View Post
I've been ignoring this thread as I thought it was about the V+ box.
LOL
Old 19-05-2009, 22:28   #21
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Official synopsis, plus some clips & promo images:

http://www.scificool.com/preview-new...ges-and-clips/
Right ok mmmm that was interesting to say the least not a bit
Like the show i watch on dvd but i guess that's the point. from
The 2 clips thay showed on that site it has much going for it with
A good style and solid story. just hope it's given a chance to
Develope in to a good show.

*heads off to watch classic v dvd's *
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 12:44   #22
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Looks good,

But what they need to do is give it a finite life.

Many series that start out open ended lose their way and subsequently their audience Lost, Prison Break, BSG all examples to that. Only when Lost and BSG were given an end date did they again gather momentum.

If , for example, you know that this series is only going to be 20 epeisodes long then you know you're heading to a conclusion.

Open ended series finales are proven not to be satisfactory.

I also think that when a series is cancelled the studio should always try and tie it up with mini-season.

Jericho was a good example of that.
Old 20-05-2009, 13:48   #23
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

I caught it first time round and remember it fondly...mainly for Jane Badler. Rowf!

Mind you, Faye Grant was simultaneously strong and cute, very appealing. The characters were so well-written, especially Julie - I loved the way everyone just assumed she was going to take charge of the Resistance when she in fact had no intention whatsoever of doing so, and looked utterly nonplussed (and more than a bit scared) when she realised it. Elizabeth was a bit of a deus ex machina, but all the same it was a good series.

Some of the lines were classics - remember the exchanges between Diana and Pamela (Sarah Douglas, looking awful with curls)? Utter bitchiness to equal anything out of Dallas or Dynasty (and no, I did not watch either of those - it would be more accurate to say the rest of the family inflicted them on me while I prayed for sweet, sweet death):

"You might take a moment to consider, my dear, that your...lover...sent you fifty trillion kilometres away. Hardly an indication he can't bear not to see you."

On the impromptu skydive:

Donovan: Cadets really do this?
Martin: No - (boots Donovan over the edge) - sounded good, though, didn't it?

Martin and Willie on receiving the vaccine:

Martin: I've tasted worse.
Willie: When?

Elias and his father Caleb finally finding common ground:

"Look, Pop, I was just jokin' with the guys, I didn't mean nothin' by it."
"Right away you assume I'm gonna come down on you -"
"Ain't that the way it's always been, huh?"
"Perhaps so. I disagreed with what you said at the meeting..."
"So what's new?"
"...but you said it well. I was damn proud of you, son."

Abraham's speech to his son Daniel moved me to tears, and still does:

"Don't you see, they have to stay...or else we haven't learned a thing!"

Any reboot will be hard-pressed to rival such quality. I wish 'em luck.

Old 20-05-2009, 14:03   #24
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The re-boot looks promising, if the clips are anything to go by. There was something genuinely chilling about the sequence with the journalist. Now I want to know whether he's going to sell out or not!

Good scifi can be a great vehicle for exploring difficult human issues by taking them out of their familiar settings. The original V worked well like that, as an examination firstly of the Holocaust and later of the nature of armed (but hopelessly outgunned) guerilla resistance. But that's not to say the re-make needs to do the same thing. Just as the re-booted BSG used the same basic storyline to examine a completely different range of issues, the re-booted V can happily do likewise. Actually I hope it does - there are some obvious targets out there (raping of Earth's resources would be a natural fit).

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Incidentally, did anyone else have trouble making that link work in Firefox? I got the homepage OK but I couldn't make the V page open. Had to go to Safari eventually.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 15:20   #25
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

just seen the trailer anyone eles spot the nod to original v
Old 21-05-2009, 15:58   #26
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The re-boot looks promising, if the clips are anything to go by. There was something genuinely chilling about the sequence with the journalist. Now I want to know whether he's going to sell out or not!

Good scifi can be a great vehicle for exploring difficult human issues by taking them out of their familiar settings. The original V worked well like that, as an examination firstly of the Holocaust and later of the nature of armed (but hopelessly outgunned) guerilla resistance. But that's not to say the re-make needs to do the same thing. Just as the re-booted BSG used the same basic storyline to examine a completely different range of issues, the re-booted V can happily do likewise. Actually I hope it does - there are some obvious targets out there (raping of Earth's resources would be a natural fit).

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Incidentally, did anyone else have trouble making that link work in Firefox? I got the homepage OK but I couldn't make the V page open. Had to go to Safari eventually.
If you have no script running in FF, just right click on the empty box and click on allow or temp allow, it works then.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 18:41   #27
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Looks good,

But what they need to do is give it a finite life.

Many series that start out open ended lose their way and subsequently their audience Lost, Prison Break, BSG all examples to that. Only when Lost and BSG were given an end date did they again gather momentum.

If , for example, you know that this series is only going to be 20 epeisodes long then you know you're heading to a conclusion.

Open ended series finales are proven not to be satisfactory.

I also think that when a series is cancelled the studio should always try and tie it up with mini-season.

Jericho was a good example of that.

That's what Steve McPherson, head of ABC Entertainment said

Quote:
Steve McPherson, head of ABC Entertainment had the following to say:
“At this point, we believe the show will be four parts, with each consisting of anywhere from 13 to 22 episodes. We want to craft a whole series. It will have a beginning, middle and end.”
He further explained he considered V to be an event drama at midseason and says the plan is to have it run for four seasons

picked up some promo pics today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v.jpg (255.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ship.jpg (104.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 28-05-2009, 09:31   #28
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

one thing that i do like about this reboot is the Style of the show did worry that thay'd go for the over the top look of the first v but hats of to tham thay have not

suited and booted

the look is very light and modern visitor uniforms stand out importantly tho not like a sore thumb just enough to make you think there not from around here but at the same time sends out a feeling of trust to anyone thay come across

it's in the sky

again as with the suites the ship both motherships and landing shuttles are done in away that makes tham stand out but not to much just enough to give you a feeling of awe as for the inside that's more the sort of thing i'd say that the inside of a alien ship would look like more than in the classic
or even some other shows we get now adays.

thay are the same but different

the visitor themselves come in 2 groups the first are the command group
that seem to have been given a cold menacing look sort of like you know
thay are hideing something but your not sure what at the same time with a
simple look thay can put you at ease and bring you over to there side

the second are the youth movement the young visitor thay seem to have been given a much more friendly look this is so that can slowly bring in
the young people of earth and get Control of tham while their minds are still in development.

end of part 1 will post more ones i have had a think
Old 28-05-2009, 09:52   #29
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Anyone know when this is going to air?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:43   #30
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Cool Re: V (reboot) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
just seen the trailer anyone eles spot the nod to original v
Marc Singer aka Mike Donovan from the original series?
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote