Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 14-12-2011, 17:16   #211
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road
Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrosc View Post
I know why i wasn't sent this tickle, 100MB isn't even available in my area yet
Agreed, I think VM are only sending out speed doubling tickles out to areas which have 100mb available.
Old 14-12-2011, 17:28   #212
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
Agreed, I think VM are only sending out speed doubling tickles out to areas which have 100mb available.
Well 100MB has been available in my area for 6 months and i have not had a email or letter yet.
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 18:58   #213
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

I dont think just because your in an area with 100mb means your definitely gonna get a double speed tickle. But those who have got the tickle are likely to be the ones who are in a 100mb area.
Old 14-12-2011, 19:43   #214
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
my headend is uddingston well castlecary but iddingston is the main headend it links to
You go through Castlecary hubsite?

Class. They haven't even got the 10:1 upstream ratio and the 1Mb, 2Mb, 5Mb upstreams available in your area and aren't scheduled to do so until February 2012 let alone 100Mb and send you something offering you 100Mb for free.

Morons.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 20:43   #215
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

Class. They haven't even got the 10:1 upstream ratio and the 1Mb, 2Mb, 5Mb upstreams available in your area and aren't scheduled to do so until February 2012 let alone 100Mb and send you something offering you 100Mb for free.

Morons.
Who are you talking to ?

Old 14-12-2011, 20:52   #216
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Who are you talking to ?
Oddly enough the guy who I quoted.
Old 14-12-2011, 21:41   #217
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Morons.
yeah i kinda thought that myself hence the post about the email because i thought surely they wouldnt send sometihng as a offer when i cant get it oddly the site for checking postcode says it will be available by june
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 23:23   #218
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
yeah i kinda thought that myself hence the post about the email because i thought surely they wouldnt send sometihng as a offer when i cant get it oddly the site for checking postcode says it will be available by june
Yeah they reckon March for me and haven't done the upstream upgrades, due August, then October, then November, then on the official PDF December, yet.
Old 14-12-2011, 23:46   #219
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yeah they reckon March for me
So you got the email/letter or is that without email/letter ?
Old 14-12-2011, 23:47   #220
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
So you got the email/letter or is that without email/letter ?
I've not had any letter.
Old 14-12-2011, 23:49   #221
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I've not had any letter.
So you are saying people without the email/letter will still get the upgrade ?
Old 14-12-2011, 23:51   #222
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
So you are saying people without the email/letter will still get the upgrade ?
Eventually.

Quote:
Yay it's official.

Yep all 50Mb customers are being upgraded to 100Mb progressively.

Sorry to disappoint but 100Mb customers are not being upgraded to 200Mb, they're having their price dropped to the 50Mb price of £25/month if taken with a phone line.

100Mb will probably be subject to STM with this upgrade / price reduction, details to be confirmed.

I'm being upgraded in March 2012 if they ever get around to doing the ****ing upstream upgrades here.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

If you've a Superhub or VMNG 300 you'll be upgraded to 30Mb else if you're a 10Mb customer you'll go to 20Mb, if you're a 20Mb customer you'll go to 30Mb.

For the bored the 30Mb upgrade is to 60Mb.
Old 14-12-2011, 23:57   #223
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Eventually.
So it will take a while. Could some people still be waiting into 2013 ?
Old 15-12-2011, 01:00   #224
Jameseh

Quote:
So it will take a while. Could some people still be waiting into 2013 ?
He's not a psychic. Too many variables HD Boy, its coming in the future, that is all there is to it.
Old 16-12-2011, 13:21   #225
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Eventually.
Sorry have not looked through the entire thread yet but am i missing something?
It's official says one post? Is there a link to an official Virgin Media press release stating that all customer currently on 50mb will be upgraded to 100mb.
I'm currently on 50mb and my area has been upgraded to 100mb but i have not heard anything about an upgrade.
If someone can point my in the direction of this press release then great, if not then it's not really official.
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote