Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 13-12-2011, 13:45   #181
nefu
cf.member

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V+, XXL phone, several mobiles!
nefu is on a distinguished roadnefu is on a distinguished road
Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
yeah not sure why people wouldnt share the link, the page wont let non picked people upgrade.

my postcode simply refreshes the page so hasnt even been programmed to give a result for it.
Chrysalis - seems to be a problem with IE on the page, I tried another brower and got a small message below the postcode box saying that it is only available to those who have had the email or letter.
nefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2011, 14:02   #182
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Yup, me too (on Safari)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 14:05   #183
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Doesnt work for me on Firefox
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 14:48   #184
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefu View Post
Chrysalis - seems to be a problem with IE on the page, I tried another brower and got a small message below the postcode box saying that it is only available to those who have had the email or letter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Yup, me too (on Safari)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjones View Post
Doesnt work for me on Firefox
Surely that is the point. It won't work anywhere unless you had the fastickle email. Did you?
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 14:51   #185
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Well it says this in my area.
Quote:
Good news. We'll be coming to your area between Jul - Dec 2012. You don't need to do anything right now and there's no need to contact usWe'll be in touch closer to the time to let you know exactly when your speed will be doubled.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 15:21   #186
chrisjones
Inactive

chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Surely that is the point. It won't work anywhere unless you had the fastickle email. Did you?
Exactly what we were putting to the test......

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Well it says this in my area.
lol your gonna get RSI from 6 months worth of modem reboots..
Old 13-12-2011, 17:38   #187
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

lol your gonna get RSI from 6 months worth of modem reboots..
I expect it will be notified ahead of time but until such time I do not really care as 30Mb does it for me at present.
Old 13-12-2011, 18:09   #188
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

I'm not sure why it isn't working at all for you guys other than the VM website can be very temperamental.

My (unblest) postcode produces a page showing this using Firefox 8.0 on Win 7 64bit

http://www.kwikbreaks.webspace.virgi...com/tickle.jpg

I see the same using a 32bit XP machine with Firefox 8.0.1

It won't work for me with IE9 - it just refreshes and doesn't show the box about needing a tickle.

Whatever the reason unless you - or presumably somebody on the same postcode - had the tickle it will just give you the bum's rush anyway.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 18:20   #189
chrisjones
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I expect it will be notified ahead of time but until such time I do not really care as 30Mb does it for me at present.
J-O-K-E...
Old 13-12-2011, 19:50   #190
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

They'll probably feature another schedule which they'll fail to stick to and change dates as and when they need to or use the infamous 'Being Planned' for some areas for several months, then provide a date which they'll fail to stick to.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 20:15   #191
chrisjones
Inactive

Can see this sparking a rush of calls "Why should I pay more for half the speed your giving others others".

If it were a free update for everyone over, I dunno, lets say three months - fair do's. Looking at the way its being rolled out, its looking more like years, not months.
Old 13-12-2011, 20:17   #192
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
J-O-K-E...
I can tell that hence I said not bothered, I have read your posts before.
Old 13-12-2011, 22:18   #193
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Can see this sparking a rush of calls "Why should I pay more for half the speed your giving others others".

If it were a free update for everyone over, I dunno, lets say three months - fair do's. Looking at the way its being rolled out, its looking more like years, not months.
I can see it being great fodder for use in the annual retentions phonecall!
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 23:25   #194
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

So everyone everyone on 10MB, 20MB, 30MB & 50MB will get the speed upgrade ?

So i will go from 30MB to 60MB without the tickle ?
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 00:42   #195
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

i have been with them since 1997 so i better get it!
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote