Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

Old 20-03-2012, 16:17   #271
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
You only have to look at local councils where many cheif executives are enjoying inflation busting rises whilst the workers below them enjoy a pay freeze.
Warrington BC have paid for those with inflation busting parking fines, More speed cameras and they have bought a couple of those little smart cars with a camera and gps on the roof to drive around catching people parking in the wrong spot. Mean while you have 3 traffic wardens in one car park alone in Warrington the other day ticking people

So yes the local councilors and the top brass will still get there raise and we are paying for it.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2012, 06:29   #272
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16191487

surprise ,surprise didn't see that one comming did we
If you look at it this way, since they have to be avalible more offen, they should get a bit more, Even non-RMT members are demanding more

---------- Post added at 06:22 ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Why should we elect a leader who had failed as a Mayor to do anything that he thought of that would help Londoners, the most he has done is have a go a unions, while he has done a lot of bad thnigs

Sure Ken is friends with Islamists, but he had achived a lot for London

As for driverless trains, you need someone on them and if they are a members of unions (even the RMT), then they can still strike and the same problems will be there

---------- Post added at 06:26 ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Given Ken seems hell bent on sabotaging his own campaign he doesn't have to try that hard.

Anyway surely this is the final straw. They have shown any form of national pride or decency is gone, they are total money grabbers quite happy to hold the country to ransom and I won't shed any tears if the tube gets automated and the unemployment figures take a small hit.
Sadly, what the defenders of a failed system do not relise is that they have strong unions and they are getting the decent wages and conditions that are not given to most workers

Rather than complaining, do what the RMT does

---------- Post added at 06:29 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Not at the moment, but they could, and probably will over the next few years.

Why should a tube driver get paid more than 50% more than someone who risks their life to save others, and have to deal with the carnage if there is a derailment?

There are many people who work in the public sector will have to do far more work during the olympics, but will get no more money, have had a pay freeze for three years, and are due a pay cut due to extra pensions contributions.
If those public sector workers had unions like the RMT, then that would not be the case
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 10:28   #273
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Why should we elect a leader who had failed as a Mayor to do anything that he thought of that would help Londoners, the most he has done is have a go a unions, while he has done a lot of bad thnigs

Sure Ken is friends with Islamists, but he had achived a lot for London

As for driverless trains, you need someone on them and if they are a members of unions (even the RMT), then they can still strike and the same problems will be there
Achieved what, in comparison to Boris? Here's a piece to start you off; it's highly partisan but that's ok, you can balance it by linking to a partisan source of your own.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/an...y-truth-audit/

Driverless trains, by the way, need safety attendants, not standby drivers. They are easier to train and easier to replace in the event of strike action.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 11:44   #274
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
If you look at it this way, since they have to be avalible more offen, they should get a bit more, Even non-RMT members are demanding more
If they have to work more hours, then they should get overtime....end of story.

Quote:
As a higher management Londoner, I would have thought that you would have been on the DLR Alan. Go and have a ride on one and you will see that there are no staff at all. After all you are a train enthusiast, as you were a member of a train forum until you got banned recently.

Quote:
Sadly, what the defenders of a failed system do not relise is that they have strong unions and they are getting the decent wages and conditions that are not given to most workers

Rather than complaining, do what the RMT does
Alan it is you who defends the communist system, that has failed in most countries worldwide.

Quote:
If those public sector workers had unions like the RMT, then that would not be the case
Now you are talking complete rubbish yet again. The tube drivers can hold their employers to ransom for the olympics. But how many of them will love their union so much when they lose their jobs due to automated trains??
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 12:11   #275
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
As a higher management Londoner, I would have thought that you would have been on the DLR Alan. Go and have a ride on one and you will see that there are no staff at all. After all you are a train enthusiast, as you were a member of a train forum until you got banned recently.
Actually, the DLR trains are staffed. The have an operator who usually just starts the train and checks tickets, but they have the option of driving if something goes wrong. He or she also has to evacuate the train in the event of an emergency. I believe this is a requirement because if they do have to evacuate, the passengers may be walking along electrified tracks.

It's likely that if the tube goes driverless, they'll still have an operator for exactly this reason.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Quote:
Achieved what, in comparison to Boris? Here's a piece to start you off; it's highly partisan but that's ok, you can balance it by linking to a partisan source of your own.
I did realise one thing Ken achieved.

I can, in theory, get the bus to work. I don't, generally, because one road in Lewisham is a massive traffic black spot (unfortunately, I have to go up this road). Ken came in, saw the problem and diverted cars up another road, changing part of the original road to pedestrians and buses only.

Good idea in theory. However, TFL then directed so many bus routes (most of which originally went up the road Ken diverted the cars to) up that road that all Ken implementing this actually achieved was to ensure that the regular traffic jams were composed entirely of buses.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 12:13   #276
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

It's likely that if the tube goes driverless, they'll still have an operator for exactly this reason.
True but the big difference is that operator won't be on extortionate wages and is much easier to replace quickly should the threat of strikes loom
Old 21-03-2012, 12:17   #277
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Actually, the DLR trains are staffed. The have an operator who usually just starts the train and checks tickets, but they have the option of driving if something goes wrong. He or she also has to evacuate the train in the event of an emergency. I believe this is a requirement because if they do have to evacuate, the passengers may be walking along electrified tracks.

I've only used them twice, and both times in the evening. There was no member of staff that I could see either time.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Quote:
True but the big difference is that operator won't be on extortionate wages and is much easier to replace quickly should the threat of strikes loom
That's a very good point.
Old 21-03-2012, 21:41   #278
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I've only used them twice, and both times in the evening. There was no member of staff that I could see either time.
They are staffed. I use the DLR everyday.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 06:54   #279
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/an...y-truth-audit/

Driverless trains, by the way, need safety attendants, not standby drivers. They are easier to train and easier to replace in the event of strike action.
Since that link is from a patisan newspaper, It does not count

Yes Ken Livingstone is friends with communists and islamists, yes he is rather flawed, but if you look at 2000-2008 he had done a lot like:

Invest into Tube and buses, which in turn have lead to more people use it

He helped bring the Olympics to East London

He has been defending London for a long time

He has helped cut crime and increase the number of police officers

Boris on the other hand has achived this:

A messed up transport and crime policy

More questions on the people that work for him

Doing poor sponsership deals

etc...

Neather Boris or Ken are perfect, but the idiot that is Boris is worse then Ken

If the Safety attendants go on stike it is not easy to replace them, they would need training to deal; with the job and nothing will train, only that the staff will be on another part of the train

Remember, some like have ATC, no diffrence when a Strike happened, it is much better to co-operate (which Ken largely did) than have a fight with the unions (which Boris had done)

Rathet than compplain about tube drivers, do what they do

---------- Post added at 06:51 ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 ----------

Quote:
If they have to work more hours, then they should get overtime....end of story.

Alan it is you who defends the communist system, that has failed in most countries worldwide.

Now you are talking complete rubbish yet again. The tube drivers can hold their employers to ransom for the olympics. But how many of them will love their union so much when they lose their jobs due to automated trains??
If they work overtime, then they should be paid a decent rate

Also now that you have told about the fact about the DLR, crimminals all over London will be on the DLR doing what they do best

Also if TFL desides to sake all their drivers, then there will be the mother ofall strikes, because now their jobs are under threat

Also Rail UK Forums kicked me out on the basis on slurs and lies and my attemps to deal with that, also they violated freedom of seech as well

Speaking of lies, you now accuse me of being a communist, I have never stated that I liked communism and I am not keen on at

What I am is a radical reformer who wants a better form a capitalism and democracy

Lastly does you know this guy, you remind me of him

---------- Post added at 06:54 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

Quote:
They might be if they are a member of RMT/ASLEF and you cannot operate the trains without them, if they did sack anyone over a stike/union related issue, TFL will have a big legal challage on their hands, otherwise the LU drive would have been saked a long time ago
Old 22-03-2012, 08:04   #280
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Since that link is from a patisan newspaper, It does not count.
That's pathetic. Why don't you just stick your fingers in your ears and go la la la while you're at it.

Quote:
What I am is a radical reformer who wants a better form a capitalism and democracy.
What you are is an armchair-dwelling waffle-pot with no coherent idea about how business or politics works in the UK.

As for 'radical reformer' .... ROFL. All you do is yell about how we need radical reform. Well, where's your manifesto?
Old 22-03-2012, 08:07   #281
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
That's pathetic. Why don't you just stick your fingers in your ears and go la la la while you're at it.

What you are is an armchair-dwelling waffle-pot with no coherent idea about how business or politics works in the UK.

As for 'radical reformer' .... ROFL. All you do is yell about how we need radical reform. Well, where's your manifesto?
I accept you points, but I do not agree with them

I have made some points about what I think should be done
Old 22-03-2012, 11:12   #282
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Since that link is from a patisan newspaper, It does not count

Yes Ken Livingstone is friends with communists and islamists, yes he is rather flawed, but if you look at 2000-2008 he had done a lot like:

Invest into Tube and buses, which in turn have lead to more people use it

He helped bring the Olympics to East London

He has been defending London for a long time

He has helped cut crime and increase the number of police officers

Boris on the other hand has achived this:

A messed up transport and crime policy

More questions on the people that work for him

Doing poor sponsership deals

etc...

Neather Boris or Ken are perfect, but the idiot that is Boris is worse then Ken

If the Safety attendants go on stike it is not easy to replace them, they would need training to deal; with the job and nothing will train, only that the staff will be on another part of the train

Remember, some like have ATC, no diffrence when a Strike happened, it is much better to co-operate (which Ken largely did) than have a fight with the unions (which Boris had done)

Rathet than compplain about tube drivers, do what they do

---------- Post added at 06:51 ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 ----------

If they work overtime, then they should be paid a decent rate

Also now that you have told about the fact about the DLR, crimminals all over London will be on the DLR doing what they do best

Also if TFL desides to sake all their drivers, then there will be the mother ofall strikes, because now their jobs are under threat

Also Rail UK Forums kicked me out on the basis on slurs and lies and my attemps to deal with that, also they violated freedom of seech as well

Speaking of lies, you now accuse me of being a communist, I have never stated that I liked communism and I am not keen on at

What I am is a radical reformer who wants a better form a capitalism and democracy

Lastly does you know this guy, you remind me of him

---------- Post added at 06:54 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

They might be if they are a member of RMT/ASLEF and you cannot operate the trains without them, if they did sack anyone over a stike/union related issue, TFL will have a big legal challage on their hands, otherwise the LU drive would have been saked a long time ago
Have you been drinking Alan???

Most of your post makes no sense at all. And the little bit that you can understand is complete waffle!!

The Rail forum kicked you out because you did exactly what you do here. And I should think that they also found out about your Twitter and Facebook sites.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:23   #283
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:

I know what he is but i would be banned if i posted what i want to post

Old 22-03-2012, 14:08   #284
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I accept you points, but I do not agree with them

I have made some points about what I think should be done
What, you mean like

Quote:
Originally Posted by @AlanFry1 on Twitter
We nned to raise money to get real weapons to turn the occupy movement into anti-1% terrorist movement!
or

Quote:
Fight austerity by any means, even violence
or

Quote:
The Occupy movement must turn to Violence and rioting
You're either a deeply unpleasant (but harmless) fantasist, or an idiot with his very own file at Thames House. I expect it's the former but I hope it's the latter. The thought of Harry Pearce sending someone round to have a chat with you is quite amusing.
Old 22-03-2012, 15:09   #285
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
What, you mean like

or

or

You're either a deeply unpleasant (but harmless) fantasist, or an idiot with his very own file at Thames House. I expect it's the former but I hope it's the latter. The thought of Harry Pearce sending someone round to have a chat with you is quite amusing.
There is also

Quote:
Originally Posted by @AlanFry1 on Twitter For **** sake can someone ****ing murder the Phelps family and other WBC Members
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by @AlanFry1 on Twitter Can you hack this website http://www.railforums.co.uk/, they are making faluse claims about me tring to stop me

I hope he has not asked for you site to be included. My feelings are you have a time bomb on this forum who could bite you well and truly on the bottom