Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problems with channels in Nottingham

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tvdrive Information Needed Please

Old 11-04-2006, 12:04   #1
tallica
Inactive

tallica is an unknown quantity at this point
Tvdrive Information Needed Please

can someone please tell me what the ethernet port and the usb port on the tvdrive is for?
can i connect these to my netgear router or my computer. or for whatever purpose they are for
hope someone can help me
thanks
simon
tallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2006, 13:04   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Tvdrive Information Needed Please

Those ports have no current use on the Telewest services.

They may be used by engineers for setup of the box.

Above post edited to remove the bold font face which is usually reserved for moderator comment
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 19:28   #3
BBG
Inactive

BBG is an unknown quantity at this point

I was advised yesterday that the TVDRIVE has a bilt in modem, so new customers can use the ethernet port together with wireless kit as a modem.

Unsure the full details or how correct it is, but that's what I heard
BBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2006, 20:56   #4
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG
I was advised yesterday that the TVDRIVE has a bilt in modem, so new customers can use the ethernet port together with wireless kit as a modem.

Unsure the full details or how correct it is, but that's what I heard
There is an ethernet port I belive, but there's been no word from TW on what this will be used for (if at all)

Sky HD is exactly the same, there's an ethernet port and a SATA port, but not word on if they will be used.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 23:06   #5
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
There is an ethernet port I belive, but there's been no word from TW on what this will be used for (if at all)

Sky HD is exactly the same, there's an ethernet port and a SATA port, but not word on if they will be used.
Do you think that the Ethernet on the Sky box will be used for VOD? I heard they bought Easynet so they could offer media services (Tripple-play, VOD etc.) such as connecting a modem to ethernet?

Just a thought of what it could be, Just wondering about bandwidth issues, speed problems etc.
Old 25-04-2006, 17:42   #6
Blue
Inactive

Blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure but could the USB port be for the optional keyboard they supply,?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 14:12   #7
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

They keyboards are Infra-red I would of thought.
Old 26-04-2006, 15:35   #8
Blue
Inactive

Hi bluecandylover.
If the keyboards are in-fared would they still need a receiver pugged into the USB port like a PC. just a thought.
Old 26-04-2006, 17:04   #9
helpme_115
Inactive

helpme_115 is an unknown quantity at this point

no because how do you think your remote works!?
helpme_115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 08:17   #10
Blue
Inactive

From TW

In response to your enquiry regarding what the usb port is for on the back of
the TVDRIVE system.

Currently their is no specific use for this port but this has been added
for future use as we believe technology is constantly advancing and we
wish to be ready for new technology development so any transaction is
made easier for our customer and also save customers the inconvenience
of having to change their equipment on a regular basis.
Old 28-04-2006, 10:57   #11
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
From TW In response to your enquiry regarding what the usb port is for on the back of the TVDRIVE system. Currently their is no specific use for this port but this has been added for future use as we believe technology is constantly advancing and we wish to be ready for new technology development so any transaction is made easier for our customer and also save customers the inconvenience of having to change their equipment on a regular basis.
Cool, just expandability and futureproofing really.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote