Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V - 2009 : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V - 2009 : Season 1

Old 25-10-2009, 09:59   #46
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
re: V - 2009 : Season 1

from what I've read, it wont show here till 2010, but as they're showing the first 4 episodes in the states then leaving it until next year, I suppose it's the better option, as we don't like to split shows in the same way.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2009, 10:50   #47
zing_deleted

well there is less than 10 weeks of the year left

Bones and Fringe is on one of its breaks in the US too I do hate that myself

The only good thing is we will catch up here and I can watch it in HD without having to download it lol
Old 04-11-2009, 14:11   #48
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

The showrunner has stepped down, he'll be replaced by Scott Rosenbaum who is an exec producer for Chuck.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s82...teps-down.html

This show is forever being hit with problems.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 14:31   #49
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Word is that part 1 is a bit ropey, especially with substandard editing. Has anyone here seen it?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 14:39   #50
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Word is that part 1 is a bit ropey, especially with substandard editing. Has anyone here seen it?
I'd completely forgot about it - but it looks like I will be watching it tonight, I'll report back tomorrow and say what I think.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 17:07   #51
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Just finished watching it and it was ok. Will wait for the next ep before passing judgement though.
Old 04-11-2009, 17:27   #52
cimt

"Is there such thing as an ugly Visitor?"

I don't think there is... Wow. I can see some of the bad editing. It also looks really cheap in places.
Old 04-11-2009, 17:32   #53
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

What a pity. When the original is a classic you have a responsibility to work pretty darned hard if you presume to re-make it. If what you produce is anything less than superb you're always going to compare unfavourably.

BSG pulled it off magnificently IMO. I hope the people that have re-made V didn't assume the success of BSG meant they could simply re-hash an original idea and have an instant success on their hands.
Old 04-11-2009, 20:19   #54
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I quite liked the pilot. I also liked some of the changes to the original premise, such as

Spoiler: 
In this version, the Lizards have been on Earth for years, secretly preparing the way for the arrival of the Fleet

As for quality of the pilot (not meaning actual plot, production, etc.)...

Although obviously I myself have just got back from watching it in the US , I have heard that there are two different "scene releases" available on the "internet". One is a very bad "rip" which is "not linear with the broadcast", while the other is a much better quality version labelled as "proper".
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 22:30   #55
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've just bought the "Complete Collection" of the original "V" from Amazon for £17.98

Original Mini-series + The Final Battle mini-series + the TV series
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 22:47   #56
zing_deleted

They certainly did not take their time kicking it off with the V showing theor true colours to some . Thought it was very good

Anyone who knows the scene will read reports on indexing sites and look for propers if there is need I believe only the the xvid is bad the 720 is ok I think(apparently there are 3 little glitches but it is in sequence)
Old 04-11-2009, 22:52   #57
cimt

Wow, it premiered with 14m viewers. Not bad for a first episode in the US...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s82...n-viewers.html
Old 05-11-2009, 16:41   #58
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Just watched it and I really do like the way they've brought in changes from the original. Will definately be looking for this as it gets shown
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 18:03   #59
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I've just bought the "Complete Collection" of the original "V" from Amazon for £17.98

Wow great deal, duly purchased
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 18:20   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

What's the quality like? I watched repeats on Sci Fi a couple of years ago and the print they were working from was very, very ropey.