Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Landline dead in WN2 area

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Landline dead in WN2 area

Old 23-12-2010, 18:19   #16
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Re: Landline dead in WN2 area

Our daughter tells us it is an engaged sound when she calls from her landline and we get the three beeps associated with an incorrect number dialed when called from our mobile.
EDIT i checked 1 minute before the last message.
Old 23-12-2010, 18:24   #17
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwhite100 View Post
Our daughter tells us it is an engaged sound when she calls from her landline and we get the three beeps associated with an incorrect number dialed.

EDIT i checked 1 minute before the last message.
I'm wondering if yours is a seperate fault then? The outage should cause a caller to hear a dead tone (long contant tone)... I think a quick post on our Community Forum would be best.

We need to rule you out of this outage I think. I can't ask for any account information on this forum as it's against DPA.

Basically, what's happeded is, after the big outage at your cab, a load of LCN's (telco cards which carry up to 30 customer lines each) went out of service. we have been working on getting the up and running one by one.

Some other faults have been mixed in with these and it looks like your line is one of the mixed ones!
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 18:36   #18
philwhite100
This tastes nice

philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice

So what do i need to do next?? is there a free phone number i can call from a none Virgin mobile as calls are eating away at our credit.
Old 23-12-2010, 18:37   #19
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You will have to call 0845 454 1111 and advise the agent that you are on a mobile and they will ring you back.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 18:41   #20
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

or you could post on our Community Forum in "My Virgin Media"

http://community.virginmedia.com/

you don't need to advise on your 'phone number, they will get your account from your ip (if you post from your VM connection)
Old 23-12-2010, 18:47   #21
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
or you could post on our Community Forum in "My Virgin Media"

http://community.virginmedia.com/

you don't need to advise on your 'phone number, they will get your account from your ip (if you post from your VM connection)
Now that is the cheapest route by far and all you need to do is register.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 19:41   #22
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Have called CS and they are sending an engineer on Tuesday and giving a discount on the bill.
Old 24-12-2010, 12:50   #23
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Have called CS and they are sending an engineer on Tuesday and giving a discount on the bill.
Nice one Phil. Thanks for updating too
Old 27-12-2010, 09:01   #24
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Just to let you know that our landline is now working today so i have contacted CS and cancelled tomorrows engineer visit.
Old 27-12-2010, 21:05   #25
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Just to let you know that our landline is now working today so i have contacted CS and cancelled tomorrows engineer visit.
Brilliant.. glad it's back on for you