Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 05-11-2011, 23:48   #241
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

didnt it say if you registered interest on the boxnation site you got a free month anyway when it went ppv?
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2011, 00:17   #242
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
I miss late night boxing from the US, has SKY sports given up on championship boxing rights?
Technically not championship boxing but SKY are showing Alfredo Angulo v James Kirkland tomorrow morning on SKY Sports 4 at 10:00am. This should be explosive!

SKY also have the rights to Wladimir Klitschko v Jean-Marc Mormeck on the 10th December.

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Don't want to post spoilers but I really enjoyed tonight's action. 2 really enjoyable fights. I'm now watching the Bute Vs. Johnson card via the Boxnation website.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:56   #243
Wire Man
cf.member

Services: tvxl tivo/v+ bbl phonem
Wire Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Technically not championship boxing but SKY are showing Alfredo Angulo v James Kirkland tomorrow morning on SKY Sports 4 at 10:00am. This should be explosive!

SKY also have the rights to Wladimir Klitschko v Jean-Marc Mormeck on the 10th December.

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Don't want to post spoilers but I really enjoyed tonight's action. 2 really enjoyable fights. I'm now watching the Bute Vs. Johnson card via the Boxnation website.
I watched the UK fights last night and the Burns v Katsidis fight was a cracker! Sky also have the David Price v John Mcdermott fight this month. I think David Price could be the next big thing in british boxing!
Wire Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:14   #244
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
I watched the UK fights last night and the Burns v Katsidis fight was a cracker! Sky also have the David Price v John Mcdermott fight this month. I think David Price could be the next big thing in british boxing!
The winner of Price Vs. McDermott goes on to face Tyson Fury. The British heavyweight scene is fairly exciting at the moment.

I totally forgot that SKYU are also showing Carl Froch Vs. Andre Ward next month. Now that should be a classic.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:21   #245
Wire Man
cf.member

Quote:
The winner of Price Vs. McDermott goes on to face Tyson Fury. The British heavyweight scene is fairly exciting at the moment.

I totally forgot that SKYU are also showing Carl Froch Vs. Andre Ward next month. Now that should be a classic.
Quite a few good fights before the end of 2011.
No pay-per-view too, I hope BoxNation get a lot of the pay-per-view fights, £10 a month looks quite good then! It also puts a bit of pressure on sky to show fights for free.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:27   #246
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:

Hi Chad

The point I was trying to make was last nights uk card would have been on SKY Sports as standard. Is SKY playing a back seat in boxing, last night would have created a big hole in their Saturday night schedule!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:40   #247
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Quite a few good fights before the end of 2011.
No pay-per-view too, I hope BoxNation get a lot of the pay-per-view fights, £10 a month looks quite good then! It also puts a bit of pressure on sky to show fights for free.
SKY announced in the summer they were pulling out of PPV boxing. The last PPV show was Haye Vs. Klitschko. It's partly this decision by SKY that has led to Frank Warren getting involved with Boxnation. Warren has pulled his fighters off SKY, they are now all Boxnation exclusive fighters.

The decision from SKY not to do PPV also led to a bust up with Golden Boy promotions. Golden Boy are now "best buddies" with Primetime Live. I'm very disappointed that Pacman Vs. Marquez III is PPV next week for £15.00. The fight isn't due to start until 5:00am. How on earth can Primetime justify charging £15.00 for a show that starts at 2:00am and ends at about 6:30am?

As more and more people subscribe to Boxnation, they will be able to outbid Primetime and SKY for TV rights.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Hi Chad

The point I was trying to make was last nights uk card would have been on SKY Sports as standard. Is SKY playing a back seat in boxing, last night would have created a big hole in their Saturday night schedule!
Burns Vs. Katsidis was reportedly scheduled to be on SKY Sports originally. Frank Warren basically took the huff when SKY told him they were no longer doing PPV shows.

SKY must be worried. They remain committed but are basically picking up the scraps left behind by Boxnation and Primetime Live. Boxnation is showing the best domestic action, best European action and top American action.

A worrying sign for SKY is Boxnations ability to snatch British action from under their noses. Frank Warren recently won the pursue bids to promote Crolla Vs. Limond even though neither are his fighters. Warren outbid the other promoters allowing him to promote the show, and broadcast it on Boxnation. Ordinarily Crollas promoter Ricky Hatton would have won the pursue bids and the fight would have been shown on SKY.

Frank Warren / Boxnation could create a monopoly in British boxing!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:43   #248
Wire Man
cf.member

Quote:
SKY announced in the summer they were pulling out of PPV boxing. The last PPV show was Haye Vs. Klitschko. It's partly this decision by SKY that has led to Frank Warren getting involved with Boxnation. Warren has pulled his fighters off SKY, they are now all Boxnation exclusive fighters.

The decision from SKY not to do PPV also led to a bust up with Golden Boy promotions. Golden Boy are now "best buddies" with Primetime Live. I'm very disappointed that Pacman Vs. Marquez III is PPV next week for £15.00. The fight isn't due to start until 5:00am. How on earth can Primetime justify charging £15.00 for a show that starts at 2:00am and ends at about 6:30am?

As more and more people subscribe to Boxnation, they will be able to outbid Primetime and SKY for TV rights.
The less people who pay for the fight thre better too. Primetime can onle charge for fights if people are willing to pay for them! £15 for this fight is a rip-off to be honest, these two have had two good fights but this will be one fight to many for Marquez! Pay-per-view is one American import they can keep Its totally unfair to those of us that pay a monthly subscription for sports to then pay again if there is a big event.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:00   #249
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The less people who pay for the fight thre better too. Primetime can onle charge for fights if people are willing to pay for them! £15 for this fight is a rip-off to be honest, these two have had two good fights but this will be one fight to many for Marquez! Pay-per-view is one American import they can keep Its totally unfair to those of us that pay a monthly subscription for sports to then pay again if there is a big event.
I couldn't agree more. PPV boxing and PPV WWE are a total farce. At least PPV boxing is on a Saturday night / Sunday monrning. WWE fans pay £15.00 to watch Wrestlmania or Summer Slam on a Sunday night!

If people stop buying the PPV events it kills the demand and the market for it. As long as people buy the shows, they'll keep serving them up.

I pay my TV license, and a subscription to Virgin for TV XL and SKY Sports each month to watch premium TV and sports events. Being asked to pay £15.00 PPV for a 3 hour show in the early hours of the morning is a joke.

At least with Boxnation I will have access to 8 live broadcasts per month plus about 10 hours of action each day from the archives of Frank Warren, Sauerland Events and Golden Boy Promotions. I get the Steve Bunce Boxing Hour each week and shortly BoxNation will have a daily boxing news show.

Hopefully when the channel launches on Virgin an On Demand deal can be agreed too.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:28   #250
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

I love to watch manny fights but the only PPV I would pay for him would be with mayweather. I think boxing lives in there own little world at times, while the rest of us have to live with the prospects of a possible gloomy economic future!
Old 06-11-2011, 17:31   #251
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Yes some excellent fights to look forward to there.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:27   #252
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
@boxnationtv you are obviously about from the retweets so answer me this please, when will you be on virgin?
Quote:
@morgansorgan very soon, expect an announcement on this in the very near future!
http://twitter.com/#!/boxnationtv
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:42   #253
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

the rate is this going they will become the sky sports of boxing
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 19:12   #254
thatllbeme
Inactive

thatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enoughthatllbeme will become famous soon enough

amir kahn back on sky on a 3 fight deal from next month!
thatllbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 19:16   #255
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatllbeme View Post
amir kahn back on sky on a 3 fight deal from next month!
Yeah just watched a report about that on SKY Sports News. The fights will NOT be PPV. All 3 fights will be on SKY Sports 1 & 2. Great news for boxing fans who have BT Vision, Top up TV etc...