Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2012, 23:05   #1651
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Missing channels set launch in all areas of Virgin Media?

My Virgin Tester has tonight told me that they have just notice that RTE Radio and WRN Radio are both testing on their box (Ex NTL area).

If both RTE Radio is broadcasting on Virgin Channel 917 and WRN Radio is broadcasting on Virgin Channel 920 that mean you are in an Ex-Telewest area.

Q: WHY AM I NOT GETTING ''RTE RADIO'' OR ''WRN RADIO'' FOR?
A: RTE Radio and WRN Radio do not broadcast in Ex-ntl and Ex-Cable & Wireless areas - yet.

More info if I can get it...
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2012, 23:54   #1652
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSPWS View Post
Another thing that really makes you think it's time to force a split up of Sky's distribution & channels - how many brands would be happy with only an inferior offering of their product being made available? Can you imagine Coke or Pepsi saying we don't want it in the chiller, but luke warm off the shelf'll be fine for our consumers Perfectly fine for a third of your audience to watch SD instead of HD though like any decent brand-owing business would strive for
As long as Virgin customers pay their subscription, and watch the channels, SKY won't change a thing. Maybe Virgin customers should boycott watching SKY SD channels. If Virgin customers make it clear they don't want to watch SKY channels in SD, the drop in viewing figures, advertising revenue and negative publicity might help change SKY's mind about channels such as SKY News HD and SKY F1HD being exclusive to SKY. It's a bit of a dream really but I still believe that consumers still have a little power, especially if they pull together when they want change.
Old 23-02-2012, 04:43   #1653
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSPWS View Post
Another thing that really makes you think it's time to force a split up of Sky's distribution & channels - how many brands would be happy with only an inferior offering of their product being made available? Can you imagine Coke or Pepsi saying we don't want it in the chiller, but luke warm off the shelf'll be fine for our consumers Perfectly fine for a third of your audience to watch SD instead of HD though like any decent brand-owing business would strive for
Thats a great analogy
Old 23-02-2012, 07:06   #1654
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

But it is a different model sadly. Sky is TV with a bit of broadband and phone through partners, and over BT lines. VM has its own infrastructure so can offer better broadband, its own phone packages and a TV package.

Every time a new channel appears on Astra and shows on Sky the channel pays for the EPG slot. Every time a new channel appears on VM, it is VM that pays the channel. So where does the money come from to pay for that channel ? Answer, advertising. So the business question that has to be asked is, will there be enough people watching that channel to recoup the money.

Sky have their own channels and are not about to share them with others unless they have to, and why should they ? They are, after all, a business. Likewise VM are not about to open their cable network and let others sell their broadband and again, why should they ?

I actually don't care if I get Sky Atlantic, Skysports in HD or Horse and Country TV. If TV was my life I would go Sky, but I am happy with VM for the range of channels they offer and I have a significantly superior broadband service. Oh and I can get a Blackberry for £7.99 a month as well on a "Quad" package.

If it was simply TV v TV then I would agree, VM is lacking but it isn't, is about the bigger pciture.
Old 23-02-2012, 08:11   #1655
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
But it is a different model sadly. Sky is TV with a bit of broadband and phone through partners, and over BT lines. VM has its own infrastructure so can offer better broadband, its own phone packages and a TV package.

Every time a new channel appears on Astra and shows on Sky the channel pays for the EPG slot. Every time a new channel appears on VM, it is VM that pays the channel. So where does the money come from to pay for that channel ? Answer, advertising. So the business question that has to be asked is, will there be enough people watching that channel to recoup the money.

Sky have their own channels and are not about to share them with others unless they have to, and why should they ? They are, after all, a business. Likewise VM are not about to open their cable network and let others sell their broadband and again, why should they ?

I actually don't care if I get Sky Atlantic, Skysports in HD or Horse and Country TV. If TV was my life I would go Sky, but I am happy with VM for the range of channels they offer and I have a significantly superior broadband service. Oh and I can get a Blackberry for £7.99 a month as well on a "Quad" package.

If it was simply TV v TV then I would agree, VM is lacking but it isn't, is about the bigger pciture.
More wise words from CARDIFF by jingo we are sharp
Old 23-02-2012, 10:08   #1656
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy Needs you: Has Virgin updated you local ITV1 +1 area?

ITV are launch more ITV1 +1 Channels on Sky this week in the following areas.

Meridian OR Anglia
West OR Westcountry??
Tyne Tees
Granada OR Border

? Means I do not know if ITV are launching one for ITV1 +1 this week.
OR Means I do not know what area is broadcasting on ITV1 +1 right now.

Thanks for any help.
What is the point of regional ITV+1 channels, the only diffrence is the regional news!

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
When Sky closed down the channels formally owned by VMTV - Bravo, Channel One and offshoots - VM did not launch any channels to replace them. Similarly when VM removed MTV Classic and two other MTV channels, no music channels appeared to replace them. Therefore, don't expect any replacements for Diva TV, Sky Living Loves and Current TV.

I'm sure that others can tell us this but my guess is that the total number of linear channels carried by VM is less than it was when VM carried MTV Classic.
The channels EPG numbers might be reused!

I think that after those 3 channels close there will be 299 channels!

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Quote:
Missing channels set launch in all areas of Virgin Media?

My Virgin Tester has tonight told me that they have just notice that RTE Radio and WRN Radio are both testing on their box (Ex NTL area).

If both RTE Radio is broadcasting on Virgin Channel 917 and WRN Radio is broadcasting on Virgin Channel 920 that mean you are in an Ex-Telewest area.

Q: WHY AM I NOT GETTING ''RTE RADIO'' OR ''WRN RADIO'' FOR?
A: RTE Radio and WRN Radio do not broadcast in Ex-ntl and Ex-Cable & Wireless areas - yet.

More info if I can get it...
Will they launch more RTE Radio stations like RTÉ 2fm, RTÉ lyric fm etc

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
As long as Virgin customers pay their subscription, and watch the channels, SKY won't change a thing. Maybe Virgin customers should boycott watching SKY SD channels. If Virgin customers make it clear they don't want to watch SKY channels in SD, the drop in viewing figures, advertising revenue and negative publicity might help change SKY's mind about channels such as SKY News HD and SKY F1HD being exclusive to SKY. It's a bit of a dream really but I still believe that consumers still have a little power, especially if they pull together when they want change.
or VM they could launch a XXL pack?
Old 23-02-2012, 10:26   #1657
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
What is the point of regional ITV+1 channels, the only diffrence is the regional news!
Pretty sure there other regional variations for documentaries and/or sports
Old 23-02-2012, 10:27   #1658
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Media Boy Needs you: Has Virgin updated you local ITV1 +1 area?

ITV are launch more ITV1 +1 Channels on Sky this week in the following areas.

Meridian OR Anglia

West OR Westcountry??
Tyne Tees
Granada OR Border

? Means I do not know if ITV are launching one for ITV1 +1 this week.
OR Means I do not know what area is broadcasting on ITV1 +1 right now.

Thanks for any help.
Well In Scotland we have stv + 1 and STV HD

Old 23-02-2012, 10:49   #1659
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Can some tell me when will the contracts between Content Providers and VM are due to end?
Old 23-02-2012, 11:00   #1660
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Can some tell me when will the contracts between Content Providers and VM are due to end?
Perhaps DF or Ben can answer that one for you Alan.
Old 23-02-2012, 12:02   #1661
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Perhaps DF or Ben can answer that one for you Alan.
Nope as that would be company confidential, plus I don't know anyway :P
Old 23-02-2012, 14:27   #1662
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

It would be good if we got this channel as it would give us a different insight on things.

Quote:
Al Jazeera English was named 'News Channel of the Year' at the Royal Television Society (RTS) awards last night, while Sky's Alex Crawford was honoured for her reporting in Libya.

The English version of Arabic-language channel Al Jazeera beat competition from Sky News and BBC News after the judges praised its coverage of the Arab Spring last year.

The judging panel said that the revolutions that spread across the Middle East in 2011 proved a "breakthrough moment" for Al Jazeera English, as the channel became "essential viewing for insight and understanding of the evolving story".
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...-the-year.html
Old 23-02-2012, 14:29   #1663
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It would be good if we got this channel as it would give us a different insight on things.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...-the-year.html
Didn't lots on here give Alan Fry stick for suggesting it , Al Jazeera is a fine news channel.
Old 23-02-2012, 14:32   #1664
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Didn't lots on here give Alan Fry stick for suggesting it , Al Jazeera is a fine news channel.
Well some will always have a moan about this that and tother but this is the type of channel that would add something to peoples TV packages.
Old 23-02-2012, 14:36   #1665
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Well some will always have a moan about this that and tother but this is the type of channel that would add something to peoples TV packages.
I watch CNN sometimes for my Non UK news.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread