Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2012, 21:32   #1471
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
It was strange that there was no mention of new HD channels or apps for TiVo at the briefing given by the CEO. I am sure it was at last years briefing that we were led to believe we would have up to 80 HD channels within 2 years and many apps.
They only discuss new stuff at investor briefings. No point in repeating what has already been covered in previous sessions.
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2012, 22:19   #1472
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Sounds Good mate see if you can find an ex-manager to put his card behind the bar.

Enjoy yourself before gettting stuck into a job search.
My advice would be to start looking for work straight away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
I am struggling to come to terms that Virgin Media are making you redundant, Yes you are one of the most helpful members on this forum always at hand to solve customers VM related problem issues(my opinion above the call of duty!)

It is definitely VM loss in losing such a valued member of staff through shortsightedness.

All the best in the future mate
Employers are always on the lookout for those staff that go the extra mile (what you refer to as "above the call of duty") in providing excellent customer service. A high level of interpersonal skills are also essential in a modern and competitive workplace. I believe that Karl passed these two attributes with flying colours.

It is unfortunate that some key VM staff have not been rewarded appropriately and I made my feelings known about this the other weekend to management.

I am confident that DF will get an excellent reference

Further changes are afoot at VM and a number of staff (a minority who may well be reading this) would be advised to heed the above advice.
Old 18-02-2012, 22:21   #1473
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
They only discuss new stuff at investor briefings. No point in repeating what has already been covered in previous sessions.
Thanks SP, but the comments were made if not a year ago then it is very close too. I would have thought there would have been some sort of update by now.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:22   #1474
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Thanks SP, but the comments were made if not a year ago then it is very close too. I would have thought there would have been some sort of update by now.
It was just over a year ago, and the quote was "a path to grow to 80 HD channels over the next two years, or three years." So it's no surprise you've heard no more at this point.

Besides, people only moan if VM give interim progress updates.
Old 19-02-2012, 11:38   #1475
andrewstevenson

virgin fails again

I think virgin need to start thinking of what customers want and give it to us. Many top hd channels there is no discussions, give us new channels and more apps. Like we recently got CBS action when customers was asking for CBS drama, we ask for universal hd crime investigation hd, disney hd and itv hd non are sky exclusives and still don't have them. They get a offer to carry premier sports on xl virgin declined. I can understand sky sports 3 and 4 hd as sky don't back down. Remember virgin have no leverage now which causes problems like we get F1 only in sd, if we get atlantic only in sd. The rest are no excuse come on virgin up your game

Old 19-02-2012, 12:01   #1476
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

so Sky Sports F1 is going to be in sd and not hd
Old 19-02-2012, 12:19   #1477
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
so Sky Sports F1 is going to be in sd and not hd
Only in SD.

Sky Sports F1 will be on Virgin Channel 516 from March 2nd.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 19-02-2012, 12:37   #1478
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: virgin fails again

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
I think virgin need to start thinking of what customers want and give it to us. Many top hd channels there is no discussions, give us new channels and more apps. Like we recently got CBS action when customers was asking for CBS drama, we ask for universal hd crime investigation hd, disney hd and itv hd non are sky exclusives and still don't have them. They get a offer to carry premier sports on xl virgin declined. I can understand sky sports 3 and 4 hd as sky don't back down. Remember virgin have no leverage now which causes problems like we get F1 only in sd, if we get atlantic only in sd. The rest are no excuse come on virgin up your game
The problem with that is that VM isn't really trying to sell its tv as a comprehensive and all channels included package. It is not equivalent to any other tv sub available.

XL is, or at least this is my impression, a package that includes a bit of everything in the price. It has all the major pay channels plus HD in the sub itself and includes comedy, drama, sports, documentaries and on demand in HD in the sub.

I really think the problem here are the customers. They have bought the wrong package as it sounds more like some customers wanted Sky and went ahead and bought VM.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:47   #1479
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Anytime in HD to launch on Virgin Media Soon.

My insiders has told me:

Quote:
last prep has been done for Sky Anytime HD so should launch soon.
No launch date was given.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 19-02-2012, 12:52   #1480
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Thanks Media Boy,I've been looking forward to this
Old 19-02-2012, 13:03   #1481
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

My insiders has told me:

Thanks MB cant wait for the HD anytime
Old 19-02-2012, 13:04   #1482
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I think the fact that Virgin have just announced increased subscribers and a profit suggests that actually Virgin are giving it's customers what they want. Lexdiamond is right, Andrew, what you actually want is Sky.
Old 19-02-2012, 13:18   #1483
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

My insiders has told me:

Thats excellent news MB.
Old 19-02-2012, 13:25   #1484
PWSPWS
Inactive

Services: VIP50 Tivo & 3 V+ (one old & 2 Samsungs)
PWSPWS is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: virgin fails again

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
Coudln't agree more - there are a channels that VM can do nothing about (other than an Ofcom complaint! SS3HD SS4HD etc) & those that they can - Disney Cinemeagic HD, ESPNA HD & Premier Sports - Adding Premier into the package would appease those who pay an equivalent amount to Sky & get less channels.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I think the fact that Virgin have just announced increased subscribers and a profit suggests that actually Virgin are giving it's customers what they want. Lexdiamond is right, Andrew, what you actually want is Sky.
Or are apathetic. I certainly wouldn't say I'm happy with what I'm getting, but haven't got to the point of changing - a price rise (especially when Sky don't have one) & nothing in return isn't the way to keep customers happy
Old 19-02-2012, 13:36   #1485
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

ITV234 HD, Premier Sports, Universal HD and I'll be happy
Closed Thread