Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:41   #721
IcedPhantom
Inactive

IcedPhantom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Sky Basics are now on EPG, will start broadcasting 6am on thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddfinger View Post

24: Day 6: With the premiere of "24: Redemption" on Sky1 on Monday 24th November at 22:00, Sky2 are offering 24: Day 6 as a stunt across one day (24 hrs) on Saturday 23rd November. That's a lot of Bauer for your buck - so settle in for a marathon session.

Seems sky are having quite a few catch ups of different programmes. Anything to do with Sky basics being back on VM?
*Hopes for Simpsons S19 Catch Up*
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2008, 09:07   #722
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

SKY channels were showing on the EPG in Swansea this morning
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16   #723
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Can anyone IM me how to see if you have channels testing on your STB
Old 11-11-2008, 09:23   #724
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

On my V+ box my total channel has gone from 298 to 310 but I can only see the Sky Basic Channels added and that NINE.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52   #725
ufitm

Services: VM VIP package and DTT freeview

mine has gone from 297 to 309 , and streams i think they called
have gone from 31 to 34
regard ufitm

Old 11-11-2008, 10:46   #726
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d

sky channels are on the epg, on the sky one is showing a test card telling you that sky channels are coming back.

the other sky channels where blank screens apart from real lives where broadcasting a preview of sky.

ps on my v+ box
Old 11-11-2008, 11:49   #727
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Post Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

As of this morning, my ex-NTL non-HD V-Box in Aylesbury has 301 channels / 31 streams with all of the Sky channels showing the Virgin announcement screen and the Virgin channels have already moved. I must have lost some channels because I used to have 298 channels. Anyone know what has gone?

Also, some of my Discovery channels are very freeze-frame / pixelated lately, although that may not be a bandwidth issue.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 11-11-2008, 13:35   #728
IcedPhantom
Inactive

How do you see the total amount of streams/total channels??
Old 11-11-2008, 13:42   #729
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedPhantom View Post
How do you see the total amount of streams/total channels??
1) Press Home.
2) Press Setting or number 8.
3) Press Technical Stuff or number 3.
4) Press the red button until you get to page 3 then you will see ''TS Streams'' and ''Total Servs'' and they will give you the information you want.
Old 11-11-2008, 15:40   #730
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Dose anyone know when/if the paranormal channel is coming to V/M
Old 11-11-2008, 15:48   #731
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

TS Streams = 30
Total servs = 322
ex ntl gu14 area.
Is this good?
Old 11-11-2008, 15:50   #732
IcedPhantom
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
1) Press Home.
2) Press Setting or number 8.
3) Press Technical Stuff or number 3.
4) Press the red button until you get to page 3 then you will see ''TS Streams'' and ''Total Servs'' and they will give you the information you want.
Thanks, but how do I know what channels are testing?
Old 11-11-2008, 16:22   #733
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedPhantom View Post
Thanks, but how do I know what channels are testing?
Onlky certain boxes can and it from the engineer menu you get it, if you do not know how to get there then you dn tneed to be there
Old 11-11-2008, 16:36   #734
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I want reruns of SG-Atlantis from where we left off.
Old 11-11-2008, 16:43   #735
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveetwo View Post
TS Streams = 30
Total servs = 322
ex ntl gu14 area.
Is this good?
yes - Ex-ntl viewers has got more channels than Ex-Telewest.
Closed Thread