Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 23:35   #691
confucious

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sorry I only have news on the Sky HD Channels.
Hmmm Media Boy apologising? Why?You bring us lots of info and I appreciate it - I was going to say we all do but I'm sure someone would disagree!

Keep it up - most of us do appreciate it.

Thanks.

Advertisement
Old 06-11-2008, 23:44   #692
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
For the 3rd and final time this week my list has been update - see post one.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

BSkyB and Virgin Media in talks over HD Channels

I have been told that Virgin Media and Sky are still in talks over Sky's HD Channels.

Virgin hope to have the deal signed by Christmas 2008 and Virgin Media may get the rights to carry up to 15 HD Channels.
Nice.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:08   #693
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:

I have been told that Virgin Media and Sky are still in talks over Sky's HD Channels.

Virgin hope to have the deal signed by Christmas 2008 and Virgin Media may get the rights to carry up to 15 HD Channels.

Great news indeed...from your mouth to Berketts ears Media Boy.
Old 07-11-2008, 19:53   #694
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

Quote:

Great news. I hope an option or something like that was signed before the other deal was signed and that is a continuation of thrashing that out, otherwise i'm not sure Virgin have sufficient leverage on Sky.

The other thing is media boy says 15. That's very interesting as the number of current sky run ones totals 15. 15 perhaps says to me that sky's contract with channel 4 isn't exclusive or is perhaps about to run out, otherwise why wouldn't virgin, sky and c4 get together to have a natter about it?
Old 07-11-2008, 19:56   #695
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I guess it's likely that when we do get HD channels we get charged £10 a month for it.
Old 07-11-2008, 20:07   #696
demented
Inactive

demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I guess it's likely that when we do get HD channels we get charged £10 a month for it.
I can think of worse things. If it is literally a deal for those 15 and not blocking others then £10 a month for 25 proper HD channels (not counting luxe or box office) would be heaven compared to now.
Old 07-11-2008, 20:20   #697
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented View Post
I can think of worse things. If it is literally a deal for those 15 and not blocking others then £10 a month for 25 proper HD channels (not counting luxe or box office) would be heaven compared to now.
Yes it would be but i only pay £2 for the XL TV pack so it's a huge price increase.
Old 07-11-2008, 20:23   #698
demented
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes it would be but i only pay £2 for the XL TV pack so it's a huge price increase.
I understand your position. I ordered a V+ at the end of last year. You'll think it fantastic for 3 or 4 months before which time you'll get bored of BBC HD repeats and the sluggish progress towards the 9 hr schedule and the samey same VOD HD stuff.

On the other hand I think sky basics might inject some interest. I never had these arts ones before so looking forward to those.
Old 07-11-2008, 20:25   #699
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I get the V+ installed tomorrow on my new 40" lcd TV so i'm hoping upscaled TV is worth the £75.
Old 07-11-2008, 20:47   #700
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
agreed

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 07-11-2008, 21:03   #701
JdNthLdn
Inactive

Services: V.I.P. & PS3
JdNthLdn is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll pay for some HD its better then no HD we've been asking the question so long "when is VM getting HD" anything right now would do!
Old 07-11-2008, 21:12   #702
oddfinger
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, 2 mb Broadband
oddfinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdNthLdn View Post
I'll pay for some HD its better then no HD we've been asking the question so long "when is VM getting HD" anything right now would do!
Below is quote from Virgin Media:-

"We are in on-going discussion with a number of broadcasters with regards to new SD and HD channels."

"With increasing consumer interest in High Definition content, we are actively pursuing rights to HD programmes for our leading video on demand service and have already made a wide range of programmes available."

"We will continue to look for opportunities to add more great HD programmes as they become available, as well as working with content providers, such as the BBC, to provide HD programmes within the popular iPlayer service."

Mmmm!
Old 07-11-2008, 21:44   #703
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
now, as in standard def??? granted HD is far superior to scart broadcast,but be honest,you cant say standard def is all that bad (compared to RF with all the snow and ****!!) should we all not be thankful for what little we receive (now who said that first )
Old 07-11-2008, 21:44   #704
oddfinger
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, 2 mb Broadband
oddfinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Thought this may be of interest for anyone who missed '24' Day 6 because of the Sky, VM catfight:-

24: Day 6: With the premiere of "24: Redemption" on Sky1 on Monday 24th November at 22:00, Sky2 are offering 24: Day 6 as a stunt across one day (24 hrs) on Saturday 23rd November. That's a lot of Bauer for your buck - so settle in for a marathon session.

Seems sky are having quite a few catch ups of different programmes. Anything to do with Sky basics being back on VM?
Old 07-11-2008, 21:47   #705
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddfinger View Post
Thought this may be of interest for anyone who missed '24' Day 6 because of the Sky, VM catfight:-

24: Day 6: With the premiere of "24: Redemption" on Sky1 on Monday 24th November at 22:00, Sky2 are offering 24: Day 6 as a stunt across one day (24 hrs) on Saturday 23rd November. That's a lot of Bauer for your buck - so settle in for a marathon session.

Seems sky are having quite a few catch ups of different programmes. Anything to do with Sky basics being back on VM?
errrmmmm
Closed Thread