Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sainsbury's pull out of 'Work for your benefits scheme'

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sainsbury's pull out of 'Work for your benefits scheme'

Old 27-02-2012, 10:42   #166
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Sainsbury's pull out of 'Work for your benefits scheme'

RizzyKing dont think I am talking relation here.

What about HIGH RISK unemployed those with troubled lives ie drugs abuse, arson, stealing, shoplifting and GBH/ABH.

I accept everybody needs second chance it might even be behind some of them, great they turned life around. However forcing those types who have not deemed high risk. If those would be deemed so bad they exempt then why they done this. Then it would fill me with dread those currently troubled would be forced to work dangers and concequences of this fill me with dread.

You can you imagine drug junkie being forced to work in charity shop or firm going cold turkey for a fix or worse taking it in toilet. Will there be measures to make sure these individuals wont pose a danger and would never be able to get drugs on premises or knives.
How easy would to get friend to slip him his stuff after phone call desperation. It something forcing it there huge dangers involved. Social only see a Number they dont see the person his habits unless he know to the police but do they have access to records.

What about those people who troubled can get agressive violent do we want these in charities or shops.

I know its no defence but think government ought to be wary that there certain dangers.

Who would be responsible if irate customer gets stabbed or set upon. I am fearing there will be a flashpoint will government say sorry we never thought it would happen.

There those who would shop lift or steal would the companies want those near there business. I would think there HUGE risk of this happening while its JSA+Expenses no wage. The over bearing temptation to sneak off with something.

What about arsonist damn would tell social to naff off if I knew these types was coming to shop I owned. How many low lifes would be casing up premises for raids.

I wonder if this payback for those riots yet how many was unemployed.

I just showing that it maybe we should be careful that there will be some shady characters forced into this which I would worry about.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2012, 10:54   #167
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
What about those people who troubled can get agressive violent do we want these in charities or shops.

I know its no defence but think government ought to be wary that there certain dangers.

Who would be responsible if irate customer gets stabbed or set upon. I am fearing there will be a flashpoint will government say sorry we never thought it would happen.
I said all this months ago.
the staff at places like Asda, Tesco's and such get paid a wage. so would be polite to customers because they don't want to risk losing their job.

if we have 'staff' there that don't want to be there. then if they want to hit you they will. then we could have a good scrap in the aisles. then all his mates join in and it turns into a 'staff' Vs the customer brawl

it will never happen. we have a deterrent called the police.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 08:38   #168
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Chris Grayling is put on the spot by Channel 4 news with a letter that claimants are sent stating if they don't turn up or fail to start, their money may be stopped.
he suggests it's a letter for some other kind of scheme. but is told that it's a letter that has been confirmed by DWP to be the standard letter they send out.
he just keeps repeating it's a voluntary scheme, it's a voluntary scheme.. and probably said fiddlesticks at the end

http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-u...BENEFITSINT_28
Old 29-02-2012, 09:41   #169
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Chris Grayling is put on the spot by Channel 4 news with a letter that claimants are sent stating if they don't turn up or fail to start, their money may be stopped.
he suggests it's a letter for some other kind of scheme. but is told that it's a letter that has been confirmed by DWP to be the standard letter they send out.
he just keeps repeating it's a voluntary scheme, it's a voluntary scheme.. and probably said fiddlesticks at the end

http://www.channel4.com/news/catch-u...BENEFITSINT_28
I'm tempted to say that only people who have been through the mincer that is your local benefits agency / job centre can truly understand the awfulness of the letters they send and the rules they impose. But if there were ever a person whose job it is to understand, without ever having actually been on the dole, it's the minister who is supposed to be in charge of the thing.

Grayling clearly does not understand the DWP and more worryingly, has apparently made no effort to look into it and to understand it since this situation began to unravel.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 09:47   #170
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Its from the mirror i know but i think this just about sums up every single reservation i have about this scheme firms handed wads of government cash or next to free labour for very little.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rs-cash-743698
Old 29-02-2012, 09:55   #171
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Grayling clearly does not understand the DWP and more worryingly, has apparently made no effort to look into it and to understand it since this situation began to unravel.
Someone's looking into it. what with all the evidence being altered or disappearing from the DWP website.

it was all there in it's glory until they realised that it wasn't just people on the dole who may want to read it
Old 29-02-2012, 10:24   #172
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I really don't know who they're trying to kid. "you must do this or you may lose benefit" is a standard line on almost every letter they send to anyone for any reason.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:37   #173
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Ouch. That video is embarrassing. I don't know why the government is continuing with the scheme, it just seems like they are onto a loser and should bail out now.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 11:23   #174
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Someone's looking into it. what with all the evidence being altered or disappearing from the DWP website.

it was all there in it's glory until they realised that it wasn't just people on the dole who may want to read it
Sadly that is something there very good at wiping the trails of evidence.

There actually good staff who help you whisper things too you as help but however there is some right power hitlers. Its those ones you goto avoid if you can after few weeks you know the nasties the crooked ones. You treaded very carefully around these.

Few moons back when needed them we saw hitler mark 2 cow she was evil tried to destroy your self esteem. One day she went too far with verbals character assasinations she even had her own staff in tears at times. She got fired finally god knows why it tooks so long sure she bedding the boss, how everyone laughed at her when she turned up to sign on the dole. Staff made her life misery who she hurt with spiteful mouth she deserved everything she got us calling her too.

Sadly there is history doing one thing then denying it covering tracks so impossible to prove it.

Best solution at times is record conversations with them. Keep all documentation that way they try deny things you got them.

I find it not suprising politian dont know what he on about he thinks its one way it completely wrong on the ground.

Its happened for years from all parties politians being dettached from his post. Civil Servants know more then whitehall like polititians at times these usually the first port of call. How many polititians actually go into the field find out themselves or send spies to act on there half get true reflection of issues how it is.

They might just one day stand there actually know what they doing or saying instead being made a mug.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 16:40   #175
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Ouch. That video is embarrassing. I don't know why the government is continuing with the scheme, it just seems like they are onto a loser and should bail out now.
Well guess what:

Quote:
Ministers have dropped the threat of sanctions for unemployed youngsters on a controversial work experience scheme.

It follows a meeting with dozens of firms with concerns, after criticism it amounted to "unpaid forced labour".

Some employers had pulled out of the scheme - in which 16- to 24-year-olds on jobseeker's allowance do up to eight weeks' unpaid work but keep benefits.

It is voluntary but those who dropped out after the first week risked having their benefits docked for a fortnight.

The government says that only 220 cases out of 34,200 people taking part between January and the end of November 2011 received a benefits "sanction".

But following Wednesday's meeting with firms and charities, it said that rule would be dropped - although sanctions would still apply in cases of gross misconduct.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17200688
Old 29-02-2012, 16:43   #176
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Good - hopefully this will mean a bigger uptake, with more firms taking part, and with more of the job-seekers gaining employment at the end of the work experience.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 17:24   #177
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Good news indeed though it makes you wonder why the communication was so bad in the BBC article it said ministers were saying it was voluntary ,and job centres saying it was compulsory left hand right hand and all that.
Old 29-02-2012, 17:49   #178
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I think it's a mistake ,the government should have stuck to their guns with this .Given the demographic that this scheme is aimed at there has to be some sort of consequence for dropping out without a good reason ,that is part of the training i would have thought
Old 29-02-2012, 18:07   #179
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Good news Marty. the sanctions have only been removed from the one of the work programs. and if nobody volunteers to go on that one without sanctions, they'll put them on the mandatory one instead.

Quote:
Mr Osborne also warned: “Young people who don’t engage with this offer will be considered for mandatory work activity, and those that drop out without good reason will lose their benefits.”
So no doubt those who are against 'slave labour' will focus on this one now. and this one will probably have to be changed too. because afterall, the point was being forced to work for no wage.

and they'll be basing this argument solely on a few points.
(Loss of benefits for not wanting to work for free, minimum wage laws, not doing anything about jobs, and instead just admitting defeat and getting something out of them to keep the voters happy, boosting companies profits, loss of real jobs available due to free labour)

it should be fun.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/b...xperience.html
Old 29-02-2012, 18:07   #180
RizzyKing

Marty it is only a good scheme if the right people are on it under the right circumstances and that wasn't the case and the government got found out. No one has a problem with a truly voluntary scheme that enables those who want to show that they could be good employee's for a given company but when your forcing people on are you really doing what is best for the age group as a whole. It is hard enough to be taken seriously when looking for a job without having a waste of space doing all they can to sabotage everyone else by being a disruptive useless article.

We will have to get to a stage in this contry where there is more then enough job oppurtunitys for everyone wanting a job before we can clearly identify the work shy brigade and deal with them, sadly that won't happen anytime soon.