Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sainsbury's pull out of 'Work for your benefits scheme'

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sainsbury's pull out of 'Work for your benefits scheme'

Old 26-02-2012, 12:47   #136
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Sainsbury's pull out of 'Work for your benefits scheme'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
How many have they been found guilty of?
At least 4. I'll have a look later about the rest.

my mistake. it was 5.
how come your link with the BBC says only 2?

Quote:
A4e, the company at the heart of the Government's flagship Work Programme, has been forced to pay back public money five times after a series of investigations into allegations of fraud.
http://www.channel4.com/news/arrests...contractor-a4e
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2012, 12:48   #137
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

A link would be good...

btw, love your definition of "guilty" - no charges were brought.

So, just to get it straight - in your eyes, if a company discovers some of it's employees are committing fraud, if they then report this to the DWP and police, fire the employees, pay back the money the employees fraudulenty obtained, the company is still guilty?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 12:51   #138
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
A link would be good...

btw, love your definition of "guilty" - no charges were brought.
What definition of "guilty"?

they paid the money back.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:53   #139
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
How many have they been found guilty of?

(or do you believe that just by being investigated, they are guilty?)

Update - they have referred nine cases to the DWP - link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
At least 4. I'll have a look later about the rest.
Quote:
What definition of "guilty"?

they paid the money back.
That definition of guilty....
Old 26-02-2012, 13:00   #140
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That definition of guilty....
You're the one who brought the term of guilty into it. and to be honest I don't know what you mean.

I've updated my post. it was 5 times and not 4. and you said it's only 2.
Old 26-02-2012, 21:50   #141
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Anybody going to any of the protests on the 3rd March?

I see they're getting ready for them. the Police have been told to clamp down hard.

I expect if they're happening all over the country then it could have potential to become mini riots.

I think the government will see that it's not just a tiny minority such as the SWP. they'll see that it's mostly the general public.
Old 26-02-2012, 21:55   #142
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Anybody going to any of the protests on the 3rd March?

I see they're getting ready for them. the Police have been told to clamp down hard.

I expect if they're happening all over the country then it could have potential to become mini riots.

I think the government will see that it's not just a tiny minority such as the SWP. they'll see that it's mostly the general public.

No ,unfortunately the majority of the general public will be too busy working
Old 26-02-2012, 21:58   #143
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
No ,unfortunately the majority of the general public will be too busy working
That's a thought. I wonder how many doing the free labour on that day would have wanted to give their support?
Old 26-02-2012, 21:59   #144
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Not what the polls say...

YouGovSundayTimes
Quote:
Do you support or oppose job centres offering unemployed people short-term unpaid jobs to enable them to get experience of work. The placements are voluntary and people taking up the roles continue to receive jobseekers allowance while doing the job, but may lose benefit if they drop out half way through. There is no guarantee of a paid job at the end of theplacement.

Support-59% (CON-81%,LAB-44%,LD-66%)
Oppose-34% (CON-15%,LAB-51%,LD-31%)
Don't Know-7%

Do you support or oppose job centres forcing people on longer term unemployment to take up compulsory unpaid work placement to give them experience of work. If people refuse to take part in the mandatory work scheme, they risk having their jobseekers allowance stopped.

Support-61% (CON-82%,LAB-48%,LD-54%)
Oppose-32% (CON-14%,LAB-47%,LD-42%)
Don't Know-8%

Which of the following statements best reflects your view?

Giving unpaid work placements to the unemployed is a positive thing for a company to do, helping young unemployed people get experience of real work
52% (CON-74%,LAB-37%,LD-56%)

Giving unpaid work placements to the unemployed is a negative thing for a company to do, exploiting the unemployed to do work that they should be paying a proper wage for
34% (CON-17%,LAB-49%,LD-37%)

Neither-8%
Don't know-7%
Old 26-02-2012, 22:02   #145
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
That's a thought. I wonder how many doing the free labour on that day would have wanted to give their support?
If they protest against something that is designed to help them they need a good slap .......and sanctioned
Old 26-02-2012, 22:07   #146
Gary L
cf.mega poster

That's a bit biased.
they say that it's voluntary. some people are missing the point that a lot of the upset is about it wasn't voluntary and that a lot of people were told they had to do it.
(as we discussed earlier)

I wonder how many of them who said they weren't against it, work. or just had prejudices against the unemployed?
a reversal of the "Job Snob" if you like.
Old 26-02-2012, 22:07   #147
martyh

Quote:
Not what the polls say...

YouGovSundayTimes

Oh dear Hugh ,looks like those facts got in the way again
Old 26-02-2012, 22:09   #148
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If they protest against something that is designed to help them they need a good slap .......and sanctioned
I was reading your initial first posts in this thread. I'm wondering what made you change your attitude later on?

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Quote:
Oh dear Hugh ,looks like those facts got in the way again
He said a4e only had to pay money back 2 times earlier on. when it was actually 5.
them kind of facts?
Old 26-02-2012, 22:12   #149
martyh

Quote:
That's a bit biased.
they say that it's voluntary. some people are missing the point that a lot of the upset is about it wasn't voluntary and that a lot of people were told they had to do it.
(as we discussed earlier)

I wonder how many of them who said they weren't against it, work. or just had prejudices against the unemployed?
a reversal of the "Job Snob" if you like.
Oh give it a bloody rest Gary ,the majority of tax payers if not the majority of the country as a whole think it's a good idea ,it's only the people who are scared of losing the freedom they have to sit on the dole with the state paying for everything that object along with a few idiots that think some kind of 'uman right has beeen violated
Old 26-02-2012, 22:13   #150
Gary L
cf.mega poster

As long as it doesn't affect you Marty.