Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub & Virgin Media Business

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub & Virgin Media Business

Old 02-07-2011, 18:02   #76
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age
Re: Superhub & Virgin Media Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
Is there any clarity on whether the Business SuperHub & residential Superhub are one and the same device?
They are two separate devices ..
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2011, 18:12   #77
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks for the confirmation. So I assume then that the things you are having to consider for the Business Superhub are unrelated in any way to the work being undertaken on the residential superhub.

I guess you can't comment on the revised launch date?
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 19:30   #78
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Cost of services will be interesting.. When I first started on VMB it was a case of having advantages over the residential services such as:

1# Faster upload
2# Free tech support calls
3# Included fixed IP's
4# No traffic management

Now if you take the details put forward in the thread the only free advantage will be the no Traffic Management (and that's only on the lower packages.)

I'm seriously wondering what the advantages are in being tied down to another long term contract and paying for the upgrade??

Too little too late for an uncompetitive package at a dear price?? We'll have to wait and see..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:55   #79
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Also they are no longer just fixed IPs but proper Static IPs and available on both 30Mb & 50Mb

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
They are two separate devices ..
Are you 100% on that? From what I have seen its the same device.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15   #80
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Its coming, just a small delay. I got my briefing on the new services during the week.
I called Business sales today - was told I was due 1st July, but now likely to be a 2-3 month delay. Is this right? As Kymmy says this is now 18+ months late. Though the person I spoek to said it's all gone very quiet now.

VMB has been left way behind by other business broadband providers. The unfortunate situation for me is that BT Infinity isn't going to give me much more than the 10 Mb/s I get from VMB now so I have little choice but wait.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:18   #81
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I don't think it will be as long as that at all. Will see what I can find out.
Old 05-07-2011, 13:02   #82
ccarmock
cf.geek

Thanks it would be useful to know.....
Old 05-07-2011, 15:07   #83
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

You're lucky, best I can get besides VM/VMB is 6.5Mb down 800Kb up with ADSL. No ADSL2 or Infinity here for many years yet..

Still though being a small company I can't justify spending more than the current costs especially with our industry being hit so hard

I really do hope they are going to think about freely upgrading existing customers and not just try to rely on new customers or extortionate upgrade fees for services that we should be on anyway
Old 07-07-2011, 00:15   #84
ccarmock
cf.geek

I gather the upgrade fee for existing customers is £50
I had a call back from VMB and had a much longer conversation with someone who seemed very clued up on the next steps.

He acknowledged the delay and apologised. Said there were multiple reasons but one of them IS firmware related on the business Superhub. I asked about that device and was told it is identical hardware to the residential one but with a different version of firmware with the extra L2TP options in. However some good news is that the modem part will form the L2TP tunnel to support fixed IP not the router side and thus bridge mode will be supported, though not at launch.

He told me the likely launch time is during August as they are waiting on Netgear to issue new firmware.
Old 07-07-2011, 14:18   #85
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Yikes. Bridge mode not supported at launch. Where have we heard this one before?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 14:26   #86
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Yikes. Bridge mode not supported at launch. Where have we heard this one before?
That may be the partial reason for delay though. Waiting on the firmware.
Old 07-07-2011, 14:27   #87
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
That's going to mess up a lot of business networks
Old 07-07-2011, 16:43   #88
ccarmock
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
That's going to mess up a lot of business networks
In what respect?
Old 07-07-2011, 19:18   #89
theoldbill

Services: 100mb VM (R27T2) & 2x 8mb Ipstream MAX dsl (Plusnet, IDnet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
In what respect?
Use of owned or managed hardware at a guess - oh and the need for more than 4 network ports
Old 07-07-2011, 20:25   #90
ccarmock
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldbill View Post
Use of owned or managed hardware at a guess - oh and the need for more than 4 network ports
The current business modem is owned by VMB. More than 4 ports can be acheived by connecting to a switch.

The issue I was concerned about was if VMB insist on their router holding the public IP address, then all devices behind that woudl have a private address ie 192.168.xx.xx or 10.0.0.0/8 etc. However they are going to offer a no NAT option with multiple fixed IP addresses than can be assigned to customer equipment.