Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CF: Clickers Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CF: Clickers Corner

Old 17-12-2009, 11:16   #211
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Re: CF: Clickers Corner

[QUOTE=jabtas;34928883]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
As you say it's pretty cheap so it might be worth a punt. If my friends 10-20mm Sigma lens is anything to go by, your going to get bad edge distortion whatever you buy.

I have a Sigma 15-30mm, and I get very little (if any ) edge distortion

What body does your friend have it hooked upto, if its full frame or 35mm it may explain the problem
I tried it on my Nikon D90. I took an image of the the new tower on Swansea Marina from the Promenade. This is full width, but I've cropped the sky down by half. You can see the distortion on the left side and the tower is leaning over as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-10-09-Sigma 10-20mm @ 10mm.jpg (44.8 KB, 23 views)
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-12-2009, 19:38   #212
jabtas
Inactive

jabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud of

Hmm doesnt look good does it
what size sensor is the D90, APS or full frame
You will always get leaning in with such a wide angle tho, thats just the nature of the beast, a fisheye lens will give a circular image with everything leaning inwards

Taken on my 300D with the 15-30 (at 15mm), I know that a full 50% narrow than 10mm
jabtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 21:41   #213
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabtas View Post
Aint the transporter been moved to Arizona?

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Couple of pics I took of the tree, didnt spend time setting up the shots.

C&C welcome, exif should be embedded.

alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 22:46   #214
jabtas
Inactive

jabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud ofjabtas has much to be proud of

Ferret, the first one would make a very good Crimble card
Just needs a tad more exposure and the white balance sorting out
Old 18-12-2009, 23:07   #215
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Ferret, the first one would make a very good Crimble card
Just needs a tad more exposure and the white balance sorting out
Had a quick play, not very good with CS3, cropped a little, thanks for the comment

Old 19-12-2009, 09:08   #216
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Hmm doesnt look good does it
what size sensor is the D90, APS or full frame
You will always get leaning in with such a wide angle tho, thats just the nature of the beast, a fisheye lens will give a circular image with everything leaning inwards
The D90 is APS, the lens ratio is 1.6x. I was expecting the edge distortion but not the amount that occurs a third of the way into the frame.

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Had a quick play, not very good with CS3, cropped a little, thanks for the comment
I'd be inclined to crop out the the right side, I find it distracting and it's not adding anything to the story of the image.
Something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tree1aa.jpg (197.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 19-12-2009, 09:46   #217
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

That's much more pleasing an image DW. The cropping has made a world of difference . As Jabtas said "it would make a very good Crimble card"
Old 20-12-2009, 15:44   #218
jabtas
Inactive

I made a rainbow
Well the mirrored wardrobe made it, I just took the piccie :wag tongue:

Old 20-12-2009, 16:15   #219
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Quote:
I really love this one, well seen.
Old 20-12-2009, 18:35   #220
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I really love this one, well seen.
Ditto to that, excellent pic

Added some pics to my photobucket
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/alferret/
These are my keepers from today. All of them are cropped (trying to keep in with the subject which I seem not to do)
Old 20-12-2009, 21:19   #221
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Quote:
Ditto to that, excellent pic

Added some pics to my photobucket
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/alferret/
These are my keepers from today. All of them are cropped (trying to keep in with the subject which I seem not to do)
Some lovely images there, I really like the tunnel. I hope you don't mind but I processed it with the Topaz Adjust 3 'Spicify' filter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tunnelsmall.jpg (165.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 20-12-2009, 21:41   #222
jabtas
Inactive

I agree, some excellent shots
I particually like "Stones"
Old 21-12-2009, 17:13   #223
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

I'm not sure how it stands in the great scheme of things, but I'm a happy bunny, my Flickr views have now exceeded 100,000.
Old 21-12-2009, 21:24   #224
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Some lovely images there, I really like the tunnel. I hope you don't mind but I processed it with the Topaz Adjust 3 'Spicify' filter.
No problem at all with playing with the pics

I do like what you have done with that pic DW, am I right in assuming its a plugin for CS3 or something?

100,000 that is a great milestone

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Flickr or Photobucket?

I have free accounts for both but which is the better?
Old 22-12-2009, 08:12   #225
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Quote:
No problem at all with playing with the pics

I do like what you have done with that pic DW, am I right in assuming its a plugin for CS3 or something?

100,000 that is a great milestone

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Flickr or Photobucket?

I have free accounts for both but which is the better?
Topaz Adjust is a Photoshop plug-in although I use it with Elements 8.
http://www.topazlabs.com/adjust/ It has various presets, the one I use most 'pops' the colour to give the image a bit more bite. Spicify is like HDR for a single image.

I mainly use Flickr, I have a Phtobucket account but it's not used much. No real reason, I found Flickr first and now have the pro account.