Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:53   #811
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-S View Post
Its not unfortunately
Are you andrewstevenson by any chance?.

And is this your post.

"Well at the moment in a conversation with virgin media that cant confirm a release date they suspect it might be pushed back to wait for the new tv interface and also sky saports news HD will NOT be coming to virgin media as it was not part of the agreement when sky bought living tv group"
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2010, 11:54   #812
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Its not unfortunately
That sounds like network issue or capacity.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:55   #813
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
no one can be harsh at him or make him talk as this thread is all speculation and rumours and not an offical VM forum. Im not mad or upset as i just hope what he and MB says his correct
totally agree but it would be nice to hear a reason why (according to him!!) an almost certain launch was cancelled or didnt happen.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57   #814
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
no one can be harsh at him or make him talk as this thread is all speculation and rumours and not an offical VM forum. Im not mad or upset as i just hope what he and MB says his correct
Agreed, I'm sure Big Red was just passing on info he had received. If nobody did that in case it wasn't true then this would be a very boring thread
Old 03-09-2010, 12:07   #815
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Mr-S can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
Are you andrewstevenson by any chance?.

And is this your post.

"Well at the moment in a conversation with virgin media that cant confirm a release date they suspect it might be pushed back to wait for the new tv interface and also sky saports news HD will NOT be coming to virgin media as it was not part of the agreement when sky bought living tv group"
Nope have no idea who that even is but I can tell you i am a Liverpool fan though
Old 03-09-2010, 12:11   #816
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Nope have no idea who that even is but I can tell you i am a Liverpool fan though

Boooooo Hisssssssssssssssssss.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:16   #817
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I dont know you and I'm not going to baited into saying what it is so throw whatever vailed insults you want but I personally wont reveal what it is... end of convo.

I have no need to get creditability posting messages on forum to strangers but had some info and wanted to get it to a credible source to get out there. Due to my work I cant reveal anymore and that's all I am saying... if I want to keep anonymous than that is my perogative.

Carry on with taking pot shots and ill just report them to the mods.
RobboEdin isn't doing anything wrong though?... you have just joined the forum and are posting that you know something, that other posters do not... you can't blame people for being a little untrusting.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:22   #818
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

What's this new TV interface all about and why would that effect channels launching ?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24   #819
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What's this new TV interface all about and why would that effect channels launching ?
It's news to me
Old 03-09-2010, 12:38   #820
Jameseh

Its been on Media Boy's list of thing 'coming soon' for a while, I imagine its a new UI for the non-TiVo boxes as they cannot use the TiVo software. As for channels launching with it, it just makes the launch 'bigger'.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:44   #821
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I can't see Virgin making any changes to the existing TV EPG at present. Everything will be dedicated to the TiVO launch.

So even if Virgin are looking at changes, I doubt it would be this year - so I can't see Virgin delaying the launch of the Sky HD Basics till next year!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44   #822
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Well I look a fool this morning,

I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to get answers from my source and he has spent all morning asking questions and all I can say is my source has stated ALL is ready VM side to release these channels to VM TV Customers and all was planned to go live 3rd Sept.

Everything from actual Channels to Web Site update and Marketing - something happened yesterday for this not to be released, his management is not stating any reasons and the reply is update will be issued soon.

If I have mislead anyone I apologise as I did not intend to and I would not post anything on here if I was not 100% sure (Otherwise it does make me look like an idiot)

Again sorry and I will post any updates I get whether you believe them or not is another thing.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49   #823
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post

I have spent the last 2 hrs trying to get answers from my source and he has spent all morning asking questions and all I can say is my source has stated ALL is ready VM side to release these channels to VM TV Customers and all was planned to go live 3rd Sept.

Everything from actual Channels to Web Site update and Marketing - something happened yesterday for this not to be released, his management is not stating any reasons and the reply is update will be issued soon.

If I have mislead anyone I apologise as I did not intend to and I would not post anything on here if I was not 100% sure (Otherwise it does make me look like an idiot)

Again sorry and I will post any updates I get whether you believe them or not is another thing.
Dont worry about it red. You cant win them all.
The thread is a discussion forum not a dead cert announcement forum.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:58   #824
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Its been on Media Boy's list of thing 'coming soon' for a while, I imagine its a new UI for the non-TiVo boxes as they cannot use the TiVo software. As for channels launching with it, it just makes the launch 'bigger'.
I mean the EPG stopping channels launching, not the EPG itself

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Quote:

Plans can change very quickly and launches can be delayed for various reasons... you don't look a fool to me and I'm sure other feel the same, BR

You only post to with the best intent for others.
Old 03-09-2010, 13:02   #825
Krankor
Inactive

Krankor is on a distinguished roadKrankor is on a distinguished road

Quote:

No need to apologise (I only check this thread to see if you've posted as your info is normally bang on!).
Closed Thread