Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2010, 16:54   #211
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad_2002 View Post
Yeah

Any idea if will be broadcast on HD?
BBC Scotland sign the deal so no HD.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2010, 17:34   #212
billc
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media full package
billc is just really nicebillc is just really nicebillc is just really nicebillc is just really nicebillc is just really nicebillc is just really nice

I added all the Sky HD channels and my bill was £105 a month. Now I add the HD channels and it adds up to £115, which with the phone is £131 this month, why has it gone up this month? If its stays like this I will have to cut down.

Jameseh
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Jameseh
Find More Posts by Jameseh
Add Jameseh to Your Contacts

Today, 15:21
Hi

My bill was £ 115+ but a chat to retentions brought it down to £ 85 + calls.
Don't bother with 50mb unless you really need it
Regards

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by billc View Post
I added all the Sky HD channels and my bill was £105 a month. Now I add the HD channels and it adds up to £115, which with the phone is £131 this month, why has it gone up this month? If its stays like this I will have to cut down.

Jameseh
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Jameseh
Find More Posts by Jameseh
Add Jameseh to Your Contacts

Today, 15:21
Hi

My bill was £ 115+ but a chat to retentions brought it down to £ 85 + calls.
Don't bother with 50mb unless you really need it
Regards
Old 16-08-2010, 22:12   #213
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Anyone else had a nice card from Virgin saying "Wow you're amazing" and stating that they will be bringing more HD channels along with a little guide on A-Z of HD?
I think it's a bit late however as the booklet says "Film4 HD coming soon"
Old 16-08-2010, 22:40   #214
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

How Come Sky Have Got Thomas Cook TV and Other Holiday Booking Channels and Virgin Media Have None?. It would be nice if virgin get those channels it would be a good replacement or sky real lives don't you think?.
Old 16-08-2010, 23:21   #215
winkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
How Come Sky Have Got Thomas Cook TV and Other Holiday Booking Channels and Virgin Media Have None?. It would be nice if virgin get those channels it would be a good replacement or sky real lives don't you think?.
Just a waste of EPG slots

Old 16-08-2010, 23:30   #216
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
I remember having them on ntl: but they got removed
Old 16-08-2010, 23:46   #217
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
More Shopping Channels set to launch on Virgin Media ''Later this week''.

Steve Bennett Co-Founder of the Colourful Company Group has confrim LIVE on Gems TV today that Jewellery Maker is set to launch on Virgin Media ''Later this week''.

No Channel number or news on if Rocks TV is also coming was given.
I am now hearing that ESPN America HD will be launching on Virgin Media ''Soon''.

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Anyone else had a nice card from Virgin saying "Wow you're amazing" and stating that they will be bringing more HD channels along with a little guide on A-Z of HD?
I think it's a bit late however as the booklet says "Film4 HD coming soon"
Media Mum and Media Dad got that last week.
Old 17-08-2010, 09:02   #218
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Media Mum and Media Dad got that last week.
And I got mine today.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:17   #219
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Virgin Media to axe some MTV Channels.

The following MTV channels will no longer be available as from August 24th :-

-MTV Shows (Virgin Channel 170),
-MTV +1 (Virgin Channel 312),
-MTV Classic (Virgin Channel 321).
Old 17-08-2010, 11:21   #220
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Virgin Media to axe some MTV Channels.

The following MTV channels will no longer be available as from August 24th :-

-MTV Shows (Virgin Channel 170),
-MTV +1 (Virgin Channel 312),
-MTV Classic (Virgin Channel 321).
Any reason for this or too free up capacity?.Surely there should be enough.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:25   #221
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
Any reason for this or too free up capacity?.Surely there should be enough.
I have been told they will reuse the channels to launch other channels that MTV own.

=== Own by Viacom (MTV) ===
BET
BET + 1
Comedy Central Extra + 1
NickToons Replay
Comedy Central HD (Coming September 1st)
Old 17-08-2010, 11:27   #222
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
I have been told they will reuse the channels to launch other channels that MTV own.
Makes sense.

Any possible news on history hd?.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:29   #223
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Makes sense.

No news.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:38   #224
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Makes sense.

It might make sense to a degree, but how can virgin media possibly removing channels be a good thing? Surely virgin making themselves less appealing in terms of channel choice is a poor choice! I would rather not have BET and comedy central extra, what a complete waste of space!
Especially when 3 out of the 5 possible new channels that media boy announced are time shift channels.
Old 17-08-2010, 11:40   #225
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
It might make sense to a degree, but how can virgin media possibly removing channels be a good thing?
It's not Virgin removing channels, it's MTV wanting them removed so they can launch other channels in their place